Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Civic Trailing Arm on Del Sol??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic Trailing Arm on Del Sol??

ive tried to do some research but i cant find anything... my question is will a civic back trailing arm fit on a 93 del sol s?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Civic Trailing Arm on Del Sol??

Yes it will...I am guessing that the e brake cables are shorter, so if you are attempting a rear disc swap, you might night different cables. Good luck!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

92-00 Civics & 93-97 Del Sols share common rear suspension layouts with most parts being interchangeable with occasional compatibility issues. (swaybar differences, disc vs. drum, ABS, etc)

If you're trying for a drum to disc conversion the parking brake cables will need to be changed as was already mentioned (the connector at the end of the cable is different, possibly length too), if you're going from drum to drum then there should be no issues provided the hub assemblies on the trailing arm are the same (if not you should be able to0 transfer parts over from your old arm).

The FAQ doesn't explicitly say which drum trailing arms are interchangeable, it just covers disc trailing arms. I believe a donor vehicle with the same size hub will work (provided you have the ability to flip over rear brake hardware from your trailing arm / hub assembly vehicle), which in your case means 93-97 Del Sol S and 92-00 Civic w/rear drum (DX I believe). I'm basing this on the fact that Fenco lists identical part#s for rear hubs for those models. If you need donor hub assembly / brake hardware as well, then that would limit you down to 93-97 Del Sol S and 93-95 Civic w/rear drum (Brembo lists a different drum part# for 96-00 Civics).

For the drum bit I could be wrong of course, in which case hopefully someone else will speak up and correct me. Apologies in advance, I normally would've gone to sleep 12 hours ago so I'm a little loopy right now.

Oh, I looked up Integra trailing arms, and while the FAQ will steer you the right way for compatible disc arms/assemblies, I couldn't find one with a rear drum.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy668
92-00 Civics & 93-97 Del Sols share common rear suspension layouts with most parts being interchangeable with occasional compatibility issues. (swaybar differences, disc vs. drum, ABS, etc)

If you're trying for a drum to disc conversion the parking brake cables will need to be changed as was already mentioned (the connector at the end of the cable is different, possibly length too), if you're going from drum to drum then there should be no issues provided the hub assemblies on the trailing arm are the same (if not you should be able to0 transfer parts over from your old arm).

The FAQ doesn't explicitly say which drum trailing arms are interchangeable, it just covers disc trailing arms. I believe a donor vehicle with the same size hub will work (provided you have the ability to flip over rear brake hardware from your trailing arm / hub assembly vehicle), which in your case means 93-97 Del Sol S and 92-00 Civic w/rear drum (DX I believe). I'm basing this on the fact that Fenco lists identical part#s for rear hubs for those models. If you need donor hub assembly / brake hardware as well, then that would limit you down to 93-97 Del Sol S and 93-95 Civic w/rear drum (Brembo lists a different drum part# for 96-00 Civics).

For the drum bit I could be wrong of course, in which case hopefully someone else will speak up and correct me. Apologies in advance, I normally would've gone to sleep 12 hours ago so I'm a little loopy right now.

Oh, I looked up Integra trailing arms, and while the FAQ will steer you the right way for compatible disc arms/assemblies, I couldn't find one with a rear drum.
thanks, im trying to replace it with drum to drum so it should bolt on with a civic dx or can it be from lx/ex
Old 06-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by d16z6_ej1
thanks, im trying to replace it with drum to drum so it should bolt on with a civic dx or can it be from lx/ex
fenco shows a separate part for rear disc and rear disc with abs but I believe 92-95 that means ex and ex w/abs, so 92-95 dx & lx should be fine.

96-00 ex is 4-wheel disc so that's out, but I think lx came with rear drum. as i said 96-00 has a different drum so you'd have to move over the old drum hardware but the underlying hub & arm should work.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay, I went over to an online OEM parts dealer and did some research. And discovered things are a little more complicated.

92 CX, DX, LX, & VX use the same hubs. EX & Si used rear disc (and are therefore aren't compatible)
93 CX, DX, EX, EX-S, LX, & VX use the same hubs. EX w/ABS and Si used rear disc.
94 CX, DX, EX, LX & VX use the same hubs. EX w/ABS, LX w/ABS, and Si (w/ or w/o ABS) used rear disc.
95 CX, DX, EX, LX & VX use the same hubs. EX w/ABS, LX w/ABS, and Si used rear disc.

So 92-95 CX, DX, LX (w/o ABS), and VX are OK when going drum to drum.

All 92 EXs came with 4-wheel disc, but 93-95 EX (w/o ABS) came with rear drum.

See what I mean, it's a little complicated.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:29 AM

yeah i also have an ex coupe with drums on the back...thanks for all the help