Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

breaking loose vtec

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 03:19 AM
w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default breaking loose vtec

Ok first of all the disclaimer is that if someone like myself walked up to me and told me what i am about to say here i would laugh at them and tell them they are crazy but..............

Lately we have had tons of rain because of the hurricanes around the southeast and when the road is extremely wet it feels like my almost bald front tires break loose when i hit vtec in 2nd and sometimes 3rd. It only happens under hard acceleration and most of the time it happens i am turning slightly or something. I am driving with a d16y8 with mild bolt ons.

Am I imagining things?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:06 AM
grammer nawzi

Default Re: breaking loose vtec (Hondadude96)

Bald tires, wet road, hard acceleration causing tire slippage? I don't believe that ****.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes it is because of VTEC cause your tires are bald. When I had my new tires and I gunned it in the rain they broke loose a little in VTEC but not for long. But you should change does tires asap dont take a chance.
BTW I have the same engine

Dave
Old 07-14-2005, 04:48 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Try not driving around in VTEC with bald tires while it's wet, like an asshat. When you wreck, don't come crying to us.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: breaking loose vtec (sicky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bald tires, wet road, hard acceleration causing tire slippage? I don't believe that ****. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lmao
Old 07-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: breaking loose vtec (93SiVtec677)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93SiVtec677 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes it is because of VTEC cause your tires are bald. When I had my new tires and I gunned it in the rain they broke loose a little in VTEC but not for long. But you should change does tires asap dont take a chance.
BTW I have the same engine

Dave </TD></TR></TABLE>

Makes sense.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: breaking loose vtec (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try not driving around in VTEC with bald tires while it's wet, like an asshat. When you wreck, don't come crying to us.</TD></TR></TABLE>

OK mom!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: breaking loose vtec (flood)

i could just imagine this kid driving around the wal-mart parking lot trying to hit vtec and break the tires loose
Old 07-14-2005, 06:42 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OK mom! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Nobody asked you, jackass.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:42 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: breaking loose vtec (Urban Camo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bald tires, wet road, hard acceleration causing tire slippage? I don't believe that ****. </TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL!
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
OK mom! </TD></TR></TABLE>Targa is right man, wtf are you talking about. BE RESPONSIBLE!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: breaking loose vtec (litterbox)

yeah seriously bald tires in the rain isnt cool
Old 07-14-2005, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You should be banned from honda-tech. Stop that!!
Old 07-14-2005, 08:29 AM

move to arizona where it doesnt rain that much . . . that should clear up the problem
Old 07-14-2005, 10:35 AM
w

Default Re: breaking loose vtec (HatchAdams)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try not driving around in VTEC with bald tires while it's wet, like an asshat. When you wreck, don't come crying to us.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah my front tires have about 15k more miles than my back ones because i was fixing my rims cause my cousin ran it into a curb. My back ones are almost brand new. Still id probably say the samething to someone if they said this to me. So thanks for the advice
Old 07-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondadude96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah my front tires have about 15k more miles than my back ones because i was fixing my rims cause my cousin ran it into a curb. My back ones are almost brand new. Still id probably say the samething to someone if they said this to me. So thanks for the advice </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well then, why don't you put the back tires on the front if they have more tread?

Old 07-14-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Re: breaking loose vtec (Urban Camo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Urban Camo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah seriously bald tires in the rain isnt cool </TD></TR></TABLE>
i dont even drive like that in the rain with new tires. i always drive UNDER the speed limit when it rains and i have never once hit vtec in the rain. your a ******* idiot

your next thread will be "is this totaled or can i fix it?"
Old 07-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, you are imaging. If you floored it in first gear, redlined it and threw it in second, kept flooring it and then third, you can spin into third, I've done it. However, hitting vtec is not the reason it is spinning. It's not like you started flooring it in first and then when it hit vtec in 1st it started spinning. My EX never did that. Nor could you drop 2nd and spin it I doubt it. 3rd, no way. By the time you hit vtec in 3rd you are going damn near 75mph. lol
Old 07-14-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: breaking loose vtec (96 SOHC VTEC)

Buy some toyo ra-1s and a LSD and bet the problem goes away . all yeah by the way dont start driving fast in the rain unless you have driving skill above and beyond the average driver you will wreck big time.

Josh who drives way to fast in the rain and says you shouldnt cause you arent half as good of half as dumb as he is.(emphasis on the dumb part)
Old 07-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Electrician

Default Re: breaking loose vtec (Targa250R)

My thoughts exactly.

Why are you romping on it when it's wet outside? Are you simply asking for it?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: breaking loose vtec (Deemeetree)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Urban Camo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i could just imagine this kid driving around the wal-mart parking lot trying to hit vtec and break the tires loose </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha thats what my friend tried to do first time he took the car then i told him it was an LS.........hes stupid.........hes not allowed to drive it anymore
Old 07-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: breaking loose vtec (Deemeetree)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93ejay1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i dont even drive like that in the rain with new tires. i always drive UNDER the speed limit when it rains and i have never once hit vtec in the rain. your a ******* idiot

your next thread will be "is this totaled or can i fix it?"</TD></TR></TABLE>

there's no reason to be hitting VTEC for daily driving, let alone in the rain.. and to tell ya the truth, i think your tires must be BALD for them to slip at VTEC, that's like what, 90whp for your motor? my GSR instantly slips in the rain with my summer tires (was late for work heh heh..)
Old 07-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no, get some new tires tho
Old 07-15-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: breaking loose vtec (kleanlscivic)

Hey targas has driven to work with out leaving Vtec before. He works 40min away BTW .
Old 07-15-2005, 12:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK mom! </TD></TR></TABLE>

God damn right!

You have been here all of what? 5 minutes? No one wants to hear what you have to say, no one likes you, as a matter of fact most of us pray for your gruesome, painful, elongated death every night as we lay in bed. Do the gene pool a favor and remove yourself from it.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my dumbass does it all the time... 2nD g34r Vt3c PwN5 j00

Quick Reply: breaking loose vtec