Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Carpet for an EG.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpet for an EG.

I need to replace mine, it's all ripped and smells really bad.

I was told that the carpet from any Civic would fit the EG, is that true? Would a 00 Si carpet fit into a 94 EG?

Else does anyone know of somewhere I can buy it for cheap?
Old 01-30-2006, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (D G A F)

my buddy and his friend switched carpet for like a weel and one a 94 eg hatch and the other had a 95 teg. i dont know if the carpet was a perfect fit or not but they did it. you might be able to check into that, if you cant find any carpet for an eg.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (tallyturbo)

i tried to put in a eg coupe carpet in to my eg hatch, and it was stightly too big, width ways, so ended up having to put the old carpet back in.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (frampo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by frampo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i tried to put in a eg coupe carpet in to my eg hatch, and it was stightly too big, width ways, so ended up having to put the old carpet back in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

why couldnt you have cut it down on the sides? Or was the pattern off to much? I would like the know what carpets fit also
Old 01-31-2006, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (BDogggUT34)

i agree with coupe carpet being too big. I also would like to know because i am in need of gray carpet for my hatch, seeing as i am currently using coupe carpet and its too big.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anybody ever try this stuff?

http://www.roadworksauto.com/Carpets/hondcarp.htm

Old 01-31-2006, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (StanBo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StanBo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anybody ever try this stuff?

http://www.roadworksauto.com/Carpets/hondcarp.htm

</TD></TR></TABLE>

good link, $159 with free shipping seems like an ok deal for new carpet!!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:50 AM

I don't understand how the carpet from a coupe is wider than a hatch?

Carpet from a 2dr 94-01 integra will work. 92-95 civic coupe carpet SHOULD work, I am somewhat surprised people had trouble with this. Obviously carpet from 92-95 civic hatch will work.

I would think that EK carpet will not work in your eg.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (StanBo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StanBo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anybody ever try this stuff?

http://www.roadworksauto.com/Carpets/hondcarp.htm</TD></TR></TABLE>

From what i've heard is that aftermarket carpets aren't a pefect fit, and sometimes need to cut pieces of it.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (Spoon)

just go to hoem depot and get some carpet the. not the the carpet from inside the house but the one with the weather resistant material thats what i have in my car now i would have pics posted up soon its not that hard and its hella cheap i paid like 16 bucks for the whole thing
Old 02-03-2006, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (DohcSide)

Here's pics of home depot carpet

Old 02-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (DohcSide)

Just a funny thing: there's this kid up here in ND and the whole floor of his Civic is rhino-lined. When I saw it I cracked up.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:04 PM
jbs
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BDogggUT34 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good link, $159 with free shipping seems like an ok deal for new carpet!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Aftermarket kits are good EXCEPT they are not precut. It's a lot of work to cut out the holes and have it lining up perfectly. If cost is the issue, this may be your only choice. If I were you, save up a bit and just get a new one from the dealer.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (jbs)

is basicaly up to you and i did a have *** job too you can do way better it only took me and my friend like 1 hour for the whole process
Old 02-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

everything you need...

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/....html

and these guys are supposed to be pretty good..

http://www.autotrimsupply.com/webcarpets.asp

good luck..
Old 02-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK

Here:

http://accmats.com/products/mo...t.htm

Check them out, google, see what works for you.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:28 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (INVALID)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by INVALID &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here:

http://accmats.com/products/mo...t.htm

Check them out, google, see what works for you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't go with ACC mats. Im trying to put their carpet in and it's a huge pain in the ***.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:58 AM

Default Re: (GetawayInMoscow)

