Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car has no electrical power

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car has no electrical power

FIXED EDIT: Turns out it was just a couple of small things I overlooked, now I feel dumb for creating this thread. My battery ground wasn't as good as I thought it was, so I sanded down the grounding spot some more to expose more clean metal. Then my battery wasn't charged as much as I thought it was, so a good charge helped that a bit. I guess don't over look the small things by accidentally pondering the big things, check the grounds and make sure the simple things are hooked up correctly.

Ugh...I hate to ask but I need a bit of help and would like to get some ideas on how to fix it as soon as possible. Car is a 96 civic DX. I posted this in the shaved and tucked thread as well.

I just got done doing a mild tuck, re-looming the engine harness and fuse box relocation mainly. I had my dash out and after I put it back in, and had my engine harness put back in entirely I decided to see if the car would start. I turned the key to the on/accessory position and the car had no power what-so-ever. I tried to turn on the parking lights to see if the gauges lit up, but got nothing.

I bought new battery terminals and ran a 4 gauge wire from the positive side of the battery to the fuse box, and from the battery 4 gauge wire to the starter.

I checked the battery with a multimeter and it was showing 12 volts. I then checked the power wire from the battery to the fuse-box and it appeared to be showing 12 volts as well. My question is where should I check next, anything in particular that goes next from the fuse box to give the car power? It's almost as if there is no battery there at all, but I'm pretty sure it's hooked up right. I don't have everything put back together at the moment but I'm pretty sure I have all the important things affiliated with power hooked back up. If anybody knows all of the specific plugs that must be plugged in in order for the car to have power that would be great too, I may just have something important un-plugged without realizing it. Would anything specific in the engine harness make it do something like this maybe? Anyone has any ideas on what to check next let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by Shimakid12; 06-01-2010 at 12:36 PM.