Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Car BROKEN INTO in PASADENA!!! (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car BROKEN INTO in PASADENA!!! (pics)

I don't know if you all know this but there was a private Drift/Grip event this Friday at Buttonwillow that I was scheduled to go to. This was going to be my second track event and I was really pumped to go to this. About 2 weeks ago I finished getting my car running after doing my KA to newer KA swap. About 2 weeks ago I bought my Bell M2 PRO helmet as well for these events.

I decided that on Thursday I would pack all my tools, helmet, spare steel wheels, motor oil, etc. in my car and go to class at Pasadena city college for my microbio class from 6PM-7PM/Lab from 8PM-10PM and then spend the night at my girlfriends house in south pasadena. Unfortunately I didn't have any cash on me because I used all my cash to mount my tires and I wasn't able to spend a dollar to park in the normal lighted, security guarded parking structure. This was the first time I haven't parked in there and this was the first time I ever had all my **** in my car like this. During the one hour break I had between class I went to my GF's apartment to go get some grub. I came back at 8PM and was in lab til 10PM. I'm walking back to my car which is parked on the street right next to the school and notice glass on the ground near the curb. My first reaction was "Oh ****, I didn't notice the glass when I parked. I wonder if my new Yokohama AVS ES100 tires are OK (especially since I was going to the track tomorrow)." I then look up and notice my passenger window is broken and that glass came from my car.

I procede to look into my back seat and stomach drops. My helmet, my bucket of random tools (spanner wrenches for coilovers, crescent wrench, 3 quarts of Mobile 1, a bottle of Prestone Coolant, and a bottle of ATE Superblue racing brake fluid) are gone. I then open my trunk and notice that my tool set, that contains wratchets with all the sockets, screwdrivers, pliers and all the **** you need to work on a car are gone as well. In addition, they tried stealing my radio but just managed to break the face off of it. They stole my case of CD's so now I'm stuck listening to the Cure album that is in the radio with no face. And the volume is all low so I can barely hear it. Everytime I'm driving I reach down to turn the volume up but there's NO ******* FACE!!! They didn't even bother to leave it. This isn't a detachable face radio either. *****!!!

So now I'm down the hole about $1000 dollars in stuff that was in my car all because of these chance events and because my dumbass thought that my car would be safe for an 2 hours while I was gone. So if anyone sees any of this stuff around, please let me know. Fortunately they didn't find my digital camera burried in my bag of clothes.

If anyone knows about this or sees someone selling my ****, let me know. The helmet is very expensive and I doubt that many people have it.

So on top of this, I wasn't able to go to the event. So they in conclusion, they stole all my **** and they stole my track time. Now that is just ******* cold. The kicker is that my insurance won't cover this because I only have liability since I downgraded my insurance after getting a serious speeing ticket a couple of years ago.

If anyone has a passenger side window they are willing to give me a or sell to me, please let me know. You can tell me here or send me an email at chrismendoza25 at hotmail.com. Thanks.

Here are the pics.

Probably pried with my own damn screwdrivers.

They were nice thieves. They left me my steelies and FSM so I could drift my car with no helmet and fix my car with no tools. They also left my cheap $30 jack and jackstands.

This is my helmet box. It shows the size so if anyone sees this helmet model and size being sold, please let me know because it could have been the thieves.

Me vacuuming up all the broken glass.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Car BROKEN INTO in PASADENA!!! (flybert)

well of coarse this sucks, and im sure you now know that colleges, are easy targets. because thieves (most of the time 2 people) will wait outside the parking entrance for a nice car follow you to your parking spot, one guy stays in the car ( or drives around like hes looking for a parking spot. and the other person will follow you to your class. most students either go get something to eat or drink then go to class or they go right toward class. mean while the other guy is breaking into your car. they also have small walky talkies too...this happens every single day.. especially at PCC. so parking in light would not have help. and at PCC has that no alarm noise restriction thingy where if your alarm goes off too many times they give you a ticket...<< most do not know this....since you had your stuff out in the open i assume...good thing they didnt take your car....

you got to think like a criminal to make it harder for them to get your ****.... hope things work out...
Old 12-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car BROKEN INTO in PASADENA!!! (cxSHOE)

Damn that is suck man!! sorry to hear that!!
hope those ****** got their *** rape!!
Old 12-06-2003, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Car BROKEN INTO in PASADENA!!! (HATCHingMN)

The thief was right handed. Your lucky your car didnt get stolden. Invest into some security devices like kill switchs/alarms etc.

sorry man
Old 12-06-2003, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car BROKEN INTO in PASADENA!!! (bla1ne)

yeah...do you even have an alarm on it??
Old 12-06-2003, 09:32 PM

sucks dude, but nice Nismo ****.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that sucks
Old 12-06-2003, 10:17 PM

Sorry to hear. I have had my car broken into 3 times. All three times they only took about $70 bucks worth of stuff, but the damage to the car was close to a thousand.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SickBastard)

I thought 240sx was safer and less likely to get broken into or stolen then civics. But after reading your post, I got something to say...its not what car you drive that got thieves attention, its what you got on your car!!!
Old 12-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry about the break in....i live around the same area....damn theives..die!
plus i wish imagestation or whatever would be working...i cant see any damn pics anywhere
Old 12-07-2003, 12:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

eh datz gay... my dads car was stolen once.. eventually recovered... but for the window try goin to like a junk yard or somethign u can prolly get it real cheap
Old 12-07-2003, 02:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

man that sucks, I've lived in the area all my life, and when I went to PCC, I walked.

By the way, the structure isn't the safest place either, I hear horror stories all the time, also a few years back there were a few rape attempts, where did you park? Bonnie? Marion? Harkness? Sierra Bonita?

Really have to watch out for those dumb bastards, I see glass shards all the time from poor helpless vehicles. Thieves deserve shattered glass pieces underneath their fingernails
Old 12-07-2003, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Car BROKEN INTO in PASADENA!!! ([626]96-GSR)

Old 12-07-2003, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Car BROKEN INTO in PASADENA!!! (trevor corbett)

I was parked on Bonnie in a dark area near where they are doing construction so there are loud noises coming from that vicinity so the sound of broken glass wouldn't really be heard. I'm a dumbass with no alarm parking the worst possible spot. I have learned my lesson and now I know because knowing is half the battle.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:52 AM

thats fucked up. but u know better then to leave a car full of **** in it.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Car BROKEN INTO in PASADENA!!!

sorry to hear....theive sucks
Old 12-07-2003, 12:20 PM

at least your cars still there...
Old 12-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hatchtrap)

That sucks but at least you still have your car
Old 12-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car BROKEN INTO in PASADENA!!! (Gumtape_Deathmatch)

sorry man....