Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Clutch pedal pressure...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch pedal pressure...

Ok will just put new ACT stage 3 6 puck clutch/lightened flywheel along with new pressure plate, did this about 5 months ago... Well since i did the rear disc swap i havent gotten the right e-brake cables so i park my car in gear at night... Well this morning when i went to start my car my clutch pedal was all the way on the floor and when i started my car it wouldnt go in gear... Well i got down an by hand pumped the clutch pedal like 10 times all the way forward and all the way back, an i felt the pressure building up slowly, sure enough i pushed in clutch and it went right in gear... I wanna also add, that about a month ago my clutch pedal fell like an extra inch or so an has no play between not being engaged and being engaged, like normally i could push it about an inch and it had not even engaged yet, now it has no play in it whatsoever.. i did replace the cmc and slave about the same time i added the clutch and all that in, but what im thinking is maybe my master cylinder has gone bad already..??? also i bled the lines about a week ago and still have the same situation.... the clutch fluid reservoir is showing clean fluid and has remained full, so if it was leaking wouldnt that drain??? sorry for question here question there im just thinking and typing, thanks in advance...
Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch pedal pressure... (JDM_SOHC)

damn.. i'd maybe try and bleed it again...sounds like air ... your new cmc or slave maybe bad sometimes it happens when buying new parts G/L
Old 04-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch pedal pressure... (Throwdown)

yeah man thats what i was thinking was maybe it was already defective, cuz even after i installed the new parts i still had that play in the pedal, now theres no play at all.. like the bottom 2" is all it feels like i have to engage the clutch, an my 3rd gear grinds sometimes too so im wondering also would an air/pressure issue that cause the clutch pedal to not have 100% pressure make maybe the gear not switch properly, or does it not matter..??
Old 04-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive got the same clutch.

and i bought a new CMC and slave cylinder. (advance)

does yours have a "random engagement point"

like sometimes mine will engage right at the bottom, then other times it will engage near the top of the pedal.

sometimes it has trouble going into gear as well.

it is a pain in the *** to drive (i stall it alot cause i never know where its gonna catch)

where did you get your cmc and slave?
Old 04-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch pedal pressure... (92ehatch)

same place lol... well autozone, but im sure there not much different....
Old 04-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is there a spring or something that holds the pedal out like that?? maybe something at the assembly is whats causing my pedal to do that??
Old 04-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump cuz im still curious... i looked but from what i can see everything seems fine, but maybe im missing where something fell out or whatever...
Old 04-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump cuz i bled lines an still have same pressure...!!! anyone alive out there in HT world...!!?!?
Old 04-29-2007, 08:24 AM
95DxSi-R2

wow autozone, about the cheapest shortest lasting **** out there. sounds like it's bleeding down and not holding psi, most likely mc. only way to tell would be to put a psi gauge in place of the slave. see if it's constant. i know there hard *** hell to bleed, but if it was working fine then took a dump, hard to believe it's air trapped in the sys. when i did my swap the hardest part was bleeding the hydraulic sys. i ended up using a vacuum pump on the slave, worked like a charm.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch pedal pressure... (95DxSi-R2)

haha yeah man tell me about it... a friend of mine used ebay LBJ's that he got for like 10 bucks an over a year later they're still fine so i take it easy when i judge things now an days lol, although autozone is like the devils doorstep when it comes to auto parts "for me at least" lol.. i went through 5 c/v axles there in a year, an thats no auto-x, drifting, ect... just ur regular drivin around town an beatin all the lil meximelts with there corollas haha.. "no offense to any mexicanos haha".. but yeah man someone else mentioned using a vacuum pump maybe ill give it a try... ill try to bleed my clutch one more time but if that doesnt work im just gonna bring the master cylinder back an try a newer one... they DID however come with lifetime warranty, so as long as they keep breaking ima keep replacing lol...
Old 05-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok so an update to this one... i bled the slave cylinder again an my pressure issues still are here.... i noticed though, these problems didnt start until i start parking my car in gear at night... the next morning id go out an notice my pedal would be stuck to the floor and it would be jammed into gear... i'd have to prime the pedal to build up pressure than it would come out of gear.. what does that sound like to anyone who knows clutches/trannys..??
Old 05-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well i finally got the transmission off... my tranny seems like the ISB is good "no shaft play at all", my clutch, pressure plate, an flywheel all are good apparently too.... so whats making my car not wanna go into gear..?? slave and master are new too.!!