Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Bought a Stolen Recovery Integra..Help..

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a Stolen Recovery Integra..Help..

Ok today i purchased a 1995 Integra LS which was a stolen recovery...Found in a River... ...I got a good deal and can slavage some of the parts maybe?? But my question to you guys is..The wrecker guy said when they pulled it out the key was turned to the ON positon and it was possibly running when it went under..(completly under)..What are the possibltys that the motor is trashed? I am not that worried about it but it would be great if it runs...Oh and some dick stole the key out of it at the wrecking yard.....
Old 10-27-2003, 04:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Bought a Stolen Recovery Integra..Help.. (flat-blk-HB)

the motor is hydrolocked and trashed.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Bought a Stolen Recovery Integra..Help.. (middleman)

Thanks for the quick answer....
Anybody esle got a opinon?
Old 10-27-2003, 04:42 PM
u0f

you will have to replace the electrical system, and i guaruntee the engine wont run.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:43 PM

definitely hydrolocked.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:51 PM

Default Re: (JamesQ)

hot wire it see if it runs
Old 10-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flat-blk-HB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh and some dick stole the key out of it at the wrecking yard..... </TD></TR></TABLE> Go to the nearest acura dealership and they'll make you a key for free if you take the title in with you
Old 10-27-2003, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Bought a Stolen Recovery Integra..Help.. (Slammed Si)

Ok I will try to find me a key or get one made...I was going to try to get it started tomorrow..by disambling the colum....who knows I might get lucky...but I doubt it.....
Old 10-27-2003, 05:00 PM

Take off the head and inspect it.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bought a Stolen Recovery Integra..Help.. (poison)

Theres some trick that might work where you take a spark Plug out and try to crank the motor. It should spit water out, and just do it to each plug. Or disassemble the whole motor. How much did you get it for?
Old 10-27-2003, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How long has it been out of the water? I'd personally take off the head and let it dry out a few weeks before even attempting to start it. Try to start it + water in there = done for sure.

Regardless, I highly doubt even when it does dry it'll run, the eletrical system is shot if it was on in the water.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:02 PM

Default Re: (JMU1337)

well I pulled the lower colum piece and pulled the ign. apart and turned the key ON and rolled the windows up etc...the fuel pump kicks on and all but it does nothing...CLICK....anyways I am done messing with it tonight..and I really dont care if it runs or not..( really want it to but.....) Cylinder 3 and 4 are full of water above the the plugs....Hey all the lights and the blinkers etc..work.
It was underwater for about 12 hours....so they guessed...
Old 10-27-2003, 06:36 PM

Default Re: (flat-blk-HB)

now the damn steering wheel is locked up and I cant move it....Anyway to break the lock?

*EDIT* I figured out how to fix this problem

Modified by flat-blk-HB at 9:46 PM 10/27/2003
Old 10-27-2003, 06:54 PM
HT Black Ops

Where do you buy stolen recovery vehicles?
Old 10-28-2003, 04:00 AM

Default Re: (92 civic VX B18c)

I bought mine from a wrecking/towing yard. The owner did not want it and she was a older lady and just wanted it to be paid to be took out of the yard and a couple hundred for her...But you can also get them at auto auctions but I think you need a dealers license to buy there or also I think a dealer can have one person with him and he can bid on the car..he can just say you are his driver or something along those lines..I work at a transmission shop so we work with a lot of used cars lots..
Old 10-28-2003, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

to break the lock all you have to do is dissassemble the column. the steering lock is bolted on (it was on my del sol at least). if not you can just call a friend up and just turn the wheel hard as hell and it will break (worked on a 4th gen wagon)

hth
Old 10-28-2003, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Bought a Stolen Recovery Integra..Help.. (middleman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by middleman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the motor is hydrolocked and trashed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

agree
Old 10-28-2003, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

last weekend we got a hydrlocked motor to run,lol it's possible.....it took us several hours though
Old 10-28-2003, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flat-blk-HB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well I pulled the lower colum piece and pulled the ign. apart and turned the key ON and rolled the windows up etc...the fuel pump kicks on and all but it does nothing...CLICK....anyways I am done messing with it tonight..and I really dont care if it runs or not..( really want it to but.....) Cylinder 3 and 4 are full of water above the the plugs....Hey all the lights and the blinkers etc..work.
It was underwater for about 12 hours....so they guessed...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I bet it needs a new battery. Take the spark plugs off and put a wet/dry vac down in there and try to suck the water out.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DSeriesBKilla)

I'm in agreement with whoever said that you should pull the block apart and let it dry out! I'm surprised that any of the electrical stuff works at all!!
Old 10-28-2003, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay what you need to do is drain the car of all fluids everything oil,brake,antifreeze everything and I mean everything just becasue water got in the engine doesn't mean its messed up pull your plugs and distributor you want to make sure the distributor is completely dry replace rotor, cap should be okay. Alright put some cheap oil in the car from autozone make sure you prime the engine about 30 seconds then drain and look for water in the oil if it looks good then your good for a start up.(Also while priming engine make sure you check to see if your getting spark to the plugs) Fill with good oil and try to start before starting it up remember to prime it first. Don't worry if it will not start over the ecu is most likely fried so if you have a spare then use that. What you really want to be concerned about is that you let the car and wiring completely air dry before trying to start it. I bought a flooded gsr replace computer and plugs, fuel filter and all of the fluids I have 50k on it after the flood no problems. Last thing test your fuses and relays some of those might not work.
Chris
Old 10-28-2003, 02:39 PM
dAng!

Okay, I didn't notice anyone else mentioning another problem with the car being under water. That problem would be the ecu. If the ecu is shorted out (very likely), then when the key is turned, nothing will happen.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Bought a Stolen Recovery Integra..Help.. (Russ713)

Well I got a key from the oringnal owner so now that problem is fixed....I am proably going to pull the motor out and apart and see if I can rebuild it for my GF's hb...Well I guess I am parting out a 95 integra....
Old 10-29-2003, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what condition are the front brakes in?
i live in college station so i might be interested in taking them off your hands
Old 10-29-2003, 07:48 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (zer0_2_6ixty)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zer0_2_6ixty &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">last weekend we got a hydrlocked motor to run,lol it's possible.....it took us several hours though</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah, it's possible as long as a rod didn't snap or the crank break...as long as you can take the plugs out and spin it around then it's most likely still good...

drain the entire fuel system, replace distributor, replace ecu (since it sounds like the thing was under water lol), make sure no water left in cylinders, give it a shot of ether and see what happens...

we got our race go-cart up and running again after "off-roading" it during a competition into a ditch lol...

Quick Reply: Bought a Stolen Recovery Integra..Help..