Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

BUY AN AUTOLOCK NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUY AN AUTOLOCK NOW!

DO IT, i just returned my 2000 Si back to stock, took out my recaro seat, and well while in class at skoo, in college, they attempted to take my Si. hood was popped, alarm siren cut, bent that thing on the window to get in, and only my autolock saved my car, they tried pulling it off but they were only able to bend my fawkin clutch pedal! i have pics of my clutch pedal comming soon, damn theives, i dont really but incase anyone wants to know where it happend here in So Cali at mtsac college, fawkers!

Havent decided if i wanna keep the car yet, errr
Old 01-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BUY AN AUTOLOCK NOW! (igotyofire)

Damn ******* thieves......at least they screwed it up. Some people on here with Autolocks have not been so lucky.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

: mad :
Old 01-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BUY AN AUTOLOCK NOW! (GTlvr82)

heh well i make sure mine is put on locked tight as i can, and also i dont think they could just come into the skoo and towe my car so i guess i lucked out?
Old 01-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igotyofire &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heh well i make sure mine is put on locked tight as i can, and also i dont think they could just come into the skoo and towe my car so i guess i lucked out?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah.....sell your car and get a hatch....and primer it....and buy a sleeper exhaust (paint it black)...get an alarm....and motor in my sig....and there you have it. No one even looks at my car...not even the cops.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BUY AN AUTOLOCK NOW! (GTlvr82)

I also 4got to mention they had my motor running but could not drive it off kuz of my autolock, theirs no sign of how they started my car but it had been parked there since 9:30am and when i got to my car at about 4pm the engine temp was still normal, like it had just been runnin, engine felt hot too, who knows maybe i got there 20mins too late, sux but o well
Old 01-14-2004, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn...you got really lucky.....maybe I will buy one.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Sushi Buffet Champion

You're from Socal, I'm not surprised that happened.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:51 PM

I've said it in almost every "stolen car" thread I have read on here and I'll say it again.

An alarm is mandatory, and a kill switch and autoloc will stop almost all thieves from getting the car. I have yet to hear of a car getting stolen that had all 3 items. And considering an autolock is less than $50 and a kill switch is less than $10, how can you afford not to have them.....
Old 01-14-2004, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (TwistedSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've said it in almost every "stolen car" thread I have read on here and I'll say it again.

An alarm is mandatory, and a kill switch and autoloc will stop almost all thieves from getting the car. I have yet to hear of a car getting stolen that had all 3 items. And considering an autolock is less than $50 and a kill switch is less than $10, how can you afford not to have them.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

very true. just glad to see they didnt get your ride bro.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igotyofire &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i dont think they could just come into the skoo and towe my car so i guess i lucked out?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe, but last year when I graced the halls of Mt Sac several cars were towed off the lot.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TwistedSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've said it in almost every "stolen car" thread I have read on here and I'll say it again.

An alarm is mandatory, and a kill switch and autoloc will stop almost all thieves from getting the car. I have yet to hear of a car getting stolen that had all 3 items. And considering an autolock is less than $50 and a kill switch is less than $10, how can you afford not to have them.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

i never knew anything about kill switches and always thought they were part of the alarm u bought or somthing.heh and i placed my faith in autolocks hands luckly it pulled thru in my situation but i will remember that, kuz i thought i had a kill switch or somthing this one lil thing but its not
Old 01-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: BUY AN AUTOLOCK NOW! (Sin 2)

Compustar Automotive Security Systems. If you can't afford $700 for the only alarm you'll ever need, then you probably don't have anything worth stealing in your piece of **** Honda.

http://WWW.COMPUSTAR.COM
Old 01-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BUY AN AUTOLOCK NOW! (Archidictus)

dam this sucks, my brother goes to Mt.Sac, isnt the Autolock soppost to be on the brake pedal? or maybe it was and i just read it wrong.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Compustar Automotive Security Systems. If you can't afford $700 for the only alarm you'll ever need, then you probably don't have anything worth stealing in your piece of **** Honda.

http://WWW.COMPUSTAR.COM</TD></TR></TABLE>

im going to pretend i didn't see your post, since i dont know you and you have no idea who i am or what i own or have for my car, good luck finding customers for compustar if your going to disrespect them
Old 01-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BUY AN AUTOLOCK NOW! (OEMJDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OEMJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dam this sucks, my brother goes to Mt.Sac, isnt the Autolock soppost to be on the brake pedal? or maybe it was and i just read it wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have a stick car theyll step on the clutch, start your car, and just use the Ebrake when they need to stop, it goes on the clutch so they cant start it. they could probably just shift but by the time they get to wherever there going theyre gonna just have a block and a tranny that needs to be rebuilt, atleast the synchros will probably be gone.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Compustar Automotive Security Systems. If you can't afford $700 for the only alarm you'll ever need, then you probably don't have anything worth stealing in your piece of **** Honda.

