Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

broken mount bolts pulled out

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken mount bolts pulled out

hey guys...i have a problem. the two bolts that go into the block on the drivers side under the timing cover for the mount were ripped out of the block the threads were all ****ed up but there doesn't seem to be any cracks or holes... do you think this problem can be fixed using longer bolts and just using the threads in the back of the hole or do you have to try to use one of those helicoil thread inserts cuz i know its real hard to tap cast aluminum....any help will be apreciated seeing that i would love to have the car back on the road since i just had my motor built and i drove it for two weeks and this happened
Old 12-09-2008, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you cant use longer bolts because they will stick out...

umm i had the same thing happen to my car. actually same motor mount and everything.

you just need to be super careful and try to clean it up and re-thread it...with my car we were able to clean up 2 of the 3 holes and get them threaded nice again and then i helicoiled the third hole.

for the bolts pretty much i bought the strongest ones i could find then i test fitted the bolt, cut off some (because the bolts were a little too long) then rethreaded the bolts.

honestly its a bitch, it took a pretty long good while. after you finish make sure you check it a week or two after to make sure no bolts are starting to pull out from the block.

if you need more help let me know
Old 12-09-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks ill let you know im going to get back on it tomorrow cuz i got all the other work done now(the axle broke when it happened and went throught the back of the oil pan and trashed th oil pickup. but that all straight now) but thanks for he advice