Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Chipped ECU

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chipped ECU

Hey guys, I was wondering what kind of chips you guys are using that makes the most power without being tuned on a dyno. I will be tuning it but i want to get the best chip i can so i dont have to do this more than once. Just wanna know what different kind of chips you guys are using in your cars. My mods are in my sig. Soon will have skunk2 valve springs, type-r manifold and bored out throttle body. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Chipped ECU (JDMSiGuy17)

Come on guys i know somebody can help me pick the best chip for my car. The chip is going into a P28. Tell what kind of chips you guys are using. Bump.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Chipped ECU (JDMSiGuy17)

I dont know much about chips except for uberdata but logically id go w/ a skunk2 p28 chip on your car. You already have some skunk2 stuff and its a good chip, so theres my .02
Old 10-26-2004, 07:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Chipped ECU (blackcivic95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackcivic95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont know much about chips except for uberdata but logically id go w/ a skunk2 p28 chip on your car. You already have some skunk2 stuff and its a good chip, so theres my .02</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good chip? Do you know anything about it?

First, That chip has too much fuel for his setup.

Skunk2 low fuel:

Stock P30 Fuel:

The biggest problem is that the S2 chip disables closed loop operation, so it will read directly from the maps, and not use the o2 sensor to set the low load A/F ratio.

Hope you like shitty fuel economy.

The S2 chip also disables:

1. ELD sensor
2. Injector test circuit
3. Baro Sensor
4. VTEC speed check

Go ahead and insert Mugen where I said S2, because they are nearly identical.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMSiGuy17 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey guys, I was wondering what kind of chips you guys are using that makes the most power without being tuned on a dyno. I will be tuning it but i want to get the best chip i can so i dont have to do this more than once. Just wanna know what different kind of chips you guys are using in your cars. My mods are in my sig. Soon will have skunk2 valve springs, type-r manifold and bored out throttle body. Thanks for the help in advance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For most any setup you will not see the "most power" without dyno tuning. You say you will be tuning it, but if you are not referring to dyno tuning, what are you talking about? You are spending all that money on mods, why not go and get it tuned properly. Stop looking on eBay for chips, you will not find anything good there.

Go to http://www.pgmfi.org and research the methods of tuning your car. You will find several free diy ROM editors that will allow you to control your ECUs parameters in nearly the same way as Hondata.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Chipped ECU (Jim Truett)

Truett, you are much wiser than I.

I'd suggest going with something tunable. No off the shelf chip will ever be as efficent as something tuned for your car.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Chipped ECU (Ricey McRicerton)

i stand corrected, i did give my disclamer tho
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackcivic95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont know much about chips except for uberdata </TD></TR></TABLE>