Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Coolant leaking into driver and passenger comparment

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon4 Coolant leaking into driver and passenger comparment

Hey what sup fellow HT members!

FYI. I am aware it might be a potential heater core leakage but before I dig through the whole dash, I just want to make sure of something. Already checked the hoses going into heater and show no signs of leakage.

I have 1993 civic hatchback si with b18c1. I have already located the coolant leak from one of the hoses connecting to the iacv and B-pipe.

My question is, is it possible for coolant to leak down into my compartments from the iacv and B-pipe. I did find a trail of coolant leaking down the undercarriage.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:39 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts
Default Re: Coolant leaking into driver and passenger comparment

Originally Posted by jdmfoglights
Hey what sup fellow HT members!

FYI. I am aware it might be a potential heater core leakage but before I dig through the whole dash, I just want to make sure of something. Already checked the hoses going into heater and show no signs of leakage.

I have 1993 civic hatchback si with b18c1. I have already located the coolant leak from one of the hoses connecting to the iacv and B-pipe.

My question is, is it possible for coolant to leak down into my compartments from the iacv and B-pipe. I did find a trail of coolant leaking down the undercarriage.
You probably have multiple leaks. Best start with one and go from there. You have multiple lines that have coolant in them and not just one. If you've never replaced those lines before it be best you do it now.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tony_2018
You probably have multiple leaks. Best start with one and go from there. You have multiple lines that have coolant in them and not just one. If you've never replaced those lines before it be best you do it now.
@tony_2018
I was afraid someone was going to say this lol.

In that case, is it possible for these leaks to go into the compartments?
Old 10-22-2017, 02:16 PM
Hysterically Calm

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

Do you have coolant stains on your firewall?

The only coolant lines I know that enter the cab is the heater core, of which all the rubber is on the outside, beyond that, there really isn't any other lines that would get coolant inside the car.

If the firewall was getting doused then maybe you could get a little seepage inside but your engine would have overheated long ago and you would have lots of coolant residue over the firewall.

You can easily look behind your center console at the bottom of the heater core/flapper box and tell if you have coolant coming out the bottom of the box. This will verify a bad core. The best view is from the passenger foot well.