Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug?

i have a 92-95 EG DX and bought a EX cluster. theres 2 big plugs in the back and one yellow one for the DX, but for the EX theres the 2 big ones and the yellow one but then theres a green one too. i dont have a plug for the green one. whats that for?

i noticed that when i try to pull a CEL the EX cluster wont show any CEL.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug? (SoOHiGH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoOHiGH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 92-95 EG DX and bought a EX cluster. theres 2 big plugs in the back and one yellow one for the DX, but for the EX theres the 2 big ones and the yellow one but then theres a green one too. i dont have a plug for the green one. whats that for?

i noticed that when i try to pull a CEL the EX cluster wont show any CEL.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did the DX have a tach? If not its probably the tach plug.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug? (4door_demon)

tach?
Old 08-03-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Re: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug? (4door_demon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Did the DX have a tach? If not its probably the tach plug.</TD></TR></TABLE>
? that makes no sense the new ex cluster does have a tach so if the tach wire was seperate which its not because all hondas come prewired for the tach whether or not u have one the that so called extra "tach" plug would fit right in! does anything else not work? chances are u just missed a plug double check the back of the new cluster
Old 08-03-2005, 08:00 AM

Default Re: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug? (northkai3)

tach=tachometer=rpm's
Old 08-03-2005, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug? (northkai3)

Green is cruise control. Don't plug it in, don't worry about it.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by northkai3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
? that makes no sense the new ex cluster does have a tach so if the tach wire was seperate which its not because all hondas come prewired for the tach whether or not u have one the that so called extra "tach" plug would fit right in! does anything else not work? chances are u just missed a plug double check the back of the new cluster</TD></TR></TABLE>

It was a ******* guess *******, I have never swapped a cluster so **** off.

Its called throwing out an idea.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:14 AM

hey listen i wasnt flaming u buddy i was merely explaining why it was impossible so before u start cursing at other people who know more then u read twice because ull see i clearly explained the situation its not like i said hey *** think before u talk dips hit i expalined why that was incorrect so stfu!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

everything works EXCEPT my CEL. when i try to pull codes it doesnt work. because when i tried to hit vtec it didnt engage and it stoped at 6500rpm (like a rev limiter) when it should of gone untill 7400rpm so i tried to pull some CEL but nothing showed.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:23 AM

Default Re: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug? (SoOHiGH)

what motor u have in there? what ecu u running?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

JDM h22a with p13. ECU is not bad because i checked with someone elses p13 that is running fine in a prelude.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:32 AM

ohh i have no idea about the compatibilty of that ecu/engine with that cluster sorry
Old 08-03-2005, 08:32 AM

but anyways u have pics? h22 in eg that must be nice!
Old 08-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by northkai3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but anyways u have pics? h22 in eg that must be nice!</TD></TR></TABLE>

only thing is it looks like crap right now ... its primer white

notice my ghetto fab intake

heres a pic of my cousins car. we just got done swaping the motor in.

BEFORE

AFTER

My brothers EK LS/VTEC

Old 08-03-2005, 08:47 AM

[QUOTE=SoOHiGH]

notice my ghetto fab intake

engine looks a little crooked but nice pics!

Old 08-03-2005, 08:50 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoOHiGH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">everything works EXCEPT my CEL. when i try to pull codes it doesnt work. because when i tried to hit vtec it didnt engage and it stoped at 6500rpm (like a rev limiter) when it should of gone untill 7400rpm so i tried to pull some CEL but nothing showed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Check the CEL bulb from the back of the cluster to see if its burnt out or missing.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug? (fakemike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fakemike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Check the CEL bulb from the back of the cluster to see if its burnt out or missing.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug? (fakemike)

ill check that right now.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess you guys skipped over my answer. Green plug is for cruise control. If you don't got it, don't worry.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug? (wadup)

we know but that doesnt explain why the cel wasnt comin on ya know?
Old 08-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug? (wadup)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wadup &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess you guys skipped over my answer. Green plug is for cruise control. If you don't got it, don't worry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea we heard you the first time

anyways. i just took out the cluster and found like 7 lights missing. guess the guy that had it before me was greedy and kept all the lights for himself.

replaced the lights with the lights on my DX cluster and now the CEL works and im throwing a code 7. ima go look it up now. thnx for the help peoples.

EDIT - GOT DAMN IT !!! looks like its my TPS. anyone got a spare throttle position sensor !?!?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have to agree, that engine does look a little crooked. anyway, get that thing painted man
Old 08-03-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug? (93egsedan)

I thought the green was either SRS or ... damn, brain fart. I went through the rest of the thread to see if anyone else had already said it.

Mabe it is cruise.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug? (93egsedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93egsedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have to agree, that engine does look a little crooked. anyway, get that thing painted man </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea because its sucky mounts. saving money for hasport EGH2 mounts.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:07 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoOHiGH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yea because its sucky mounts. saving money for hasport EGH2 mounts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: bought a EX cluster and put in a DX but have an extry plug?