Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Camber kit/control arms when returning car to stock height??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber kit/control arms when returning car to stock height??

98 civic ex had been lowered 2.5 inches, I had installed a camber kit on the car.
Recently I returned the car to stock height and also had new struts installed since the old ones took a beating.

Would having the camber kit on the car still cause any issues with the alignment? The car is pulling to the right a little and the shop told me that I may need to put the stock control arms back onto the car??
Old 04-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Camber kit/control arms when returning car to stock height?? (loki2323)

If your putting the car back to stock height, theres no point of having aftermarker camberkit. I would go ahead and put the stock back on.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Camber kit/control arms when returning car to stock height?? (kaiba)

you could leave them if they are good they can align the car without a problem
Old 04-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Camber kit/control arms when returning car to stock height?? (clint g)

Yeah everything was already changed over. I forgot to bring the oem control arms with me when the car was done.....but figured it shouldn't make any difference.
I'm thinking that the guy that did the alignment didn't set it correctly...or they didn't tighten it down enough and now a few months later it moved.
I thought one of my tires was out of balance....but after having that done it still pulls. Guess I have to take it in and have the alignment all checked out and make sure the guy dials everything correctly.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:46 PM
KSE

Default Re: Camber kit/control arms when returning car to stock height?? (loki2323)

It is a PITA for them to adjust camber because they are not familiar with it... and from my experience most of the workers will refuse to do it or bs you into thinking they did it. In fact ive had one guy tell me he wont do it because it would take hours and then after arguing with him he said he had have to charge me double to do it.

My advice is to go find a performace shop that know how to handle lowered cars (even though yours is now stock height) and let them align it.

Your typical alignment shop will 1, refuse to adjust for camber 2, lie and say he did when he didnt (there are tricks to fudge the printout readings) 3, charge double 4, lie and say you need new parts.

It took me 3 alignment shops and hundreds of dolalrs before i learned my lesson.