Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Clutch Lock saves the Day!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Lock saves the Day!!!

I know you guys are tired of hearing about stupid thieves and cars getting stolen but I know how close our cars are to us. Anyhow, I never thought that my car would get broken into. Yesterday night, I left my car outside of my girlfriend's house to spend the night. When I awoke i was dismayed. Walking out to start the car, i saw that my rear trunk was open. The thought that someone had broken into my car wasn't even on my mind. I had thought i just forgot to close it. But then I suddenly remembered that i never opened my trunk the night before. Frightened, I went to look at the Driver seat. It was a nightmare come true, papers, screws, tools were over everywhere. I rushed in my car to check what had been tampered with. He had taken my Deck(I still have the face plate) and my army knife. My ignition cover had been torn apart, and signs of starting the car were apparent. The only thing that had been the difference between my car being there and the morning and at the junkyard was the autolock i bought a year ago. Dissapointingly, the expletive thieve broke it in half!!! Wat the hell...it wasn't sawed off...but literally broken in half. I thought these things were suppposed to be bulletbroof. I guess the lower half was the only bulletproof part . Fortunately, the designers had made it so tat even though the top piece was broken, the lock would still be engaged. Expletive thieves man...here are some pics of the damage

Old 09-09-2006, 08:19 AM

it still did its job.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at least you still have your car... you're very lucky.

i should get one for each of my pedals
Old 09-09-2006, 08:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (ekcivic9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekcivic9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">at least you still have your car... you're very lucky.

i should get one for each of my pedals </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, now that I know it will stay locked even when it gets broken.

I think you should contact the company that makes it and ask them what the deal is and have them replace it.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:59 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekcivic9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">at least you still have your car... you're very lucky.

i should get one for each of my pedals </TD></TR></TABLE>

Im going out right now to get another one..its quite expensive but definitely worth every cent.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Clutch Lock saves the Day!!! (sohc_coupe24)

good luck for you and props to the autolock

I use mine WITH my QR/Lock
Old 09-09-2006, 09:03 AM

&lt;=- Looking into buying one!
Old 09-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is an autolock, that like a steering wheel club or something, I've enver seen something like that before..
Old 09-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dam, thats bad ***. My friend always had his on his crx now I want to get one for my teggy too.

All I have is the wheel lock...

; (
Old 09-09-2006, 09:15 AM

Default Re: (Wendys or Bust)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wendys or Bust &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dam, thats bad ***. My friend always had his on his crx now I want to get one for my teggy too.

All I have is the wheel lock...

; (</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should really invest in one. This saved my car, those thieves bypassed my alarm system.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is an autolock, that like a steering wheel club or something, I've enver seen something like that before..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its a security device which locks onto your brake or clutch. Most use it on the clutch due to the fact that a crook can still use the e-brake if he ever got the car running.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Orangedragone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good luck for you and props to the autolock

I use mine WITH my QR/Lock </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks...i was lucky this time
Old 09-09-2006, 09:15 AM

that goes around a pedal and stops its usage - very very good tool - clubs and stuff can be worked around if u cut the steering wheel, sure you can cut off a pedal, but then you just ruined the whole stealing experience for yourself too!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Boba Connoisseur

Default Re: (axtran)

"unbrakeable" so you can't stop it? brake it?... what?

because it is obviously "breakable"
Old 09-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SkyeC)

no they're definitely breakable. the thief that stole your car seems to have just been inept of breaking it. like any theft deterrent it is not fool proof. you need to layer security so it take s the thief to long to get through all the layers.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:34 PM

Default Re: (SkyeC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkyeC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"unbrakeable" so you can't stop it? brake it?... what?

because it is obviously "breakable"</TD></TR></TABLE>
Took the words right outa my mouth.
Still, I'd call them and offer a trade. Lots of companies who proclaim how strong their products are will swap stuff thats been put through the ringer. I know Panasonic replaced Toughbook laptops that got shot in Iraq. They use them for advertising...

Same for my old downhill crankset (mountain bike). Truvativ traded me my cranks with my pedal's threaded section snapped off in them for a new set. They got to say "our crank is stronger than some of the best pedals out there, here's proof" They did the same thing when I had to cut the bottom bracket out with a grinder when the bolt seized.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:50 PM

Default Re: (lone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no they're definitely breakable. the thief that stole your car seems to have just been inept of breaking it. like any theft deterrent it is not fool proof. you need to layer security so it take s the thief to long to get through all the layers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess we can blame false advertising for that. However, i do understand that any theft deterrent isn't fool proof. Its just a means of buying more time. I'll try to contact the company for an exchange
Old 09-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sohc_coupe24)

actually the autolock is verry verry easy to break with a 10$ tool which will remain nameless but its KEY in good layered security but i still dont understand how it stayed locked....i must be confused as to where the pedal goes
Old 09-10-2006, 07:55 PM

Default Re: (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sleepy_Red_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually the autolock is verry verry easy to break with a 10$ tool which will remain nameless but its KEY in good layered security but i still dont understand how it stayed locked....i must be confused as to where the pedal goes</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow..a ten dollar tool you say...? i must get in on this info ...As for the lock, it stayed locked because of a little lever located inside the key area. I think it works just they way a conventional handcuff lock does...goes in one way only...
Old 09-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Damn, that's harsh man. Atleast you still have your car. Also, did you atleast get some action from your girlfriend?
Old 09-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lucky man
Old 09-10-2006, 08:08 PM

Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn, that's harsh man. Atleast you still have your car. Also, did you atleast get some action from your girlfriend?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am very grateful that i still have my car, I guess i got off easy this time. Ha..as for my girlfriend..that information will be best left unsaid...
Old 09-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc_coupe24 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I am very grateful that i still have my car, I guess i got off easy this time. Ha..as for my girlfriend..that information will be best left unsaid... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, atleast the night wasn't a complete bust than!
Old 09-10-2006, 08:12 PM

Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, atleast the night wasn't a complete bust than! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 09-10-2006, 08:31 PM

did you call the cops and get the car dusted for prints?

try and catch one of these punkasses
Old 09-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that's cool...if there wasn't like a theft rate of 20 cars / year in this area combined with a campus rate of 2 cars a year (on a campus of 20k students) I'd probably invest in something like that, seems bad ***. Though, you know how the old saying goes: "If a thief wants your Honda bad enough - he's going to get it...just depends on the caliber of thief."

Old 09-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i remember when i firat bought mine they were like $25

now i can find them for less than $40, and i need another one

Quick Reply: Clutch Lock saves the Day!!!