Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car or gaming?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car or gaming?

I know this might be a weird thread but I was just looking for some advice.

I am working full time, but minmum wage, and I dont make a whole lot of money. I have a96 civic hatch that I have been fixing up for the past 5 months, and basically every check has gone into the car, it's really comming together, now I want to do more things to it then get a new engine.

I know I still have a LOT more money to spend before it becomes "perfect" and the way I really want it to be. I was thinking today ever since I got the car I have been paying more attention to it and not really having any "fun" I am a big gamer, I love video games, I sold my tv and PS3 to help get some cash for my car and I miss it.

I really want to get back into gaming because I enjoy it alot, but I also enjoy fixing my car. I just dont know what to do, should I keep putting all my money twards making my car better? Or start spending it on stuff like games and tv's and cloths and stuff?
Old 11-26-2009, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Car or gaming?

I am just looking for advice, I would love to do both because I enjoy both very much, I cant stand driving a car around that I see as "unfinished" but I hate coming home from work and having nothing to do and unwind with.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds like you need a personal loan
Old 11-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get a psp on ebay.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much did you get for your used stuff? Was it really worth it?

Street value for that stuff is pretty low for what it is; i think you shouldnt have done it in the first place. What did you buy wih the money you got?

But thats already done so if you wanna game get a used game console and a small tv. Keep looking through crapslist.org or egay you might come up.

I wouldnt sell my games unless its the last resort becquse of the fact you get a quarter on the dollar when you sell them
Old 11-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do what you love the most.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:36 PM

I think im just going to leave my car the way it is, I am only digging myself into a hole, I will NEVER get what I put into the car, and im certainly not going to have this car forever, it's only my first car, so I think im just going to spend my hard earned money on stuff I will enjoy the most, and that is games and movies. A car is a car it gets me from point A to point B as long as it's running I am happy.

I am in my car for 30 min a day, thats to work and home.

I am at home for hours, makes more sense I guess. I have seen some great deals on tv's on ebay.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey man im not even 17 yet and i have most of my check going to my car too, and after 3 months of fixing it up and such i am in process of swaping motor, and i dont even make past 300$

i used to game also VERY MUCH with my 360 and halo 3 as halo 3 was my only income when i was young (played lots of tournaments and won) i say if you can make quick bucks like i did(most ever made was 550$) on just playing games then rock up the gaming and spend the money on your car best of both worlds

people like us that dont make very much spends 2 years on our car to make it everything we ever wanted it to have
Old 11-27-2009, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by CRXREFIC
hey man im not even 17 yet and i have most of my check going to my car too, and after 3 months of fixing it up and such i am in process of swaping motor, and i dont even make past 300$

i used to game also VERY MUCH with my 360 and halo 3 as halo 3 was my only income when i was young (played lots of tournaments and won) i say if you can make quick bucks like i did(most ever made was 550$) on just playing games then rock up the gaming and spend the money on your car best of both worlds

people like us that dont make very much spends 2 years on our car to make it everything we ever wanted it to have
Cool man, nice to know im not the only one =P I used to play Halo 3, but I like Rainbow Six Vegas more on LIVE, that was so much fun, I miss my 360. Minimum wage sucks! Not only do I struggle trying to fix my car up, I have the pressure from my parents to move out and get an apartment, I will never be able to have a nice car, lol.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Put the 360 IN the car. haha
Old 11-27-2009, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by czirr321
I think im just going to leave my car the way it is, I am only digging myself into a hole, I will NEVER get what I put into the car, and im certainly not going to have this car forever, it's only my first car, so I think im just going to spend my hard earned money on stuff I will enjoy the most, and that is games and movies. A car is a car it gets me from point A to point B as long as it's running I am happy.

I am in my car for 30 min a day, thats to work and home.

I am at home for hours, makes more sense I guess. I have seen some great deals on tv's on ebay.
Sounds like you're just testing the car thing out and you're not really into the wrenching or the driving.
I put 23,000 some dollars into an S14 when I barely made more than that in one year. If I had the opportunity to go back and change it, I wouldn't because I had a blast doing it. Do what you love man and don't let the people repress you. It what America was founded on.

Originally Posted by czirr321
Minimum wage sucks! Not only do I struggle trying to fix my car up, I have the pressure from my parents to move out and get an apartment, I will never be able to have a nice car, lol.
Sounds like you should start considering the military...