Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

CONFUSED: Integra Brake F/R on EK Hatch, Si Prop Valve and Master Cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CONFUSED: Integra Brake F/R on EK Hatch, Si Prop Valve and Master Cylinder?

Hi guys I'm going to get ready to do Integra front and rear brake conversion on my EK hatch. I've searched and read and still is confused about a few things.

and need to know the CORRECT answer once and for all. this will help others in the future for sure.

1) Is the EK hatch and 99/00 Si Prop Valve the same? if so I won't have to change a thing.

2) I will for sure need to upgrade to the 99/00 Si Master Cylinder to take advantage of the new brake setup?

3) Brake Booster... Will I need to upgrade to the 99/00 Si Brake Booster?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: CONFUSED: Integra Brake F/R on EK Hatch, Si Prop Valve and Master Cylinder? (JLEK)

1) I know the prop valve is the same number but the valving is different, get the ex/si prop valve.

2) you'll need the MC

3) I didn't find anything about needing to swap the brake booster.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: CONFUSED: Integra Brake F/R on EK Hatch, Si Prop Valve and Master Cylinder? (ek forever guy)

Thannks bud... now its just the Brake Booster..... anyone?
Old 06-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: CONFUSED: Integra Brake F/R on EK Hatch, Si Prop Valve and Master Cylinder? (JLEK)

I've done the swap, too. MC, Prop valve and Integra cables. Brakes grab hard as hell even with Civic discs up front still. The only problem I had was custom fitting the brake cables - they were a hair short for some reason. I'd recommend EX cables if you can get them.

Edit: I agree with ek forever. Don't really need the new booster.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CONFUSED: Integra Brake F/R on EK Hatch, Si Prop Valve and Master Cylinder? (hatchling37)

I know for sure the booster is the same one you already got. Look at the sticker on top and the part #'s are the same. I can't remember on the master cylinder. The prop. valve is a must though. On a previous hatch I had, I wrestled the booster out only to find out I was about to put the same exact type back in. Talk about a waste of time...
Old 06-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have this same set-up and you do not need any of these parts but they will make your brakes stop harder, but the set-up w/o them is great though, stops hard as h$ll.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the e-brake cables are a little short but will fit too
Old 06-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: CONFUSED: Integra Brake F/R on EK Hatch, Si Prop Valve and Master Cylinder? (ek99civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek99civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the e-brake cables are a little short but will fit too</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's dangerous to use inappropriate lines.

Don't risk your safety. Get the appropriate lines.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:27 AM

Default Re: CONFUSED: Integra Brake F/R on EK Hatch, Si Prop Valve and Master Cylinder? (uLTrAvTEc757)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uLTrAvTEc757 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know for sure the booster is the same one you already got. Look at the sticker on top and the part #'s are the same. I can't remember on the master cylinder. The prop. valve is a must though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Again different answers has been given... Are the Si and HB EK's prop valve the same? or do we have to get back on the drawing board? Someone please confirm.. I have no idea how to look up parts number. Please help.

Thanks again.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Like I said I have the same set-up on my ek for about 3 months w/ no swapped prop valve or MC
Old 06-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CONFUSED: Integra Brake F/R on EK Hatch, Si Prop Valve and Master Cylinder? (ek99civic)

...or the brake booster. I heard the stock prop valve sends pressure to the back first because drums use more pressure, but the si's sends the pressure up front first.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) Get the si prop valve. The ex / dx / lx are the same. The Si model proportioned the fluid to the rear ALL the time, while the other models only did it when the pedal was pressed. Its not needed, but if used, it would cease to diminish the "time" it would take for the fluid to reach the rear brakes. This time however is debatable in how much a difference is actually made.

2) If your upgrading the master cylinder, Id go with the integra 1". Its better than the 7/8" si one.

3) The brake booster is the same, don't bother.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: (sk8shorty012)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sk8shorty012 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1) Get the si prop valve. The ex / dx / lx are the same. The Si model proportioned the fluid to the rear ALL the time, while the other models only did it when the pedal was pressed. Its not needed, but if used, it would cease to diminish the "time" it would take for the fluid to reach the rear brakes. This time however is debatable in how much a difference is actually made.

2) If your upgrading the master cylinder, Id go with the integra 1". Its better than the 7/8" si one.

