Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Crane Ignition kit Q'z

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crane Ignition kit Q'z, + Jet Computer chipping

I've got a Crane Ignition kit witch included a fireball coil. The car is a 99 honda dx hatch d16y8. Question is, dose anyone know how to install the external coil? They do sell a kit witch inculdes everything needed but for a freeking 80 bills! All for a cap and some wire! They say to drill a hole into the cap, then use a gromit to seal it up, but explain nothing what to connect the wires to. I realize it needs to go to the + and - input from the internal coil, but I have no idea what that looks like. Is there any way to use a volt meter to check and see without having a cap on?

Mark

PS: Also have a Jet Computer upgrade going to be installed soon. Any idea if this would have a negitive effect on the igniton kit witch I am installing? Also, where the heck is the little box at again? In side passenger area, by the door frame?

Modified by wootcivic at 4:25 AM 4/11/2004
Old 04-10-2004, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crane Ignition kit Q'z, + Jet Computer chipping (wootcivic)

no so positive on the info im fixing to give you since i use msd's 6al w/ extrernal coil , Well it sounds like you would probally need a MSD distributor cap ($30) , and you could take your old cap off , remove the stock coil ( white wire and a blue wire holding it in , then you could splice those to wires to the appropriate wires that were on the stock coil to the schematic that is included with your setup , and the other wiring should be easy

I cant remember but i think msd's part # is 8292 , should be right , comes with modified dizzy cap , coil wire and tool