I spent less than 250 for the hardest setup I could put togethter. It's a Viper500 esp with a motion sensor. I wired the alarm to the ignition system, so if you don't use the key fob to unlock the car after 20 seconds the ingition is disconnected. Then I have a kill switch connected to the seatbelt sensor that runs to the fuel pump. Without both you damn sure won't get my car started.

EDIT: And since I put it in, all of the wiring is black, and the brain is muffled. I know that if someone really wants your car they will, but I did my damndest to keep them out.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:12 PM

Hey everybody... it's the Murphys!!
Old 01-14-2004, 06:12 PM

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Compustars as easy to disable as any other alarm. Don't put much faith in an alarm, everyone has them and everyone knows how to get around them. Put more faith in who installs it. I have a friend who is a licensed dealer for compustar and he even says not to waste your money.

And $700 isn't much for a high dollar alarm. I've got $1300 worth of receipts for my alarm.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: BUY AN AUTOLOCK NOW! (TwistedSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Compustars as easy to disable as any other alarm. Don't put much faith in an alarm, everyone has them and everyone knows how to get around them. Put more faith in who installs it. I have a friend who is a licensed dealer for compustar and he even says not to waste your money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is true except i dont kare who installs it, and alarm is and alarm, and if it can go off and people not kare then not only are you going to a loose a car but also a 600 dollar alarm, all they gotta is cut wires, i think it be wise to rely on other methods then some expensive alarm
Old 01-14-2004, 06:19 PM

passive alarms.......

fuel cut-off
multiple kill switches

make the thieves sit in your car wondering what the **** is going on

anything that keeps them in your car longer is a good thing...

auto-lock
kill switches
fuel cut-off
cheapo alarm w/ a loud siren
removable steering wheel

or if you know you're going to be somewhere for a while, school, movie theater, mall... take the ecu and/or fuel pump fuse out

of course, all of these methods are useless against a tow truck

expensive alarms are a waste. i have a cheap *** $150 Viper. touch my car and the bitch will scream for 120 seconds, unless they pop the hood and cut the power to the siren, so i mounted it in a secret place practically underneath the p/s -ish and extended the wires to make them wrap around different parts of the engine bay all covered with loom and lots of electrical tape. it's as loud with the trunk open as with it closed and you can't see the siren from just throwing the trunk open, so i figure they'll be stumped when the glance around the bay and can't find the siren, or don't even notice a difference in sound with the hood opened or closed... what are they gonna do?... **** em, it's just a dx, but it's all mine... oh no! i'm rambling again...
Old 01-14-2004, 06:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igotyofire &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that is true except i dont kare who installs it, and alarm is and alarm, and if it can go off and people not kare then not only are you going to a loose a car but also a 600 dollar alarm, all they gotta is cut wires, i think it be wise to rely on other methods then some expensive alarm</TD></TR></TABLE>

You don't care who installs it? So you have a run of the mill store install with a fuse for the main power 6 inches from the battery and a single battery backup siren on the passenger side of the engine compartment? Your starter kill relay is on the underside of your sterring column just inside the plastic that pops off and is wired always on anyways so pulling the fuse bypasses it..... See why you should care who installs it..... There are tricks to installing an alarm that won't stop a thief but will definatly throw a curve at them and slow them down a lot.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Best thing to do is install the siren in the cabin, and blow their ear-drums out when they get in the bitch..

They can have the car with a side order of a lifetime of silence.. bitches..
Old 01-14-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Re: BUY AN AUTOLOCK NOW! (TwistedSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Your starter kill relay is on the underside of your sterring column just inside the plastic that pops off and is wired always on anyways so pulling the fuse bypasses it..... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah that little black box with the fuse in it was relocated along time ago

take his advice... i had to end up doing it myself after having it "installed"
Old 01-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Hater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Best thing to do is install the siren in the cabin, and blow their ear-drums out when they get in the bitch..

They can have the car with a side order of a lifetime of silence.. bitches..</TD></TR></TABLE>

no no no

use a car horn.

much more effective in deafening attempted thieves.

if some son of a bitch tries to steal my car, i want to see the blood from his ears staining my interior.

Quick Reply: BUY AN AUTOLOCK NOW!