Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bleed clutch - help PLZ, need this done fast :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bleed clutch - help PLZ, need this done fast :(

Ya I'm sorta in a rush b/c I'm getting ready to go back up to college 'n **** where work area and tools are null O.o

Anyawys.

I bled the clutch on my '95 EX (stock). Bled it at the slave cylinder until clear fluid came out...great...

But no matter how much I do it the fluid in the master cylinder res is still dark (dirty). A friend of mine told me that it's hard to get all the dirt out and I shouldn't worry about it, but I want it clear (like the brake fluid MC after I bled that, clear). So how do I do this so I can get all the fluid to be clean?

Here's what I thought of, just loosen the bleeder valve and pump all the clutch fluid out of the system (so it's bone dry)then clean out the sidewalls of the res and re-pressurize the system with fluid (just keep adding & pumping until it's squirting out the valve)...

Anybody have any ideas...this a good idea? Bad idea? Will I harm anything? Anybody have any alternate suggestions or advice?

Kinda pressed for time so any help fast is thx.

Appreciate it, thanks in advance!!
Old 12-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bleed clutch - help PLZ, need this done fast :( (Syndacate)

Somebody told me to simply unbolt the MC resevoir and turn it upside down, then re-pressurize the system, anybody ever done this before? Anything I need to watch out for?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just open the slave bleeder screw. Let all the fluid run out. its gonna take some time. Remove the res. and clean it up with some brake cleaner and reinstall it. Fill her up and bleed.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bleed clutch - help PLZ, need this done fast :( (Slamaccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slamaccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would just open the slave bleeder screw. Let all the fluid run out. its gonna take some time. Remove the res. and clean it up with some brake cleaner and reinstall it. Fill her up and bleed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, that's what I plan on doing. Can't do anything for three weeks though (when I go on christmas break as there's nothing worth of "space" here at the college).

Though this really is the least of my worries as my car's MAJOR trippin, think there's a coolant leak, brake is making some clicking sound (which nobody knows wtf it is), throwing fuel cel (43) (which nobody knows wtf it is).

Don't need this **** going into winter.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:05 PM
#1 Super Guy

Received 124 Likes on 118 Posts

Just take the reservoir off & clean it out with soap & water. Once it's completely dry, reinstall it & bleed the system again. You will have to bleed it again because air will get down into the master cylinder.

The grime is simply stuck to the walls of the reservoir and will not come off unless you physically rub it off. Also, make sure to let the thing dry completely because you don't want water in the system...
Old 12-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: bleed clutch - help PLZ, need this done fast :( (Slamaccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slamaccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would just open the slave bleeder screw. Let all the fluid run out. its gonna take some time. Remove the res. and clean it up with some brake cleaner and reinstall it. Fill her up and bleed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

this is how i've always done it.