Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

canadians who order from EBAY usa

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default canadians who order from EBAY usa

What sorts of duties do you end up paying? can u give me an example of the final cost for something once it arrived at your door?? u guys in teh states are lucky you don't have to deal with this sh*t!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: canadians who order from EBAY usa (gribbs)

Do i even need to say it.............
Old 11-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it suck that is why I always avoid going threw ebay USA, I look at ebay.ca but I rather buy from A&J or from Star, I also like Password and Jdmshit easy to work with. Also go with USPS saves alot of headaches because they ship it directly to your post office and you just pay your final cost there. if you go ups fucken headaches like you wouldn't believe.

Dave
Old 11-27-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: canadians who order from EBAY usa (93SiVtec677)

cool thanx
Old 11-27-2005, 07:31 PM

Be advised you'll pay more money... for example: fender i bought that cost me 125$ and 200$ shipped from CA to AZ will cost u 300$ from CA to CANADUH

Also look at each auction seperatly.. some sellers with good reps will set shipping at an un reasonably high rate; so make your purchases based upon

1. product compatability
2. seller reliability
3. shipping cost:: is stated in every auction
4. ^ ^ ^ if not just PM/Email ur seller and send an offer upfront

this is a good way to ensure you get your part/s faster and this way you have a direct contact if something goes wrong.

Also keep in mind we have to deal with corrupt police +government+ massive amounts of dangerous illegal fugitives and crack addicts. Not to mention gold diggin skanky women.

__________________________________________________ ________________

For all of those out there not familiar with .. "duties".... thats like a tax or surcharge.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:53 PM

I' myself is a Canadian that shops on Ebay.com lots more than Ebay.ca
if you do a search on both engines, on Ebay.com you get a heck lot more results cause their lot more to offer in the US, than Ebay.ca, that the good thing about Ebay.com. Yes USPS can save you money from paying expensive duties if have them ship to you, I think Custom Duties is they charge you a Handling Fee, then the GST and PST depending on where you live. Also Rule #1 is If get UPS courier to ship your stuff be prepared to be rape with expensive BS brokerage!!! try to avoid UPS shipping yer stuff, if you can't then expect a BS Brokerage. I think its their high Fuel Surcharge that makes them expensive when it comes to paying Customs to them otherwise USPS is cheaper. I think its amount on the item when declare to customs that makes up the custom duty price.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: canadians who order from EBAY usa (max23)

You could always smuggle an engine into the country... if your really poor/cheap/frugal/Chavez/Uribe/ingenious

pull ur own engine from an American junkyard, then row it out into the ocean and drop it off the boat in a floating container.. then row it back into shore on the other side of the boarder. Wear black and use a canoe with a trolling motor.

Do it at night using strobing bike reflectors. They do it every day with thousands of kilos of drugs... why not with a tiny engine.

just Kiddin

Old 11-28-2005, 07:08 PM

On the invoice for the items, if the sender indicates "Sample purpose only - no commercial value" or "gift" on it, you usually don't end up paying any duties. I've done that several times for gifts and stuff I've sent over to Tdot. Works for stuff coming into the States from Japan.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:37 PM

The thing with usps is that it takes alot longer for your parts to arrive. I have ordered parts and recieved them from ups in a week or two but paid an extra 20-50 dollars. which I think is worth it because you can atleast file a claim if something gets broken.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:49 PM

I have had alot of experience with buying from the US, my old wheels, set of projectors, turbos, two ic, adaptor plate for my manifold, chips, injectors, etc.

Duties all depend on the item and sometimes where they are made US or Export.

Here some things I came across

1: UPS RAPES : they charge quite a bit for duty fee especially on electronics etc injectors ecus, some things are rediculous like my camber kit i paid 140 US for it and paid 60 Cnd bucks for duty fees. On the other hand packages always come usually pretty quick, lady knows me by first name and drop the packages off at work if I am not home. TRACKING #s

2: USPS is your friend: Duty fees is cheap, Sometimes u get a tracking #, Usually u have to pick it from the post office.

3: FEDEX is the ****: fast, reliable comes with tracking #. Calls u when your stuff arrives at the boarder and ask u for a payment method with the EXACT amout(not extra like UPS charges). I had the most luck with FEDEX (y)