Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

brake booster and mc problem need help asap!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake booster and mc problem need help asap!

ok i have a 94 hb vx i did a rear brake conversion,disk brake from gsr and i also have a 00 si brakes on front everything fits ok but my problem is that i was trying to get a brake pedal feel so i both a ls brake booster and put a a rs mc but after instalition my front brakes is dragging and it locks up i found out that the ls brake booster has a longer rod i try to adjust it but its just too long for the rs mc causing the brake drag cause the rod is already pushing the brake fluid by bolting on the mc,is there anything i could use aside from ls booster?or any mc that will work on my booster without modifiying my brake lines?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brake booster and mc problem need help asap! (newtype_civic)

why didnt you just stick with your stock M/C and BB? or just upgrade the M/C alone?

i have all integra suspension from a GSR on all four corners of my hatch, and i'm running my stock M/C and BB without any trouble whatsoever...
Old 05-23-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: brake booster and mc problem need help asap! (94hatchling)

i know i got a 13/16 mc if i get a 15/16 would it makes any difference without changing the brake booster?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94hatchling &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why didnt you just stick with your stock M/C and BB? or just upgrade the M/C alone?

i have all integra suspension from a GSR on all four corners of my hatch, and i'm running my stock M/C and BB without any trouble whatsoever...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why have bigger front brakes when you're not using their full braking potential? Upgrading to a bigger MC/BB is a great upgrade.

I am not sure how (if any) different the LS and RS Brake Booster are, but if they are then switch to an RS brake booster and see if that solves your problem.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brake booster and mc problem need help asap! (EL Vap133)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EL Vap133 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why have bigger front brakes when you're not using their full braking potential? Upgrading to a bigger MC/BB is a great upgrade. </TD></TR></TABLE>

because my stock M/C and BB lock up the tires just fine on their own. didnt see a need to make them grab any harder.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94hatchling &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

because my stock M/C and BB lock up the tires just fine on their own. didnt see a need to make them grab any harder.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes but when you have bigger discs and pads they are not being used to their full potential with a smaller MC/BB.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: brake booster and mc problem need help asap! (EL Vap133)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EL Vap133 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes but when you have bigger discs and pads they are not being used to their full potential with a smaller MC/BB. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i know. but my stock M/C and BB lock up the tires enough on their own. i dont see a need to make that happen any easier...

its one of those many things on the list, but far from the top.....
Old 05-24-2007, 01:43 PM

no in my situation cause my stock dont give enough potential on braking thats why i did a upgrade....