Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

completley StUMPED. any one in md,, pa or wv wanna help. my car wont start ill pay 50 cash

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default completley StUMPED. any one in md,, pa or wv wanna help. my car wont start ill pay 50 cash

I GOT IT FINALLY STARTED! needed a new dizzy, and it started right up i got my timing right and its running better than ever. Thanks guys for all the help.

the person i bought this freaking car from is an idiot. i bought it knowing it needed a head gasket i got the gasket and i got it on but now my car wont start . ill pay anyone in or around the hagerstown maryland area to come fix my car ill pay anyone 50 bucks i need this car fixed today please help. call me on my cell at 304 820 9764 i use to live in wv hence the number. im in hagerstown now. i got tools i got most parts i need help and by the way its a 94 eg with a d15b2 motor. lmk please and thanks

Modified by singlesecondEF at 9:46 PM 10/16/2008
Old 10-12-2008, 09:51 AM

Default Re: completley StUMPED. any one in md,, pa or wv wanna help. my car wont start ill pay 50 cash (sing

Anyone? feel free to call me i need help asap.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:07 AM
B.
400 HP Club

Default Re: completley StUMPED. any one in md,, pa or wv wanna help. my car wont start ill pay 50 cash (sing

it wont start, like crank or it cranks and nothing happens.. need more info bro..
Old 10-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if u did the hg.
more than likely your timing is whats the culprit.
but yeas definately need mroe info.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:26 AM

Default Re: (SoHc94)

b.- its cranks over and over untill the battery dies but wont start.

sohc94- i did the head gasket and i thought adjusted the timing belt right but i cant see the notch in the crank so i cant really adjust it exactlly right.

the motor is a d15b2 with obd0 and obd1 **** all around it the moron who owned it has an obdo pully, alternator on it. obd1 dizzy. it ran before i messed with it but idk now lol. help me out guys ill give u any info u need? iam an idiot.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do the timing.
you have to have it right or it will never start.
grab a haynes and set it right.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:52 AM

alright i got the hanyes and i already tried getting the pully off but i dont have power tools. so its kinda hard. i broke a ratchet already. thanks for getting me on the right track.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:58 AM

thursday im off work anyone wanna help me with this. im having timing problems and cant get it figured out. along with something with my fuel lines. its like the motor isnt getting any fuel. please help
Old 10-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't mind helping if i lived in you area lol. But I'd have to be right their and check it out myself. its kinda hard trying to tell you online. first things first do you smell gas? if not pull the 17mm fuel line off and turn your key if you got fuel move on to spark pull a spark plug wire off and ground it to the chasis and crank da motor over and see if you are getting any spark.

and if your timing is off then you should notice big time. it will sound funny when trying to crank the motor. remember how it sounded before you did the gasket? does it sound like that or diffrent? if it sounds diffrent than its deffinly timing is off. if it sounds the same and is getting spark spray some starting fluid into the intake and try starting it. if it starts then dies then check the fuel pump and fuses. Good luck man!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:31 PM

thanks guys. from what i heard today i think i should beable to get it running. someone told me if i was to take the spark plug out of the hole closest to the timing belt and put a long dowl rod in there and crank the motor by hand untill the piston is at the top of the block and than get the cam gear alinged right and than put the belt back on. would that be correct timing? lmk thanks guys
Old 10-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

umm.. yea thats cylinder 1 i think.
seriously. u have no business doing timing without a book. chilton or haynes.
15 bucks. go get one.
Bad timing is worse than not running. because you get to pull the head and get all new [freak]ing valves. lol
so make sure its timed right.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:54 PM

i have the book but it tells me nothing but to aline the damn things up. i cant get my pulley off so its no help..... i probably already bent the [freak]ing valves because i tried adjusting the timing belt like 3 different spots.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where at in hagerstown u live. how old are you. is the car in a garage to work on and the garage not cluttered full of ****. dont wanna be a dick but if im gonna offer to show up at a random persons house to help fix a car i need some info to make me feel comfortable.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

make sure your cam is on tdc there is two marks/arrows that points to the edge of the head. line that up.

now take your pulley off and make sure th earrow on the block points to the notch on the pully once both cam and pulley is lined up put the belt on. Crank the motor over several times and see if all the notches/ arrows are still in the same spot if so tighten the tensioner.

reinstall everything. Loosen your dizzy put the timing gun on the spark plug 1 wire. turn on your car and adjust the dizzy till the light flashes and you see the 3 arrows pointing down at the 3 marks and its in the middle.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:01 PM

Default Re: (postman)

its outside rite now. i have all the tools needed except maybe a cordless impact gun. and a few parts i may need. but yea its in an okay area to work on. my garage is too far away from my house and i dont have locks on the garage rite now so i have kep my stuff at my house.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:03 PM

Default Re: (singlesecondEF)

i cant get my pully off with hand tools. im 19 y.o. i know a good bit about b series motors this is my first d series **** ive [freak]ed with. and thanks again for the info on the plugs
Old 10-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you dont get it fixed could maybe help this weekend. im only 10 min. from hagerstown. ill check back by then to see if you fig. out or not
Old 10-14-2008, 06:21 PM

Default Re: (postman)

im off thursday ill try it than and see what happenes thanks guys for everything.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by singlesecondEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i cant get my pully off with hand tools. im 19 y.o. i know a good bit about b series motors this is my first d series **** ive [freak]ed with. and thanks again for the info on the plugs</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have taken most of my crank pulleys by hand. Use a big pipe wrench if need be.

first time i took it off with a 6 feet cheater bar.

anyway...you dont need that many tools on a honda. I have swapped motors in the middle of my parking lot.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:54 PM

Default Re: (The Lobster)

how can i keep the motor from cranking wile i take the pully off ***.... lol u didnt help me with any of that im not here to listen to the smartass post.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Lobster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

is that safe? no jack stands?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:37 PM

Default Re: (Spool This)

lol. look close the jack stand is holding up the oh so important motor..... lol im sure a lil bit of oil is not ur worrys. i would be more worried about the car. and the jacks than a motor
Old 10-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lmao!!!! i love it!!!! thanx for the laugh!!!!! at least he used his jack stand!!!!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Lobster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have taken most of my crank pulleys by hand. Use a big pipe wrench if need be.

first time i took it off with a 6 feet cheater bar.

anyway...you dont need that many tools on a honda. I have swapped motors in the middle of my parking lot.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by singlesecondEF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol. look close the jack stand is holding up the oh so important motor..... lol im sure a lil bit of oil is not ur worrys. i would be more worried about the car. and the jacks than a motor</TD></TR></TABLE>

first off i did help. the jack stand is holding hte motor up because i was torquing down the flywheel and mating the transmission. The motor is worth more then my car...so yes it is important and no it doesnt have a single bit of oil in it. that picture is of the other motor already slid out.

second i just jacked the car up so i could slide the motor under the car and up so i could bolt the motor in after the trans mating. I put the head on last makes things alot easier. I have other jack stands not in the picture.

third i said get a pipe wrench clamp onto the crank pulley have it against the ground use a cheater bar on your 1/2 inch wrench and go to work works every time for me. Sometimes air tools dont even work so i would say the pipe wrench trick worked every time for me.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OP, did you get it started yet ?

Quick Reply: completley StUMPED. any one in md,, pa or wv wanna help. my car wont start ill pay 50 cash