Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Complete DIY Plug and Play OBD2 Civic Resistor Box Write-up EJ6 EJ7 EJ8 EM1 EG1 EG2 EH6

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Complete DIY Plug and Play OBD2 Civic Resistor Box Write-up EJ6 EJ7 EJ8 EM1 EG1 E

nice writeup man did thos today. BTW if anyone is having trouble finding a 14p connector i got mine out of an accord(the same one i stole the resistor boxfrom) at the junk yard today. But thanks again man for this write up
Old 09-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Complete DIY Plug and Play OBD2 Civic Resistor Box Write-up EJ6 EJ7 EJ8 EM1 EG1 E

In having trouble finding this 14p connector. A reference photo well be nice. And some cars to get it from
Old 01-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i pulled mine out of a OBD 1 car actually they have both male and female forms of this plug on a couple different models. civics, accords maybe preludes i don't know i actually found mine on a UK version Civic. visit the junk yard with your wire snips and find you a male plug!

Did this for my Y8 that i am supercharging. Verified the connection with the yellow with black striped wires on all four of my injectors. then soldered it in. Too easy !! didn't put it in wire loom yet but you get the idea.

Made a bracket for it to fit on the drivers side shock tower with a piece of alum. angle and some rivets. trimmed it up and repainted it to look nice i thought it turned out just fine. Bolts up to where the cruise control use to be 2 x 10mm factory bolts and it is good to go on and stay and look factory like i would say.
Attached Images    
Old 07-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bumpppp im gonna use this in a few days when my resistor box comes in
Old 10-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OP,
where did you manage to get a male 14P connector. ?
I have spare harnesses, yet they all have female connectors.
Unless you managed to use the dead end clip itself ?
Both my Blue & grey 14p connectors only have 12pins actually being used.
only all my harnesses -.-
so again, what was the original harness being used ?
Writeup itself seems repetitive and although it is the cleanest way to do it, ~ who wants to go buy a second harness just to install the box?
why not leave the "7" ( which is only 6,on my y7,y8,and b16a2 harness as they are ALREADY tied together through the dead end.) snip the other "7" far enough back so re-wire original if needed, and just wire in the box ?
instead of using 2 extra clips, and all this other **** ?
Old 02-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GTHatch
OP,
where did you manage to get a male 14P connector. ?
I have spare harnesses, yet they all have female connectors.
Unless you managed to use the dead end clip itself ?
Both my Blue & grey 14p connectors only have 12pins actually being used.
only all my harnesses -.-
so again, what was the original harness being used ?
Writeup itself seems repetitive and although it is the cleanest way to do it, ~ who wants to go buy a second harness just to install the box?
why not leave the "7" ( which is only 6,on my y7,y8,and b16a2 harness as they are ALREADY tied together through the dead end.) snip the other "7" far enough back so re-wire original if needed, and just wire in the box ?
instead of using 2 extra clips, and all this other **** ?
I know this is a late answer but here you go.makes life easier for everyone needing to do this and if you decide you want to return to stock or go with HI-IMPEDANCE injectors,just unplug.

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=3002503
Old 06-15-2013, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hi, im doibng this conversion and my doubt is about the red resistor box wire to power wire.. i already found 4 injector wires but i dont know since there are some pins missed.

Could be the 2 pins of the top? or the top of the bottom sice? any help will be appreciate it a lot! thanks in advance.

i can't find right now a plugs for make an harness so i will cut and solder dead end plug.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OK my honda motor heads Im having an issue getting my injectors to fire after reinstalling my low ohm injectors. To begin with i had low ohm injectors when i bought this car then i went to a 750cc high ohm injector and when we did that we cut out the resistor box and wired the 5 wires together. So now im switching back to a low ohm 1200cc injector and just simply wired the 5 wires to the resistor box. Am I missing something? I can get them to fire with the 5 wires tied together but not with the resistor box plugged in.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dvjr84
OK my honda motor heads Im having an issue getting my injectors to fire after reinstalling my low ohm injectors. To begin with i had low ohm injectors when i bought this car then i went to a 750cc high ohm injector and when we did that we cut out the resistor box and wired the 5 wires together. So now im switching back to a low ohm 1200cc injector and just simply wired the 5 wires to the resistor box. Am I missing something? I can get them to fire with the 5 wires tied together but not with the resistor box plugged in.
this is the reason why the plug-n-play makes sense.have you checked that the resistor box is good?get a ohm meter and check the ohms on each wire.connect the yellow wire to one end and do the others one at a time.G/L.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi guys, I know somebody asked this already but I don't think anybody reply, can this be made for a 5th generation ODB2 Civic? I keep hearing plug and play, meaning that when using blue tops injectors you will plug the resitor box but when going back to stock injectors you will remove the resistor box correct? I'm just concern since there's some cutting wires involve that looks like the harness won't be or work the same. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:00 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Cutting wires will be from the plug and play harness. The stock harness is left alone.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey to all quick question

I bought a car that is a 00 civic SI

It has a resistor box and aftermarket injectors in it currently.

At the moment the resistor box is wired directly into a male plug that goes into the plug on the harness (the one that's original capped off)

I want to do away with resistor box as I got new injectors Can I simply just find a cap and unplug resistor box and plug the cap back in and go on about my business ?

I'm assuming so. Wish I had the block off cap but I don't.

The original owner of the car didn't have a harness like you guys I guess his resistor box didn't have a plug. Therefor he just found a male plug that goes into the 14p clip and just hardwired to that clip and plugged in