Don't go with ANY aftermarket carpet!! I'm warning you now, it ALL SUCKS and is a huge gigantic pain in the *** to install. It's not wide enough, doesn't cover all areas, and is not precut so you have to hack it up yourself. Trust me, I've been screwing with my carpet for weeks trying to get fitment right and it's just not working for me, and in my opinion it looks like crap. I'm about to just rip it out and toss it in the garbage and rock no carpet with some floor mats. That's how bad it irritates me. Triple thumbs down for aftermarket carpet of any kind/brand/whatever. If you're really set on getting brand new carpet pay the $400 for OEM Honda carpet, it's well worth it. Precut and guaranteed fit.. because it's OEM. My .02
Old 02-06-2006, 11:11 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (purps)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by purps &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't go with ANY aftermarket carpet!! I'm warning you now, it ALL SUCKS and is a huge gigantic pain in the *** to install. It's not wide enough, doesn't cover all areas, and is not precut so you have to hack it up yourself. Trust me, I've been screwing with my carpet for weeks trying to get fitment right and it's just not working for me, and in my opinion it looks like crap. I'm about to just rip it out and toss it in the garbage and rock no carpet with some floor mats. That's how bad it irritates me. Triple thumbs down for aftermarket carpet of any kind/brand/whatever. If you're really set on getting brand new carpet pay the $400 for OEM Honda carpet, it's well worth it. Precut and guaranteed fit.. because it's OEM. My .02 </TD></TR></TABLE>

x10000000000

I'm going through the exact same **** as we speak. The difference is mine is too long, it fits like absolute ****. Sound deadening material is all over the bottom making it a huge pain in the *** to cut. I've fucked with it for so many hours now and Im still not impressed as to how it fits.

Just like the previous guy Im tempted to take it all out throw it in the trash and just run no carpet Im so pissed trying to make this **** fit right. I also spent money on the ACC mats carpet which is supposed to be really good.

Seriously don't change your carpet with anything other than OEM. I promise if you go aftermarket you will want to kill yourself at some point during the install!

Old 02-06-2006, 11:28 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (D G A F)

the problem with going to Honda and buying a carpet for your 92-95 hatch, is that I've heard they are hard to find, running out of supplies.

With my hatch, the carpet was all torn up. I looked for carpet for a while. Many people said not to go with ACC. I did anyway, and I'm not disappointed. It was a bit of a PITA to install but overall I'm pleased with the results. I spent like 3 days after work working on it getting it to fit the best I could. There was a couple places where the carpet sorta bunched, just a little, but I was able to get it under the front seats so you couldn't see it when everything was installed. I had to measure, cut and install over and over again. I took my time and it turned out pretty good. There were two parts that just wouldn't get any better no matter what I did. Those two parts were where the hatch and gas levers are and where the ECU is. The carpet is a bit tight around the hatch and gas levers but it looks good, just took some time. The carpet that covers the ECU didn't go up high enough and you can see the firewall a little when your sitting in the car but I don't think you can see the ECU.

I believe I have pictures of the carpet and of it installed if anyone would like me to post them.

ACC has a warranty but if you cut the carpet that voids the warranty. So you pretty much need you car stripped to place it in there and see how it fits. But even if it's not perfect, thats mostly because their mold is a general mold that fits different years, or atleast that what I've been told. It has to be WAY off for them to replace the carpet.

If you buy any aftermarket carpet, be prepared for some work to get it to fit OK. The old saying, "You get what you pay for" sorta applies here. If you can find and buy an OEM carpet and have the money, you won't be diappointed. But if you buy an aftermarket carpet, don't expect it to fit like OEM, but with some work you should be able to get it to look good.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (schpootypie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by schpootypie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just a funny thing: there's this kid up here in ND and the whole floor of his Civic is rhino-lined. When I saw it I cracked up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ND sucks bawlz...
Old 02-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carpet for an EG. (Hondaciv95VX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondaciv95VX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ND sucks bawlz...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not all of it, man. I leave my doors unlocked everywhere I go...no worries.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:46 PM
wob

integra carpet into 92 95 hatchs get a thumbs up from me
Old 02-10-2006, 02:58 PM

just go to walmart and get their carpet in the automotive section..like $20 will cover your driver and passenger..it comes in a roll, so you can't get what you just need..
Old 02-10-2006, 03:39 PM

Default Re: (muasboi)

180 bucks shipped to my door from jc whitney... you cant go wrong any freakin color you want.... but as stated above no pre cut... but just keep your old carpet and line it all up... very easy thanks

Quick Reply: Carpet for an EG.