Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Camber kit suggestions?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber kit suggestions?!?!?

I am getting my total suspension and brake system done this week, but I am without a camber kit at this point. I know that with 15" rotas I will need atleast 2" of drop on my car correct? So that means camber adjustment definetly...

<U>Here's my setup so far:</U>
92-95 Civic Energy Suspension Hyperflex Kit
94+ Integra Russel S/S Brakelines
94+ Integra Brembo Cross Drilled Cadium Plated Rotors Front and Back
94+ Integra PBR (Axxis?) Metal Master Brake Pads Front and Back
1998 Complete Rear LX or GSR Suspension (Brake Swap)
2000 Complete Front LX or GSR Suspesnion (Brake Swap)
92-95 Civic Ground Control Coilover Kit w/ custom spring rates (350f/450r)
92-95 Civic Tokico Illumina Adjustable Shocks/Struts
15” Bronze Rota Circuit 8’s and McGard splinedrive kit w/wheel locks
4040 Proportioning Valve for brake swap
RS 15/16 MC and Brake Booster

What camber kits do you think will be necessary? And what's the top kinds that are available in my price range? I have about 200-300 to spend. Any help is appreciated!

THANK YOU!
Old 04-11-2004, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Camber kit suggestions?!?!? (95DXPhiladeph)

even if you change your ride hight a half an inch you create camber, the more you drop obviosly the more extreme your camber. a 2" drop will indeed need a camber kit soon unless you want to wear through tires once a month, if yoiu camt get one now before you slam get one soon., you will also need to get an alighnment with it to.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Camber kit suggestions?!?!? (civic4door95)

Yea I had planned on an allignment. I knew about it being more severe with more a severe drop, I had just wondered about actual camber kits. I have no idea as to what kit's are good, and the features, etc.

I know I'll need a front kit especially, and atleast bolts in the back I believe is what I was told? I'm just wondering about brands, pricing, and the best places to buy them, with fast shipping.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:40 PM

Specialty products company makes both godd quality fronts and rears. With the fronts I would recommend getting the ARMS and not jsut the ball joints. If you go with the arms look at the bolt size ans thickness of the metal that holds the ball joint into the arm. This is the main place that the arms break or bend and cause failure.

EDIT:DAMN,.,,,are you driving a coupe. We have almost the exact same brake setup except I dont have axxis ultimates in my rears...there some shitty *** brand. 15/16 cyl and all. How do you like it?....**** you have the same rims too. HAHAAA
Old 04-11-2004, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Camber kit suggestions?!?!? (Eyewitness)

Hahaha, good stuff It'll be up and running by the end of this week, and I'll let you know what I think...

what about you? do you have a coupe also? how is the handling and braking improved over what the stock was?

as for the camber kit, I'm going to check out the specialty products company... I have heard about them before...

So I'll get the full front and rear kit, and then a good allignment, and I should be running real well...

But yea if you dont mind, how's the ride now? Braking, etc?
Old 04-11-2004, 07:45 PM

http://www.robearracing.com/cat_civic5.cfm
Progress makes good ****, and its $180 for the front and rear.
Im busy doing the same **** to my car. tein SS damper kit, Work Emotion 15's and that progress camber kit... im gonna be busy this week!
Old 04-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=811268

read that and then ask yourself if you really need one
Old 04-11-2004, 07:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hahaha, good stuff It'll be up and running by the end of this week, and I'll let you know what I think...

what about you? do you have a coupe also? how is the handling and braking improved over what the stock was?

So I'll get the full front and rear kit, and then a good allignment, and I should be running real well...

But yea if you dont mind, how's the ride now? Braking, etc? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I LOVE the braking. It is seriously a big improvement. I have zero fade and can actually lock them up at 45+ mph. With the stock brakes i could always feel fade when trying to stop quickly. You will be happy. Ther is no need for anymore brakes on the car....just more power. I also have the ES poly kit and it too made a big difference. I absolutely love the handling of my car. The poly makes it ride so solid,yet the ride is comfortable. As far as the camber kit goes....i have my ride a little too low so i was still wearing without the camber kits. I guess its just a personal preference. plus i like dont like how cars look with alot of negative camber.

Modified by Eyewitness at 9:15 PM 4/11/2004
Old 04-12-2004, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Camber kit suggestions?!?!? (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5 EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You mean negative camber?

Yes.

Hell a lot of factory Hondas and Acuras have some negative camber already dialed in with 100% stock suspension.

It's very common for bone stock newer and older model Hondas./Acuras to have -1.5 degrees of camber in the rear and close to -1 up front.

A little negative camber can help cornering/handling too. Positive camber is terrible, and zero camber isn't so great either if you like to drive a bit spiritedly around turns every now and then.</TD></TR></TABLE>

After reading this I have decided that a camber kit is necessary. Not only does it "slightly" affect tire wear, but it helps cornering and handling. It can't hurt... with my toe in the right spot, I won't have to worry about tire wear at all. Plus with a wider 205/55/r15 azenis tire on a 6.5 wide inch rota, it might help with any clearance issues right?

Thanks for all your help!