Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Clutch bleeding problems searched and to no avail! PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch bleeding problems searched and to no avail! PLEASE HELP!

I have had my car sitting for 6 days now! I have a 99 Civic EX b16a2

Everythign is done but I cant get the clutch to bleed properly. I ahve done it many different ways, but for some reason, it wont ever come up by itself. Slave is good, Master is good, but I am not able to bleed it. I ahve tried the 2 person thing, I also ran a hose from the bleeder to the master cylinder, no luck.... I need advice pelase help. I cant work without my car!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Clutch bleeding problems searched and to no avail! PLEASE HELP! (Christian_D)

What exactly do you mean the clutch pedal dont come up?

This is how I bled mines when i swapped my motor. pump the clutch pedal 6-8 times then while you or someone is holding the pedal down have someone loosen the bleeder nut, then have him tighten the bleeder nut up. After he tightens it you may need to use your hand to bring up the clutch pedal and pump it again 6-8 times, then hold it down while someone loosen the bleeder nut. Again after he tightens the bleeder nut up use your hand to bring up the clutch pedal and pump again. Keep bleeding until the clutch pedal feels stiffer. For my last bleeding i did 10 pumps, held the clucth pedal down loosen the bleeding nut tighten it up, and used my hand to bring up the clutch pedal. Then i tested it by pumping and it felt fine.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Clutch bleeding problems searched and to no avail! PLEASE HELP! (gsr96cx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr96cx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What exactly do you mean the clutch pedal dont come up?

This is how I bled mines when i swapped my motor. pump the clutch pedal 6-8 times then while you or someone is holding the pedal down have someone loosen the bleeder nut, then have him tighten the bleeder nut up. After he tightens it you may need to use your hand to bring up the clutch pedal and pump it again 6-8 times, then hold it down while someone loosen the bleeder nut. Again after he tightens the bleeder nut up use your hand to bring up the clutch pedal and pump again. Keep bleeding until the clutch pedal feels stiffer. For my last bleeding i did 10 pumps, held the clucth pedal down loosen the bleeding nut tighten it up, and used my hand to bring up the clutch pedal. Then i tested it by pumping and it felt fine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

make sure you using DOT 3 brake/clutch fluid.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Re: Clutch bleeding problems searched and to no avail! PLEASE HELP! (Christian_D)

just did mine the other day..

you only have to give it a pump or two then hold it (it's a very small amount of fluid, and not much to pressureize). i used some clear hose from the Home Depot so i could see the bubbles come out in the fluid. the hose is real cheap, if you aren't using clear you just won't know when you're done!

...so that's the idea though to get it right, you need to have a buddy in the car pump and hold, then you crack the bleeder loose for a moment and watch for bubbles in the clear hose on the bleeder. it's best to shut the bleeder before you buddy's foot get's all the way to the floor. just repeat until you see no bubbles and your friend tells you the pedal feels pretty good.

don't forget to keep the resevior full

hope this helps!