Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

code 92 info!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code 92 info!!

Thought this might help in case someone ever needed it. What i did to cure my 2000 civic si with a 92 code.

search search search people!

Hey I have some useful info I thought you might wanna use just in case someone ever ran across the same problems as I have had.

I have a 2000 Honda Civic Si. My car had died a couple weeks ago and threw a cell code 92. It’s a purge failure of some sort and has to do with emmisions. These cars have ignition timing control which can be a cause of that code as well as a DIRTY fuel filter.

I had put a new coil, wires, plugs and rotor on my car, it wouldn't spark fixed the problem temporarily. 3 days later the same puttering began to occur again after 4G rpms. Well we reviewed everything checked fp reading. I have a B&m fpr and guage. Well when the car did this again we noticed a little less spark. Since all of the components were new, we thought, IGNITOR. Replaced the ignitor and bam, way more spark however the car would still bog and made the noise just not as bad.

This code throws for about 2 major reasons. Not enough fuel and air burn makes the cars emmisions checks throw it.

IT also checks to make sure that the fuel system is optimized and that pressure is stable however as you will notice with a fp guage when the filter is dirty it causes it to drop way low into the 30s at high rpms. That is unsafe and that causes the hiccups. IT won't detonate, but the mixture is horrible. if your guage reads less than 30 i hope you have a spare 7 or 800 for a new b16a2!

What we did was replace the filter, ingitor, air filter, plugs, wires, distributor, rotor and ignition coil. Pretty much a complete tuneup. The car's ecu was reset and the problems no longer occurred. It seems like the car had a bad fuel needs and bad spark. That’s what causes that code to go on.

hope that helps. if anyone ever needs info please email me at Fiaddictedsi@aol.com i would try my best to help

for info on a bad ignitor search for the thread tekken replied on!!
or search, search, search.