Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Body Kits for Del Sol

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Kits for Del Sol

I have a 95 Del Sol that I am thinking about adding on body kits to. Don't know much about it. But when I called around to ask about prices for installation, people tell me to be careful of which kit I buy. They would not even work with inferior quality kits. Does anyone know which kits are considered inferior and which are superior? Online search comes up with many kits that look really nice and quite affordable ($200-$600 for a full body kit). Are these the inferior ones? Some of their names are Invader, BC, Extreme, Vader, Mugen, etc. Help please before I throw more money down the toilet.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you might not get a lot of positive response here to be honest, but in the end it's your opinion that counts. What I would do, is look for a body kit made of urethane, as opposed to fiber glass, because urethane (strong plastic) can take a better beating, and won't crack as badly as fiber glass.

As far as style, I find the best style if one that flows well with the stock body lines, and has no big holes, or huge wings.
with Del sols, subtlety is the key.
hope it helped
Old 04-25-2007, 11:06 AM

Default Re: (Elevorett)

Please don't ruin a del sol..
Old 04-25-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: (Elevorett)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Elevorett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you might not get a lot of positive response here to be honest, but in the end it's your opinion that counts. What I would do, is look for a body kit made of urethane, as opposed to fiber glass, because urethane (strong plastic) can take a better beating, and won't crack as badly as fiber glass.

As far as style, I find the best style if one that flows well with the stock body lines, and has no big holes, or huge wings.
with Del sols, subtlety is the key.
hope it helped </TD></TR></TABLE>

There is some truth to that...but if you have ever felt the eurothane kits most are oily nd have problems with paint sticking to tem even when primed (so i've heard) and most likly the responces will be negative here. Shop around ask lots of questions, ask the shops you spoke with to reccomnd a manufacturer....there are a lot of cheap ghetto knock offs out there.

try here, i get parts from this guy from time to time, and he carries good quality products. Oh and he is in CA so you can go check out his wharehouse

http://visionautodynamics.com/interface.htm
Old 04-25-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Body Kits for Del Sol (dipwit)

BODY KIT RICE!!!! dont do it just keep it simple and clean dont waste your money on crap. my 2cent

nice rims, drop & a simple lip well do it not even the lip just rims and drop well be nice
Old 04-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Body Kits for Del Sol (ek4h)

you mean follow the honda-tech craze?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:18 AM

if your puting a kit on for 600 bucks, instead do 600 dollars worth of suspension and you will get what your looking for and probaly wont get beat up. not to be rude but check out some pics of some del sol lowered with the right wheels almost makes you get off. so dont do it if you do better get full coverage insurace cuz even little kids will throw rocks at your car
Old 04-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Meh a nice lip kit is another choice. Body kits have lots of fitment issues and can be really expenisve in the long run unless you are getting a really high quality kit (ie mugen). But yeah if you are dead set on it look for something that is close to stock but alittle different (if that made sense). Bumbers that stick out a foot in the fron and back are terrible or that have massive lights or wholes.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: (jit01)

IMO the only kit that complements a del Sol is a genuine MUGEN aero kit. But its been discontinued since 1998 so it will be ridiculously priced <U>IF</U> you can even find one. If you like this style, your best bet is to piece together a "replica" kit.. take a look at this thread https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1376941 ..good luck and STAY AWAY FROM THE RICE BRO haha

...lower, rims. and Type R lip FTW
Old 04-25-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: (B16b-EJ8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16b-EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

...but if you have ever felt the urethane kits most are oily And have problems with paint sticking to tem even when primed</TD></TR></TABLE>

Most of the time paint doesn't stick it's because it wasn't prepped right. I'd assume with a plastic body kit you would do the same thing as a plastic bumper. You are supposed to bake the plastic parts in a bake booth before prepping it for paint. This bakes the oils out of the plastic (oils are used to prevent the part from sticking during the molding process). After baking, you need to follow a certain procedure for prepping, and always use flex additive in your paint...and you'll have a beautiful paint job, provided you don't run/sag/dry spray the clear
Old 04-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Veilside makes tasteful bumpers and Large Lip kits, stay away from anything that would scream " look at me!"
Old 04-25-2007, 11:49 AM

A noticeable car may get a girls attention... but then again, the same thing applies to thief's. Just be careful!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nato)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nato &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A noticeable car may get a girls attention... but then again, the same thing applies to thief's. Just be careful!</TD></TR></TABLE>

The only thing that flashy stuff gets is skanks and cops, lol.

Theives too.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: (97Ej6mike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nato &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A noticeable car may get a girls attention... but then again, the same thing applies to thief's. Just be careful!</TD></TR></TABLE> haha typical trial user
Old 04-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bodykits do not get girls attention.
Its get you cops and theives attention tho, and occasionally a dirty skank.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:09 PM

Plenty of skanks in Garden grove
Old 04-25-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: (B16b-EJ8)

body kits gets all the attention in the world!!

When I see one on the street I just look and say DAM! *shakes head*
Old 04-25-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: (TheSi)

Yeah man everyones right ..unless its an AUTHENTIC ..and i stress AUTHENTIC Mugen aero kit (good luck finding one) keep the sol kit less and only add a front lip if you can find one that fits the body lines...check out the owners thread on the a/c forum ...im not even a sol owner and im always lookin at the pics of the clean sols on it..makes me want one lately
Old 04-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (XooMZ)

Just get a front and rear lip, with EK sideskirts
Old 04-25-2007, 07:11 PM
RIPJemal

Please don't get a body kit I had one on my car for three months finally got tire of all the real honda guys laughing at me
Old 04-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bodykits never fit the way you want it to..you will always have to modify it to fit. i prefer lip kits instead of bodykits
Old 04-25-2007, 07:37 PM

My apologies that I'm a trial user. What I should have stated is that you MIGHT get a girls attention but you WILL get attention from cops, thieves, and tools... sorry for not being specific enough.

Nate
Old 04-25-2007, 07:40 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (nato)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nato &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My apologies that I'm a trial user. What I should have stated is that you MIGHT get a girls attention but you WILL get attention from cops, thieves, and tools... sorry for not being specific enough.

Nate</TD></TR></TABLE>

I try not to date girls that like me for my car ....

those chickenheads would be what we call "skanks"
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would suggest not getting a body kit. I think you should do whatever you think looks good but all bodykits that are in the range of $200 to $600 are going to fall apart. If you do decide to get one, do not get fiberglass.... get urethane
Old 05-07-2007, 08:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dipwit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 95 Del Sol that I am thinking about adding on body kits to. Don't know much about it. But when I called around to ask about prices for installation, people tell me to be careful of which kit I buy. They would not even work with inferior quality kits. Does anyone know which kits are considered inferior and which are superior? Online search comes up with many kits that look really nice and quite affordable ($200-$600 for a full body kit). Are these the inferior ones? Some of their names are Invader, BC, Extreme, Vader, Mugen, etc. Help please before I throw more money down the toilet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

man keep it simple if you gonna go kit though put mugen...period

Quick Reply: Body Kits for Del Sol