Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

clutch kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch kit

Was up! I'm new to this site and I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I got a 00 ek that I'm ready to build and I'm thinking on doing an ls swap. For now is just going to be mildly modified, the usual, air intake, lowered, headers and exhaust and maybe cam gears, I have some laying around. My ? is, what stage of performance clutch should I get for my swap is going to be daily driven? Help would be appreciated, thanks!!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: clutch kit (itotech)

ACT street/strip would be fine, in my opinion.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch kit (my_slow_civic)

Is that going to have a ruff pedal feel. I been in my brothers del sol and it feels like s**t for a daily driven.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Will you make something up for me please?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itotech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is that going to have a ruff pedal feel. I been in my brothers del sol and it feels like s**t for a daily driven.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I also agree with the above poster. I've had great experiences with ACT. They support pretty much any power level you can throw at it.

What do you mean by a "rough pedal feel?" Do you mean it's hard to depress the clutch? That has to do with the pressure plate. The more aggressive it is, and the more torque it can hold, the harder it will be to engage/depress.

What type of pressure plate does your brother's Del Sol have? I've used the ACT Heavy Duty one and it's only slightly harder than stock. It also is able to hold quite a bit of power. I was using it upwards of 400whp (with a 4 puck disc).

The Extreme pressure plate is harder to press, and ACT also has another one that's even more aggressive.

ACT quality =
ACT price =
Old 11-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch kit (shamoo)

thanks for clearing that up. I don't know which pressure plate he got i'll have to ask him. I guess I got to do more homework and decide on what to get, but I leaning towards act, other people told me great things about it also. Thanks for your help guys.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:02 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itotech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for clearing that up. I don't know which pressure plate he got i'll have to ask him. I guess I got to do more homework and decide on what to get, but I leaning towards act, other people told me great things about it also. Thanks for your help guys.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No problem. I highly recommend ACT. Take a look at their site to see what's available. Then browse the sponsors here, as they will give you a good deal. Many times, HT members will get an additional discount.

FYI: You don't want to categorize clutches in "stages." Don't say, "I want to get a Stage 3 clutch." Every manufacturer uses different ways of categorizing their clutches. A Stage 2 from one manufacturer might be equal in performance ability to a Stage 4 from another. You want to specify exactly which pressure plate and which clutch disc you are talking about.

Example: DON'T say, "I want to get a Stage 2 ACT clutch." DO say, "I want to get an ACT Heavy Duty pressure plate and a 6 puck clutch disc."
Old 11-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch kit (shamoo)

ok, thank for the info.