Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

A/C Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Help

I recently just picked up a 1997 del sol s with no a/c and I was wondering what parts i would need to add a/c into a del sol that never had a/c. Please try to list every part that is needed. I know that might need stuff from under the dash but i am not really sure which parts i would need. Any type of info would be much appreciated. Already searched. Also what other cars might be interchangeable with the del sol in relation to a/c parts?

Also if anybody is selling parts please let me know or even the complete system would be perfect. Thanks again
Old 02-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: A/C Help (97Integra)

https://www.hondapartsdeals.co...BOP01

You need everything in that pic. You can print it out and bring it to honda. They discounted that kit, you have to buy everything individual.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A/C Help (Turbogixxer)

i was also thinking in putting AC in my hatch ...i took it out when i dropped a B18B motor but still have everything, might need some lines but other than that, i believe i need a Bseries AC Braket....i heard that the braket i need was the B20...is that correct???once i get my braket, all i got to do is put everything back on the way i took it off..but my second question is about the gas needed, where can i get this gas added???or my AC installed??
Old 02-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A/C Help (B18CivicEg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18CivicEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was also thinking in putting AC in my hatch ...i took it out when i dropped a B18B motor but still have everything, might need some lines but other than that, i believe i need a Bseries AC Braket....i heard that the braket i need was the B20...is that correct???once i get my braket, all i got to do is put everything back on the way i took it off..but my second question is about the gas needed, where can i get this gas added???or my AC installed??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, a B20 bracket will work. So will a P54 del sol. Replace ALL the o-ring with new ones, but yes, just restall it. Drain out the old oil and add about the same of new oil.

I would get the freon installed by a professional. They will fill it right and let you know if there is any problems.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, a B20 bracket will work. So will a P54 del sol. Replace ALL the o-ring with new ones, but yes, just restall it. Drain out the old oil and add about the same of new oil.

I would get the freon installed by a professional. They will fill it right and let you know if there is any problems. </TD></TR></TABLE>

good lookin on the info....replace the oil on what??the compressor???and by a professional, do you mean like any mechanic???i ask because i never had to reinstall AC before...
Old 02-09-2007, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A/C Help (B18CivicEg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18CivicEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

good lookin on the info....replace the oil on what??the compressor???and by a professional, do you mean like any mechanic???i ask because i never had to reinstall AC before...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, the compressor. utrn it over and spin the compressor. Measure the oil that comes out. The system should take 8-12 oz.

Yes, a mechanic.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just wondering if anyone would know if i would need the heater core, evaporator, and blower motor from the inside of the cabin? Not really sure what parts i would need to add a/c to a car that never had it. Also would anyone know if parts of off a civic is interchangeable with the del sol when it comes to a/c parts including the cabin.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you can go to http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and find the complete ac kit for the chassis you need...i think it is around $500...if your car has the stock motor for that chassis in it the kit is a direct fit...if it has a dohc swap in it you can use that kit and subsiitute a b20 ac compressor mounting bracket for the one in the kit...this will allow you to use the sohc ac compressor on the dohc block...after installed take the car to a certifited ac repair man and let him charge the system, he can diagnose and problems and get you on the right path...
Old 02-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A/C Help (TurboB16aEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboB16aEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can go to http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and find the complete ac kit for the chassis you need...i think it is around $500...if your car has the stock motor for that chassis in it the kit is a direct fit...if it has a dohc swap in it you can use that kit and subsiitute a b20 ac compressor mounting bracket for the one in the kit...this will allow you to use the sohc ac compressor on the dohc block...after installed take the car to a certifited ac repair man and let him charge the system, he can diagnose and problems and get you on the right path...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Most a/c kits are discontinued.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I tried the complete kits but they are all discontinued. Anyone know what parts are needed from the inside of the cabin to add a/c to a non a/c car? Any info would be helpful. Just need to know if i would need the evaporator, blower and heater core for the cabin.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Will the a/c from a civic be identical to the a/c from a del sol?