Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

car starts up by it self

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car starts up by it self

ok i took my girl out to dinner ..after dinner i came out and i hear my car runnin....i run over and my car was on wit no keys in the igntiion...so i put the key in put it ova to aux. and tryed to turn it off nuthin .....got back home and it shut off fine, this has neva happen to me b4 any ideas
Old 08-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: West Bakalakadaka St., Durka Durka Mohammed Gihad, WMDs
Default Re: car starts up by it self (slowassciv33)

wow, that's crazy. You didn't just restore that car did you? you don't by chance lovingly call it "Christine" do you? Weird **** man, weird ****.
Honda's.... They never stop running.... Even when you try to shut them off.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is your car KITT? Are you sure someone didn't hotwire it or something?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: car starts up by it self (EL Vap133)

i look under the dash no hot wore or **** but a black box thing ..ill take a pic in the morning......looks like the car use to have an alarm so mayb it had a remote start
Old 08-08-2005, 09:06 PM

2 question.

1. Is it a manual??
2. Do you park it in gear??

If both are true then the remote start wouldnt matter since its already in gear, but someone correct me if i'm wrong about that
Old 08-08-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: car starts up by it self (eXcelonTypeR)

That is fuckign bizzare. Seriously.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:16 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, do you have a remote starter? If if had one before its definatley possible for the wires to touch.... but it wouldn't just start running like that.. weird.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:36 PM

either it's been hotwired or u got a remote starter....thats my opinion anywaze....
Old 08-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eXcelonTypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2 question.

1. Is it a manual??
2. Do you park it in gear??

If both are true then the remote start wouldnt matter since its already in gear, but someone correct me if i'm wrong about that </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dont ever leave your car in gear if you have a remote start. And since in your case your car is just starting by itself, get in the habit of only using the e-brake to park the car, dont leave it in gear. Your car will start even though its in gear if you have remote start and guess what, it'll start moving. Me and my friends made a "knight rider" type vid since i have remote start and my car drove for over a mile until i shut it off with the remote start. Just something we did for ***** and giggles. The look on peoples faces as my car drove past them was priceless.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car starts up by it self (Kp_VtekNiks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kp_VtekNiks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dont ever leave your car in gear if you have a remote start. And since in your case your car is just starting by itself, get in the habit of only using the e-brake to park the car, dont leave it in gear. Your car will start even though its in gear if you have remote start and guess what, it'll start moving. Me and my friends made a "knight rider" type vid since i have remote start and my car drove for over a mile until i shut it off with the remote start. Just something we did for ***** and giggles. The look on peoples faces as my car drove past them was priceless. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i did that once with my old GSR but didn't make a video. i was buggin out one of my boys that didnt know i had one and the car started driving towards his... lol ebrake was on so it was start move shut off ... and kept repeating till i hit the button.

There must be a alarm or someone tried hot wiring it. Also I've heard of MSD systems causing that but not on hondas just on old dodges that have the fuel pump that runs off the cam.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car starts up by it self (93b16hatch)

do you ahve remote start on it?
Old 08-09-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Re: car starts up by it self (johnxboi)

i dno whats up wit it illcheck it and take some pics...scared the heck out of me thougth smeone was stealing my car.....
Old 08-09-2005, 09:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kp_VtekNiks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dont ever leave your car in gear if you have a remote start. And since in your case your car is just starting by itself, get in the habit of only using the e-brake to park the car, dont leave it in gear. Your car will start even though its in gear if you have remote start and guess what, it'll start moving. Me and my friends made a "knight rider" type vid since i have remote start and my car drove for over a mile until i shut it off with the remote start. Just something we did for ***** and giggles. The look on peoples faces as my car drove past them was priceless. </TD></TR></TABLE>

WEll hey i was wrong, i'm batting a thousand this week
Old 08-10-2005, 07:43 AM

hahah i usally put my car in gear and the one night i dont this happens......i no a guy had a remote start on his 5spd eclipse was showing it off bout how far he could start it . as he walks out side from the store the car had role back in to a ladie and pinned her between her n his car......it was bad
Old 08-10-2005, 07:46 AM
cute little bastard

I think I've seen her car before!

:cues KnightRider song:
Old 08-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its a remote start that it has. It is problably programed to turn on at certain times or when its cold. Take it to any car stereo shop they should be able to revove it. Or just try unpluging the black box you see and it should go away.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: car starts up by it self (junior40er)

thats crazy
Old 08-10-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: car starts up by it self (whiteEGg)

if it has remote start, maybe it is on the same frequency as someone elses, and when they started they's then your's started also....unhook that sucka!
Old 08-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OMG CALL GHOSTBUSTERS IS POSSESED LOL nah but 4real is probably a remote start
Old 08-10-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: (Slammed92hbonN20)

If your not the first owner of the car, someone probably had remote start on it and tracked you down just to freak you out
Old 08-10-2005, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Spoon98Hatch)

I would never put a remote starter on anything. They cause all sorts of problem, more than you could ever imagine. We have taken them off and left them sitting in a bag on the front seat of a car at the dealership I work at.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: (JDM-97CX)

yea i unplugged the box the car works fine i hope.....
Old 08-10-2005, 02:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would never put a remote starter on anything. They cause all sorts of problem, more than you could ever imagine. We have taken them off and left them sitting in a bag on the front seat of a car at the dealership I work at.</TD></TR></TABLE>

name some. I would like to know for future references.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (2000DX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000DX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">name some. I would like to know for future references.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Car doesn't start, ecu throws an EGR code. Car starts and dies, ecu throws a secondary ignition code. Car doesn't do anything at all, not even turn on, remote starter fried EVERYTHING. Starter inoperative, starter replaced still not working.

These are just some of the things I have seen, keep in mind I work for Lincoln, not honda so the errors may be different but a remote starter can still mess things up horribly.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This reminds me of my Dad's buddy. He had a manual corvette that had a short somewhere in the electrical system. So one day he stops by his bar/grill (the Monastary for all you Phoenix people) that is located right next to a canal. Runs in and comes out to see his car chugging toward the canal as the starter is turning the motor over. He could only watch as his vette threw itself into the canal.

-S

Quick Reply: car starts up by it self