Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Buying a Civic

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a Civic

I am finally looking into buying a civic, I have had my CRX it has served me well but I am just looking for something bigger. I keep hearing 99 Civic Si, can somebody tell me why? Should I buy it stock or look for one that has already had some significant work put into it? Looking to spend up to 17,000 - 19,000.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Buying a Civic (Robbie D)

man if you can spend that much or that is your budget, man go for a better car...like a gsr or a type r, but if you do prefer an SI then go for it, look for a stock one with no mods and make sure its an elder person who owns it. just because you'll know it hasn't been abused! but you'd probably find one for 12 G's and have some left over $$, then boost that SOB, or buy upgrades before boosting it. up to you man. GL!!

dont forget to buy the BEST security system out there! alot of ppl are looking for free 5 hand discount B16's!!
Old 06-22-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Buying a Civic (*****est_raver)

Ya like *****est_raver said make sure if u buy any kind of honda that an old person owns it that way you get a engine that hasnt been hot roded to **** and with that much money that u can spend you should do internals and put a t3/t4 turbo kit on it, that would be the ****!
Old 06-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You've got $17-19k to blow on a car, and the best you can come up with is a 99 Si?!!!

It really depends on what you are looking for man. Do you want a fast car or a cool car? The Si's are so popular b/c they are very nice bang-4-buck cars. They are dependable, relatively quick (cough..eek), and they look like a million bucks. Considered by many to be the peak of Honda perfomance in the late 90's (in the US of course).

Down side is they are fully-loaded fat-pigs (a pro for some, a con for me). They are heavy, under-powered, and they look so damn-good that everyone wants to steal them!

Me.... Id just spend the 19k on my hatch, for the sole-purpose of building the most udderly-ridiculous terror on the strip this side of nebraska... but thats just me If you're looking for a quishy cruiser... get a prelude or rsx, at least thats what I'll be buying later this summer.

Modified by mwieczorek43 at 10:34 AM 6/22/2005
Old 06-22-2005, 09:06 AM

If you've got that kinda cash to spend on a car... Buy something new, and buy something nice. If I had $19,000... A '99 Si would be the last thing on my list. (If it actually was on my list)

Do what you want bro, but I'm telling you, you could do MUCH better than a 99 Si with that kinda spending cash.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: Buying a Civic (mwieczorek43)

Despite EM1s are nice car if you have a budget of 17k-19k I'd get something nicer, like a BMW, or a Mercedes, something of that caliber.

If you still want the EM1, like everyone else has said.. Make sure it's in good condition.