Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Can somebody help me with this (brake?) noise.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can somebody help me with this (brake?) noise.

I have this strange noise from my front brakes, Now it did not happen until I had the front rotors machined and then re-installed. My original pads were used as they were not that worn from recently being replaced. Now the noise is only there when I brake normally in a straight line. It does not do it when stopping in a turn, and it doesn't do it when I back up either. It doesn't do it wether in gear or with the clutch pedal in. It sounds like a ratchet sort of, It is speed sensative in that at @20 mph you can hear it starting and then as you slow down it gets a little louder and the speed of the noise decreases. If I brake firmly the noise is not there at all but like when driving though a complex with speed bumps it is loud enough to turn heads. I haven't had the chance to remove the caliper and rotor yet but the vehicle drives perfectly. And this weekend I will pull it apart and inspect for any signs. I recently replaced all five bearings in my trans and replaced the outer cv boots while my axles were out. the noise was there before and after all this. Please give me some kind of info, If anybody has had his noise...Its not a ball joint either and I noticed that if I stop the vehicle and then ease on and off the brake pedal I can somewhat duplicate it.
Thanks in advance guys,
P.S. Sorry for the length, but its a tough one for me
Old 12-10-2003, 03:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Can somebody help me with this (brake?) noise. (GreenBean)

Anybody want to try and guess....
I'm open for suggestions at this point.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Can somebody help me with this (GreenBean)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GreenBean &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anybody want to try and guess....</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow that's an interesting one. stupid guess: pull everything apart and clean it - there might just be something in there that isn't supposed to be.

good luck on this one