Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Can't seem to find any street legal headers for my civic

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't seem to find any street legal headers for my civic

are there any out for the 01 civic dx that are legal?
Old 11-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Can't seem to find any street legal headers for my civic (QBoi)

DC, look on ebay.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Can't seem to find any street legal headers for my civic (chads)

Can't seem to find any for the 01 DX. I see some for the 01 EX, but not the DX. =/ I looked on Ebay and DCSports.com
Old 11-23-2004, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hate to say it but you better off saveing your money. your not gunna feel hardly anything from a 300 doller header on your motor.

turbo it or do a k20 swap
Old 11-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by QBoi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can't seem to find any for the 01 DX. I see some for the 01 EX, but not the DX. =/ I looked on Ebay and DCSports.com</TD></TR></TABLE>
Should have gotten an ex
Old 11-23-2004, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Can't seem to find any street legal headers for my civic (sohcvtec1995)

Got the car for free, so I don't mind. I don't race at all, but I want headers for the personal driving experience. The small boost, however minute it is, and sound appeals to me I'm not really willing to go all out for a swap and turbo is pretty expensive and I will get laughed at probably (I have an AT XD).
Old 11-23-2004, 11:13 AM
I love to drive

Default Re: Can't seem to find any street legal headers for my civic (sohcvtec1995)

I don't know about the exact laws in your state, but in California (the worst for smog laws) you can't have a smog legal header for a DX because the cat is in the manifold. If you put a header on you would be eliminating the cat or relocating it, and that's illegal. The cat has to stay in it's origonal location.

You could run a header and aftermarket cat. But you'll have to modify your exhaust, and then put it all back to stock when it comes time to swap.

That's a lot of work and money, for only a small power gain. If you're deat set on getting a header, buy something cheap off of ebay. A DC header for your same model year EX will fit, but you won't see much of a gain over the ebay one.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Can't seem to find any street legal headers for my civic (Ghetto Civic HX)

Sorry, I'm not as car literate as everyone else. Just trying to soak it all in Isn't the k-series swap for acura rsx or SI engines only? Also, how can the header for a vtec ex fit my dx? im limited to 5 posts a day, so im trying to fit everything i can into one message x_X
Old 11-23-2004, 11:48 AM
I love to drive

with enough time and money, any engine can fit in any car.

From what I've learned on this site, all D-series exhaust manifolds, including aftermarket headers, are interchangeable. I have an 2000 HX, that has a same exhaust manifold as a DX, and I've run a header for a 92-95EX.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Electrician

Default Re: Can't seem to find any street legal headers for my civic (chads)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chads &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i hate to say it but you better off saveing your money. your not gunna feel hardly anything from a 300 doller header on your motor.

turbo it or do a k20 swap </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not everyone has $5,000 to dump on a motor plus all the extras you need to fabricate in order for it to work.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by QBoi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The small boost, however minute it is, and sound appeals to me </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're not going to notice any difference at all if everything else is stock; plus you'll be eliminating your cat, which isn't a good thing. Save your money; or if you want a little sound, add a short ram intake. AEM makes a CARB / EPA certified one.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Can't seem to find any street legal headers for my civic (EX_AutoXer)

Last post x_X I forgot to mention I put in short ram a few days ago. Runs real nice with a good, non ricey sound. So the next step for me performance wise would either be cat-back exhaust or headers. I hope I don't sound ricey.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you will only be purchasing one HEADER as you have an inline 4 cylinder motor. also i believe the bolt pattern on the head of your motor differs from all 89-00 sohc motors.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:41 PM

I would say that you do sound a tad ricey considering the car you're talking about doing this to, no offense. For 400 bills or whatever youre gonna spend on an exhaust (for MAYBE a 5hp gain) your car's gonna look more ricey and be obnoxiously loud (your DX is auto right?). If you don't have a set of some nice tires (like AZENIS) than save your money and go the wheel/tire change route to notice an increase in all aspects of your Civic's performance (ie: launch, cornering, braking). BTW good call w/ the short ram---better throttle response, cheap too.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can't seem to find any street legal headers for my civic (CLMTAutoXR888)

I say the kid should do whatever he feels like doing. Dont let these guys discourage you from buying parts for YOUR car. Buy whatever parts you want.

But remember, you get what you pay for!
So if you dont want your car to sound like **** ("ricey")... then don't buy cheap-****. If it is not better than stock.... then what is the point. right. right.

Also, I have alot of friends who do only intake/header/exhaust on there daily-drivers. Perfect baby-steps for a Newb like you.... gotta start somewhere.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can't seem to find any street legal headers for my civic (CLMTAutoXR888)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CLMTAutoXR888 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would say that you do sound a tad ricey considering the car you're talking about doing this to, no offense. For 400 bills or whatever youre gonna spend on an exhaust (for MAYBE a 5hp gain) your[IMG] car's gonna look more ricey and be obnoxiously loud[/IMG] (your DX is auto right?). If you don't have a set of some nice tires (like AZENIS) than save your money and go the wheel/tire change route to notice an increase in all aspects of your Civic's performance (ie: launch, cornering, braking). BTW good call w/ the short ram---better throttle response, cheap too.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

who says he wants to get an exaust that will sound shitty and why does getting an exhaust make you ricey? and azenis are not a good all season tire, they are amazing in the dry but it seems to me he doesn't want to be auto-xign his auto dx.

I will stick with the guy who posted above me and say let the kid do what he wants with his car

Here are some products i have had good experiences with...

1. apexi WSII exaust (ok hp gain but sounds nice and good at wide open throttle)
2. dc sports stainless steel header
3.if you want a small drop to make your car look a bit more styleish you could go with something like a H&R sport spring for around a 1.5 inch drop ( i was not a fan and ended up getting agx shocks and "skunk 2" sleeved coilovers)

good luck with your car and don't let people on this site get on your nerves some only listen to what they want to hear and some say only what they want...you will get over it

and remember to watch this before doing anything else on HT (not implying anything at all just trying to save you from getting flammed later on)...

http://uploads.ungrounded.net/...g.swf