Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Changing o rings n seals on the injectors, fuel after the car is off?.?.?...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 11:23 AM
Mr. Indecisive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing o rings n seals on the injectors, fuel after the car is off?.?.?...

I need to change the o rings inbetween the injectors n the manifold. Is there still fuel being sent to the rail even after the car is off. Is there anything i need to know about doing this, a potential prob, ect...
Old 09-29-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Changing o rings n seals on the injectors, fuel after the car is off?.?.?... (EJ8VTEC)

well you could always loosen the pressure on the fuel filter and open the gas cap. However, fuel is in the rail so expect a bit of fuel to come out when u pull out the injectors.

i just simply pop off the injectors and replace. sure, theres a bit of fuel in the compartment but never a problem. JUST DO IT.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ8VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I need to change the o rings inbetween the injectors n the manifold. Is there still fuel being sent to the rail even after the car is off. Is there anything i need to know about doing this, a potential prob, ect... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-29-2005, 11:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Changing o rings n seals on the injectors, fuel after the car is off?.?.?... (EJ8VTEC)

as long as your ignition isnt in the on position there is no fuel being sent. but you will have to relieve pressure at the fuel filter
Old 09-29-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Changing o rings n seals on the injectors, fuel after the car is off?.?.?... (hatchi)

You can just unscrew the fuel rail, pull it back and use something like a zip tie to get the injectors to point straight up. Then wiggle them from side. Pop off the old Oring and slide on the new one.

Then put the injectors back into the rail, and then put the injectors/rail back into the proper place on the head/IM.

You may need to use some oil around the Orings to make them slide in without tearing.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Changing o rings n seals on the injectors, fuel after the car is off?.?.?... (nota-eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nota-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You may need to use some oil around the Orings to make them slide in without tearing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeap. be very careful. the o-rings tear easily. i had 2 tear on me and gas leaks suck.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Changing o rings n seals on the injectors, fuel after the car is off?.?.?... (dantastic)

LoL..

I just did this last night! Well, I replaced my DSM 450s with the stock injectors, so I installed new o-rings and uninstalled the resistor box as well.

Only took me about 20 minutes for the whole thing.

You don't even have to relieve the pressure in your fuel system if you are only changing the lower seals. Just unbolt the fuel rail from the IM and pull the rail up with the injectors still in it. Then change the seals and put the injectors back down into the IM. Super easy.

If you want to relieve the fuel pressure just take off the gas cap and loosen the 12mm bolt on top of the fuel filter. Then tighten the bolt back down and you shouldn't have any fuel pressure.

I relieved the fuel pressure last night but still got a little gas on my hands when I switched the injectors out, which is normal. The fuel rail and injectors still had fuel in them. I like the smell of gas anyways so it's all good.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Changing o rings n seals on the injectors, fuel after the car is off?.?.?... (dantastic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dantastic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeap. be very careful. the o-rings tear easily. i had 2 tear on me and gas leaks suck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup. The 30 minute drive from my friend's house to my house was the scariest drive of my life.

edit: If you do take off that 12mm bolt in the fuel filter/regulator thing by the fusebox MAKE SURE YOU SCREW IT BACK IN BEFORE YOU TURN THE KEY TO THE ON POSITION!

I shot the ****** all the way across the garage and then spent 45 minutes looking for it.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Changing o rings n seals on the injectors, fuel after the car is off?.?.?... (nota-eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nota-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I shot the ****** all the way across the garage and then spent 45 minutes looking for it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LoL!

Reminds me of after I did my last head gasket and the fuel line wasn't all the way tightened onto the fuel rail... I pressurized the system and gas sprayed all over the damn place!

Ooops!
Old 09-29-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Changing o rings n seals on the injectors, fuel after the car is off?.?.?... (EJ1 wilcox)

While we're on the topic of fuel systems, how do you remove the line that goes from the regulator to the fuel rail?

I had a bolt snap and I had to disconnect the line from the regulator since I couldn't get it off of the rail.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Mr. Indecisive

Thanks for the replys... did that **** laft night took like a half an hour... however the cam seal was alot more fun....