Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Civic Coupe '04.. few questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic Coupe '04.. few questions

I am getting one tomorow i hope.. if all goes well and I am really knew to the import section. always admired but never had the chance to experiance.
now i wanna do a few slight custom mods to this thing when i get it. jsut to set it apart at firs then i will go for there.\

i wanted to setup cold air intake.. and replace the grill as well as shift ***.

where do i wanna look for info on this? and for my model to be exact..
im not a newbie to forums and im sure this has been asked and i hate asking dumb newbie questions but i cant find any real data

anyway. great site and glad to be here
Old 07-02-2004, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Civic Coupe '04.. few questions (paradoxblue)

well, as everyone is going to tell you, click search in the upper right hand corner.. The mods you listed are pretty straight forward.. But, yeah, try searching for each specific mod you want to do, then go from there...
Old 07-02-2004, 11:49 PM

Well, if you're looking to customize, I suppose you have options, most here on HT (myself included) are interested in bettering the performance aspects of their rides. Performance parts are limited for your to be car b/c the newer Civics are largely under warranty. It'll be a few years yet. On top of that, your car is only available with a SOHC D-Series with a gagglef*ck of emissions controls (not the best platform for performance). I personally think it'd be neat to throw a K-Series into a very unassuming looking new Civic and have a great little sleeper, but that's just me and that is alot of money to spend on top of a brand new car only to void the warranty. My best advice is read HT alot and get a feel for what is out of there. (And stay away from anything marked Tenzo-R, APC or Tsudo...)

Old 07-03-2004, 05:28 PM

lol ok thanks
im picking it up monday they didnt havew the color i wanted so i made them ship one in. since we are buying a coupe for myself and sedan for my parents they did it without complaining.
I am getting the coupe SE special edition but not much on those? is the SE not basicly the DX with a few options?
i think for now ima throw a few lights bheind the grill int he front to match the paint and some under the dash just to make it look a bit sharper. then ill worry bout paying it off before anything to drastic
Old 07-03-2004, 06:21 PM

Default Re: (paradoxblue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by paradoxblue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol ok thanks
im picking it up monday they didnt havew the color i wanted so i made them ship one in. since we are buying a coupe for myself and sedan for my parents they did it without complaining.
I am getting the coupe SE special edition but not much on those? is the SE not basicly the DX with a few options?
i think for now ima throw a few lights bheind the grill int he front to match the paint and some under the dash just to make it look a bit sharper. then ill worry bout paying it off before anything to drastic </TD></TR></TABLE>

good plan..........by the time u pay it off there should be much more accessories/performance parts for it and the prices should have gone down a bit for the kseries. good luck
Old 07-03-2004, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Civic Coupe '04.. few questions (CaptivaBlue)

heh just curious.. im new to the whole tuner culture as well. and i recently bought a 2004 civic lx 4dr... anyways, why did u say:

"(And stay away from anything marked Tenzo-R, APC or Tsudo...)"

and maybe i should start another thread for this question, i dont mean to change the subject but CaptivaBlue brought up a good point...

ive been observing around the forum for about 2-3 weeks and ive noticed that everyone at HT is "interested in bettering the performance aspects of their rides." being a total no0b on cars, i was wondering if there were any other websites that you guys could offer that would help give me more info on understanding my car a bit more (2004civic) or car performence in general. or are there any sites/forums that are more along the appearance side?

sorry if im a bit vague, im just real interested in cars and i guess im wanting to understand and learn as much as i can in the shortest amount of time.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Civic Coupe '04.. few questions (drinksoy)

heh no problem... see cause we got two coming on monday MY car and the parents 2004 sedan civic LX lol silver..

so inf on them is fine also

it would seem cause they are so new there's not mutch u can do with them
im looking for a cheap place to order the carbon fibre dash kit in canada... any ideas?

ill have to wait for a bit before any mods.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:23 PM

gonna put me in some corny sex lights too

round here that make su pimpin.. heh its corny but all i can do for now...

OH and eDIT:
sinc ethe cars blue. how/where cna i go about getting something to change the head light glow to a slight blue? i think they have bulbs but not 100% sur eon where..

EDIt 2
hey thanks. it would seem im only able to post 5 times in a 24 hr period :'(
how do i change this...
thanks for the info. cold air intake ill do next summer
Old 07-03-2004, 09:29 PM

yo dude...i got myself a '04 civic EX coupe a couple months back...in february...anyways...i got a V2 Intake...its supposed to be cold air..but its just a giant intake...anyways..id go with that, its about $350? i think...not too sure...and im lookin into an exhaust system and VTEC controller from Apexi soon.....good luck dude...and welcome to the import scene!..oh as for shift *****....unless u have a lot of time to experiment.. with various methods on how to get it secure..i suggest u dont get one...i finally got mine to fit but it took so much work...lol...ite peace man......
-tan