Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Conversion on a DEL SOL??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conversion on a DEL SOL??

I was just wondering if converting a ITR front to a del sol..
what would i have to do and is it too much work for it to be done?

GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACKS??
Old 04-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Conversion on a DEL SOL??

just no. leave the itr front on the teg where it belongs.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wat
Old 04-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

please dont.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its your car... do what you want...
but to help you out. you would need the core support. half of the teg fenders, and sol... they both need to be welded to gether..and the bumper hood, and stuff of that nature..
no different from a 99 civic front conversion.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Colonel Cake Mix

not this again...

do some searching... there was a thread a while back about this w/ del sols and eg hatchs if i recall correctly.

but then again dont do it
Old 04-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wouldnt Suggest it, but its your car itll work and you like it then do it.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you plan on doing this, either A) rent a mustang and drive it off a cliff or B) take your ITR del slow and drive it off a cliff.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 96EJ6LX
If you plan on doing this, either A) rent a mustang and drive it off a cliff or B) take your ITR del slow and drive it off a cliff.
You sir, are an idiot.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How am I the idiot?
Old 04-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what you need is a welder measuring tape and a pencil to measure and to weld the fender together.. but the parts you need are the radiator support, fenders from the itr the front bumper the headlights and you gotta see if the hood from the itr fit but i doubt it would so that means you need a grinder to grind it down to retrofit... your gonna have to take off the radiator then remount it most likely to make it fit the radiator support... its possible yes but it takes time i say 2 hours at the most to take everything in the front off and then a few hours to line things up so just to give you an estimate it will take you about 10 hours since your not really sure of what your doing... and have a friend help you because its not a 1 person job oh and your gonna have to rewire the headlights to make it fit to the del slowest wiring harness
Old 04-19-2010, 01:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 96EJ6LX
How am I the idiot?
Because its his f*cking car and he can do what he wants...You aren't going to drive it, you don't even have to look at it...Why even interject with your bullshit comments? I hate H-T for this crap. Buddy comes on here looking for relevant information and just gets flamed. I guess what we all should have posted was "buy a carbon fiber lip"? This forum is the same **** on every ride.

This guy tries to find some info on doing something different and you tell him to drive one of two cars off a cliff?

^^^This is precisely why you are an idiot.^^^
Old 04-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

because they are weird.... i bet if i told everyone hey i took off the side molding from my hatchback and had it filled in and the molding on the roof too they would get mad and say but the molding is what makes the car.....

i did take off the molding and had it smoothed out.... people at the hang outs were either cool about it because it brought out more style or they would say but the molding it what makes the car!!!....
Old 04-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whoa..guys..i was just asking for some opinions..haha ..driving off cliffs??? but thanks beckerton...

yea its true that it may seem like a crazy idea but have anyone seen a del sol with itr front??

i have only seen one..and i loved it.. if putting in on is so weird and crazy ..then why do sol with a civic front....i think that's is the ugliest thing ever..but ppl have different taste in cars..

but i think that 96EJ6LX is a just hill billy American muscle type deal..lol..jk bro..ppl have different style ..
but i you bet that if i was to do it..ppl be like dammmnnnnnn.. you know what i mean..hahah..
but guy no negative thoughts...if so bring it else where..
thanks for some of the thoughts..

keep it coming..
Old 04-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i know how it is when the front end conversion comes in... i want to do a 2000ek conversion on my eg civic hatch but its just to much work which i dont mind since i like to work on my hatch and money isnt flowing like before so im not gonna do the conversion anymore and ima sell the hatch =( sad thing is ive been working on the project for almost 2 years and its only seen the streets about 8 times
Old 04-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So you did say give you feedback. Feedback to me is what I think.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

point blank its your car do it if you like it, as for the front end swap it is of course capable of being done, with some of the comments i seen on this thread i thought we were on super-honda.com my god the guy asked for info not what some of you people think looks good. i believe like any front end conversion you need radiator core support, front bumper,fenders, hood and lights
Old 04-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check the paint and body section....i think the thread is floating around in there somewhere. I dosent look to bad on eg hatches. Ill say this it will def. be a dif. del sol. As ppl have said you need to put the fender i think mid wheel well on the teg and del sol fender then get them welded together and finished off. Then the core support is easy to do. spot welds then the rest of the body panels.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did a EG conversion on my sol.

Cut the del sol fenders in half and weld the ITR fenders. A good Body shop can do it, no problem.

Take the del sol radiator support off and align the ITR on. Basic plug and play from there.

My del sol looked really good for what it was. I thought about the ITR front but its to square. I was going to go with the EK front, but I hate the big lights. And for some reason the eg front went with the car really good.

F@#$ these ******** who is knockin you. If its coming out of your pocket, forget what they think.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for real yo its your car and your money... you can paint the car pink for all we care even tho its abit ghey to see a guy drive a pink car lol but its your style your money and your car so put w'e you want on it... you can even put a lambo front end just because you like it which to think about it i think that would look raw but the bumper alone is probably in the high hundreds lol call body shops and see how much they would charge you to weld to fenders together... the fenders you wouldn't be able to do yourself unless you know how to weld and have a welder.. everything else you can do yourself
Old 04-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by soLaLive
whoa..guys..i was just asking for some opinions..haha ..driving off cliffs??? but thanks beckerton...

yea its true that it may seem like a crazy idea but have anyone seen a del sol with itr front??

i have only seen one..and i loved it.. if putting in on is so weird and crazy ..then why do sol with a civic front....i think that's is the ugliest thing ever..but ppl have different taste in cars..

but i think that 96EJ6LX is a just hill billy American muscle type deal..lol..jk bro..ppl have different style ..
but i you bet that if i was to do it..ppl be like dammmnnnnnn.. you know what i mean..hahah..
but guy no negative thoughts...if so bring it else where..
thanks for some of the thoughts..

keep it coming..
I seen the ITR front on a EG and a del sol. ITR front ends are sick, but seriously, they are square and the delsol has more of a circle body style. Great Idea, but he got more attenton from mexican paisas then honda lovers.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the thoughts guys... if its about the same work as a dc then i think imma do it but not anytime soon tho...maybe in starting in august or so.. and work on it during the winter time.. since there wont be alot of going out you know..haha..ok thanks ppls