Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

could i get my money back

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default could i get my money back

ok here the **** i broke an axel and got it replace at some tranny shop got it fixed rite but wait my studs were also messed up but they fixed it without asking me first drove it for a couple of days rite and i had the 15in rotas but trade my cuzs for his 17s drove on it for a week and then drove on the highway boom my rim comes off lucky it got caught in my fender wall tow it there and they say they cant do **** cause i had the 15s on when they did the work and got charged 200 buck to fix it can i do something and yeah this was like 2years ago but i still got my reciepe
Old 10-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: could i get my money back (jdmboi86)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmboi86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok here the **** i broke an axel and got it replace at some tranny shop got it fixed rite but wait my studs were also messed up but they fixed it without asking me first drove it for a couple of days rite and i had the 15in rotas but trade my cuzs for his 17s drove on it for a week and then drove on the highway boom my rim comes off lucky it got caught in my fender wall tow it there and they say they cant do **** cause i had the 15s on when they did the work and got charged 200 buck to fix it can i do something and yeah this was like 2years ago but i still got my reciepe </TD></TR></TABLE>

1) It's called a period, it looks like this ".", use it.
2) If you tried to get your money back and they said no then chances are you won't get your money. It was 2 years ago and it was a different set of tires. Can you really prove it was their fault and not yours? Is it worth pressing legal action for 200?

shitty deal, sorry to hear about it. But if your tire came off on the highway and all you have to pay is 200....consider yourself lucky
Old 10-20-2005, 05:21 PM

Im going to rewrite this for you so everyone can understand it.

You had an axle replaced about 2 years ago, they also replaced your wheel studs at the same time as a cutesy without your permission.

YOU then later decided to change rims to something else, later on they fall off.

Now 2 yrs later You want Them to fix it for free, since you already paid them you want your money back.
--------------------My comments now-------------

Not going to happen, there work was fine, you dident torque them down enough causing the wheels to fall off. You have to retorque alloy wheels after 50 miles or such, When I worked at a shop it stated that on the recipt and I told customers to come back otherwise we WOULD not warranty there ****. Never did. We NEVER had anyone come back saying a wheel fell off either tho.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:33 PM

periods are nice..
Old 10-20-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: could i get my money back (johnecon2001)

So... They fixed your axle and studs over two years ago and a couple of weeks after they "fixed" everything you swapped rims and had the studs fall out. Now, almost two years later, you are trying to have them fix it? Or are you trying to have them reimburse you?

By the way, what ingredients are in your recipe?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my lugs was tight *** hell
Old 10-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmboi86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok here the **** i broke an axel and got it replace at some tranny shop got it fixed rite but wait my studs were also messed up but they fixed it without asking me first drove it for a couple of days rite and i had the 15in rotas but trade my cuzs for his 17s drove on it for a week and then drove on the highway boom my rim comes off lucky it got caught in my fender wall tow it there and they say they cant do **** cause i had the 15s on when they did the work and got charged 200 buck to fix it can i do something and yeah this was like 2years ago but i still got my reciepe </TD></TR></TABLE>

I didnt know they made recipes for axles.......mmmmmmmm axle soup........vtec a-la-mode......

Seriously though, if you had an issue with it you should have complained then. Your credit card co wont help you, BBB wont help you. Unless you can show that what they did was grossly negligent then you have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO recourse. Not to be confused with intercourse, which you could trade for a new axle at your nearest shop