3) The brake booster is the same, don't bother.</TD></TR></TABLE>

does the integra 1" m/c bolt directly up without messing with the steel lines? which integra has the 1"?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JLEK)

get the proportioning valve from a 99-00 civic si or 94-01 integra any model...the honda sport disc brakes...(something I like to call it by)...are used on all four disc setup of 92-00 civic and 94-01 integras...these chassis have parts that can interchange...

for brake master cylinder...ex/si are the same of 7/8" the dx, lx, and hx are 13/16". non-abs integras and ex/si uses 7/8". The abs models uses 1". Type Rs uses 15/16".
Old 06-25-2007, 08:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JLEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

does the integra 1" m/c bolt directly up without messing with the steel lines? which integra has the 1"?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-26-2007, 09:41 AM

does the integra 1" m/c bolt directly up without messing with the steel lines? which integra has the 1"?

nobody knows?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good info i was thinkin bout puttin integra brakes on my sedan
Old 06-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JLEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does the integra 1" m/c bolt directly up without messing with the steel lines? which integra has the 1"?

nobody knows?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I beleive 98 and up integra's have 1" MC. Someone correct me if im wrong.

Modified by ekay. jay at 2:52 PM 6/26/2007
Old 06-26-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Re: (ekay. jay)

the question is will the integra prop valve and 1" m/c bolt up directly to an EK hatchback with no mod or reflaring of steel lines.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:50 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Re: (ekay. jay)

Jesus there is a lot of BS flying around in this thread...

- Yes the Hatchback & Si prop valves are the exact same part. They have the same OEM part number, the same valving, and they are interchangeable. Keep your stock hatchback prop valve...

- The integra front brakes have larger pistons than the stock civic front calipers. Therefore you will need to get a larger brake master cylinder to push the higher volume of fluid required by the larger calipers. If your Civic master cylinder looks like the one below, you should be able to swap in the master cylinder from a 98+ Integra and keep your stock brake booster. The integra unit is indeed 1" and look exactly like the one shown below.

If your MC does NOT look like that one, post a picture and I can help you find one that will work...

- Don't forget your going to have to do a complete brake job and probably replace all the rotors on the new suspension. This alone sucks up hundreds of dollars...

- I don't know which cables work for the EK with rear discs. Chances are you just need to find the car with a similar wheel-base for them to bolt up. The trick to getting the cables to work properly is setting the parking brake mechanism properly also:

- block the front tires and jack the rear of the car off the ground
- put the brake-handle down and loosen the brake-handle adjusting nut all the way
- start the car and firmly step on the brake pedal several times
- shut the car off and pull the e-brake handle up 1 click
- tighten the brake-handle adjusting nut until rear brakes start to drag
- done
Old 06-26-2007, 11:56 AM
#1 Super Guy

Default Re: (94eg!)

And for all you retards out there: An integra prop valve doesn't even fit inside an EK civic. For one, all 98+ Integras have ABS, so the prop valve only has 4 ports (NON ABS EK has 6 ports). And B, the earlier NON ABS integras have an cylindrical EG/EF style prop valve. Not the flat one like the EK and 98+ Integras...

for bad information that confuses people!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: (94eg!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94eg! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And for all you retards out there: An integra prop valve doesn't even fit inside an EK civic. For one, all 98+ Integras have ABS, so the prop valve only has 4 ports (NON ABS EK has 6 ports). And B, the earlier NON ABS integras have an cylindrical EG/EF style prop valve. Not the flat one like the EK and 98+ Integras...

for bad information that confuses people!</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you so much for helping ... i almost ordered the integra prop valve. good thing now we know that both the hatch and si is the same part number.

ill take a look at my m/c and take picture night to share.

thanks again 94eg!
Old 06-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JLEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1) Is the EK hatch and 99/00 Si Prop Valve the same? if so I won't have to change a thing.

2) I will for sure need to upgrade to the 99/00 Si Master Cylinder to take advantage of the new brake setup?

3) Brake Booster... Will I need to upgrade to the 99/00 Si Brake Booster?</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. Yes, the DX hatch and the Si share the same prop valve.

2. You don't have to but you will feel a difference with the Si MC.

3. No, the Si and DX brake booster is the same size.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:27 PM
#1 Super Guy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JLEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thank you so much for helping ... i almost ordered the integra prop valve. good thing now we know that both the hatch and si is the same part number.

ill take a look at my m/c and take picture night to share.

thanks again 94eg! </TD></TR></TABLE>

For future reference, you can always check & crossreference OEM part numbers at places like SLHonaParts.com & AcuraOEMParts.com. They can be a little tough to navigate at first, but you get the hang of it really quickly. This is how I learned what parts are shared between what cars...
Old 12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Trial User

Default Re: CONFUSED: Integra Brake F/R on EK Hatch, Si Prop Valve and Master Cylinder?

si e brake cables willl work for the integra rear set up

Quick Reply: CONFUSED: Integra Brake F/R on EK Hatch, Si Prop Valve and Master Cylinder?