Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

civic wont start? what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic wont start? what do you think?

95 honda civic hb cx with 95 gsr full main harness, motor harness, both fuse boxes, dash harness, and cluster. 93 b18a1 obd1. power to destributer, no spark. im about to change cap and rotor and maybe coil. am i missing something?
Old 06-08-2006, 12:20 PM

Default Re: civic wont start? what do you think? (sled)

is this right after the swap? Does it crank? Does it get gas? more info
Old 06-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ like the guy above said... or it could be no power, bad starter, bad dizzy, bad ignition,etc...
Old 06-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: (Del Sol SiR)

Does the fuel pump prime? What happens when you try to start it? We need more information.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

sorry i was at work slacking... fuel primed. i get gas. it turns over and cranked once and shut off. then the next day it did it again. then started going threw the motions of checking for spark. no spark comming from new wires and the plug with 2 wires has power. im going to replace coil, cap, and rotor today.... hope thats it....
Old 06-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sled)

What dizzy are you using?
Old 06-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PRcivicHB)

stock 93 ls diz and stock 93 ls ecu.... i forget code. both obd1
Old 06-11-2006, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i put in cap, rotor, and a new coil and it still didnt start. then i was messing around and primmed the fuel pump again and it fired up and died again. so i did it again and it did the same thing. called a buddy and they think its the 93 injectors with no resistor box so i was going to go buy another 95 ls injector so i would have a total of 4 that i know i can run without a resistor box ( i have 4 95 ls injectors laying around from a friends car but one is cracked.) then i got into it one more time and smelled gas.... that means gas leak. so i looked around and i have a leak near the gas tank. im going to check today but im thinking that having the leak is what is making it start up and then shut off. hope thats it. i dont want to buy another injector...lol
Old 06-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok i fixed the gas leak. my friend says its the 93 ls injectors, that i need a resistor box. so im going to try to put in newer set of injectors out of i 95 ls. hope that does the trick.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You could just wire in some resistors from radio shack...

Search DSM injector install and you will see what Im talking about.... its probally cheaper...
Old 06-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

see honestly i would like to run it without a resistor pack. newer models dont need one. i have 4 95 ls injectors but i need to but one new one. i believe you dont have to run a resistor pack with those injectors. my only ??? will be now will i have to get a newer ecu. ill find out tonight.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=195834&page=1

half way down the page where he talks about using radio shack resistors...
Old 06-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol thanks man especially since you are one of the only people replying but like i said i really dont want to run a resistor pack. or resitors. i know on the newer models you dont need them so i dont want to run any for a cleaner look. i talked to a friend today and he said i might as well run the newer injectors since i already hve them but he doesnt think thats the problem. he said he thinks its either a bad ecu or a bad main relay. told me to hold the relay and i should feel it click twice when i turn the key on. also he said i can plug back in my stock CX ecu p05? and see if its a bad ecu. he said it should start but will run like crap if its the ecu.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your friend might be right... If you already have the obd1 LS injector just plug them up, if not get some off a single cam or a friends car, almost all obd1 D and B series injectors are the same size (almost).... if it still doesnt start switch the main relay for a friends, again it could be off any civic or integra as long as its OBD1... if that doesnt work switch the ECU... if that doesnt work recheck everything, your grounds, fuses, dizzy (replace it for a known good one off a friends car)... Basically grab a friend with a similar setup that runs and swap parts till you find what it is... Dont forget to buy your friend a 12 pack of Coronas for his time... good luck bro.....
Old 06-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok im totally lost........ so im wondering if i should make another post. 95 honda civic cx. replaced main harness with a 95 GSR harness (old harness was hacked beyond use), also have 95 gsr motor harness, dash harness, and both fuse boxes. motor in the car is a 93 b18a1 obd1 with same ECU (still havent looked at code).

problem: prime fuel lines, turns over fine but starts intermitantly then dies. sometimes will do it over and over. sometimes does it once. sometimes wont even start. getting fuel to injectors. i replaced plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, and coil. gets power to the ecu. origonal main relay plug was cut off main harness so i took civic main relay plug, matched correct wires and soldered. i also replaced older 93 injectors with 95 injectors because i was told that with the 93 injectors i would need a resistor box and didnt want to so i put in the 95 that dont require them. motor, tranny, and harness grounds are connected. im lost car wont start i just want to shoot it. i know its hard to tell without looking at it but any ideas? someone said check firing order so i still need to do that but the motor hasnt been tampered with since pulled out of donor car and i matched plug wires while swapping caps.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:00 PM
95DxSi-R2

take your old d distributor, take the ignition control module out and put it in the b dizzy. somebody tell me if it will fit. happend to me when i got my b16, used a test light and found that the icm was not grounding to pull the primary voltage
Old 06-13-2006, 06:11 PM

It sounds like an ECU issue, or the dizzy. You say it is getting fuel, no spark, power to dizzy. The dizzy is not performing or the ECU is not telling it to perform. Try new ecu................................
Old 06-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (C-bYE)

in the dizzy i replaces the coil, cap, and rotor. so it could be one of the other things inside? thats sucks ill have to see if i can find another dizzy. ecu..... i plugged both my stock cx ecu p05 and the obd1 ls ecu.... both do the same thing.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (justchilling)

??? im running a wolbro 255 with stock pressure regulator and stock 95 ls injectors. i dont have a guage on the system so i guess i need to invest.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

could it be the map sencor or the tps?
Old 06-14-2006, 04:44 PM
95DxSi-R2

CHECK THE ICM!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe you don't have a ground connected to the engine? easy to miss it after a swap.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (freezerburnv2)

icm? ignition cotrol module. isnt that the main relay? its good. clicks twice. and grounds..... 3 connected under the hood, harness ground, trany ground, and motor ground. all connected.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:58 PM

i'm having similar problems with my B18Cblock/B16head combo...we've replaced the coil with an MSD Blaster...and all new everything in the dizzy except the ICM...dumbass ?? but where is the ICM located? in the dizzy housing or under dash?
Old 06-14-2006, 08:28 PM
95DxSi-R2

Default Re: (evil em1)

it's in the dizzy under the rotor, has 4 wires, the way to check it is hook the test light to ground, ignition in run check blk/yel. switch the test light to power, test wht/blu (vtec) or blue (non-vtec). hvae somebody crank the engine and the light should blink. if it does the icm is good, if not either the icm is bad or the tdc, cam,crank sensor is bad
or wiring

Quick Reply: civic wont start? what do you think?