Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Check Engine Light Code 14

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light Code 14

So I pulled the codes and it looks like 14 (maybe 13) where are these located at?

13 BARO Sensor (Atmospheric Pressure) defective circuit or unplugged /

defective sensor

14 IAC Valve (Idle Air Control) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

I have a helms manual but I am at work. CEL comes on when I start the car and it is cold, light goes away if car is turned off and turned back on after running for a few.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Check Engine Light Code 14 (Solracer)

The BARO Sensor is located inside your ECU. If it goes bad, then its time to replace the ECU, however, if your running an AFC (or something similar), this code seems to pop-up from the installation of this device.

The IACV is located on your throttle body. Its used to pass additional air around the TB blade to sustain an idle. One quick test you can perform is to unplug it when your engine is idling. When you unplug it, the idle should drop.

Since you have a Helms ( ), just flip to the troubleshooting section and follow the steps outlined.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Check Engine Light Code 14 (EE_Chris)

The IACV is located on your throttle body. Its used to pass additional air around the TB blade to sustain an idle. One quick test you can perform is to unplug it when your engine is idling. When you unplug it, the idle should drop.
I have noticed that the car has been ideling rougher/lower I pretty sure the code was 14. I don't have and AFC. I recently replaced the radiator hose's and the Thermostat. I wounder if I bumbed the sensor or unpluged it.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Check Engine Light Code 14 (Solracer)

I have noticed that the car has been ideling rougher/lower I pretty sure the code was 14. I don't have and AFC. I recently replaced the radiator hose's and the Thermostat. I wounder if I bumbed the sensor or unpluged it.
Actually i might be wrong, but i am postive the iacv is not on you t-body. The sensor on your t-body is the tps.( throtle position sensor). The iacv is a rectangular looking think on you intake manifold. The location of the parts may differ with the motor i guess, but my lude and civic had them in that order. Also if you just did work on your cars cooling i would check your coolant for air. Coolant runs through the iacv and if there is bubbles or air in the system it will make your car idle a little funny.