Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Can I make my fuel rail longer like this...???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I make my fuel line longer like this...???

All fixed,

Modified by kay_animation at 1:15 AM 6/19/2005
Old 06-17-2005, 08:19 AM

tgat fitting alone is around 25 bucks. . . . I had to buy 2 for a return line for my turbo. Any lines are possible if you have the resources like me. AF is sweet
Old 06-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (conFusedEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by conFusedEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">tgat fitting alone is around 25 bucks. . . . I had to buy 2 for a return line for my turbo. Any lines are possible if you have the resources like me. AF is sweet
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, I wanted to do what was done on the fuel filter side of the line in the picture above, not the fittings... Their kinda expensive. I found the whole system for $59.00 shipped already, but I just got a suspension yesterday, so I'm trying to give the bank account a break for a second...
Old 06-17-2005, 08:32 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (kay_animation)

So you just want a steel braided line running from point A to point B? That's doable. You just have to make sure you have fittings that accept the hose and clamps at either end.

However.

I wouldn't suggest doing this if you stock lines are fine because - let's face it - this doesn't do anything for you other than look better than stock, so it's a large waste of resources if you ask me.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So you just want a steel braided line running from point A to point B? That's doable. You just have to make sure you have fittings that accept the hose and clamps at either end.

However.

I wouldn't suggest doing this if you stock lines are fine because - let's face it - this doesn't do anything for you other than look better than stock, so it's a large waste of resources if you ask me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, the reasons I'm doing this is:

1. The fuel line is being pinched because basicly the intake is sitting on it...

2. Because its kinda holding the intake a little, the intake arm is higher than normal so I can't put my strut bar back on.

So I would love to not have to do this, but I reallydo...
Old 06-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so is it ok to do this? and more importantly, has anybody done this already?
Old 06-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

any "rubber and gasket" company that deals with plumbers and other work like that can make the custom line with whatever fittings you need. The local shop like that here takes your measurements, fittings needed, and any other info (line type, color, etc.) and will have the line made the next day. Same day if they aren't too busy.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kay_animation &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, the reasons I'm doing this is:

1. The fuel line is being pinched because basicly the intake is sitting on it...

2. Because its kinda holding the intake a little, the intake arm is higher than normal so I can't put my strut bar back on.

So I would love to not have to do this, but I reallydo...</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you installed the intake correctly - and it's a trusted brand - it shouldn't be interfering with the fuel lines. I'd take another look at your install and maybe call the company who made it before messing with the sufficient stock fuel system. Just my $.02 .
Old 06-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kay_animation listen up, you may be able to do it with just clamps but that is not very safe at all. Fuel pressure gets very high, especially if you have a turbo'd car. The high pressure might one day push past the clamps. My copper washers took a **** on me one day and I sprayed fuel about 10ft farther than the car!!

Like others said, get a line made and just bite the bullet and buy the necessary fitttings.

One cheap alternative is go buy a few fuel lines from the junkyard and use an OEM that is a little longer.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you installed the intake correctly - and it's a trusted brand - it shouldn't be interfering with the fuel lines. I'd take another look at your install and maybe call the company who made it before messing with the sufficient stock fuel system. Just my $.02 .</TD></TR></TABLE>

True, but the problem is for a B-Series swap into an EK your's supposed to use the EK line cause its longer, well, all I have currently is the Integra line and its shorter, therefore, its a tighter fit, so either I can buy an oem 99-00 si fuel line from honda, or just do my own alternative, and I wanted to try that first.

So its not the intake, its the line... and I just wanted to know if my own alternative was ok.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kay_animation listen up, you may be able to do it with just clamps but that is not very safe at all. Fuel pressure gets very high, especially if you have a turbo'd car. The high pressure might one day push past the clamps. My copper washers took a **** on me one day and I sprayed fuel about 10ft farther than the car!!

Like others said, get a line made and just bite the bullet and buy the necessary fitttings.

One cheap alternative is go buy a few fuel lines from the junkyard and use an OEM that is a little longer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Point taken, I'll stop it with the DIY's
Old 06-17-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kay_animation listen up, you may be able to do it with just clamps but that is not very safe at all. Fuel pressure gets very high, especially if you have a turbo'd car. The high pressure might one day push past the clamps. My copper washers took a **** on me one day and I sprayed fuel about 10ft farther than the car!!

One cheap alternative is go buy a few fuel lines from the junkyard and use an OEM that is a little longer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm with mike. They DIY lines have a higher chance of coming lose than OEM, and I'm sure the OEM lines will be cheaper.