Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

...Best Way to Secure your car...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the idea of hardwiring the prepaid cellphone to the car so it can be tracked...again, from the Honda Tuning article.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

all i can say is if they really really want it they'll find a way. but for me i have two pitbull walking around my yard. so if someone jumps in they are doom. plus those clubs and alarm
Old 11-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is there a write up for a kill switch somewhere? I'd like to add a few to my car, but don't have the know-how.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tons of good ideas in here me personally i have a viper alarm with a standalone gps tracking system 2 kill switches quick release and lock clutch lock have injector resistors wired into car and can remove the resistor box and locked in alarmed garage with camera's everynight lol yeah im paranoid
Old 11-20-2008, 05:50 PM
OG Tech

Originally Posted by drave
Is there a write up for a kill switch somewhere? I'd like to add a few to my car, but don't have the know-how.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/audio-security-video-27/%5Bhow-%5D-car-security-1794938/
Old 11-20-2008, 05:51 PM
OG Tech

Originally Posted by boostedblkef
tons of good ideas in here me personally i have a viper alarm with a standalone gps tracking system 2 kill switches quick release and lock clutch lock have injector resistors wired into car and can remove the resistor box and locked in alarmed garage with camera's everynight lol yeah im paranoid
You have to be when you own a Honda.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by D16SiHatch
best way hands down...

or better still

http://www.ballerride.com/2008/10/22...rghini-garage/
i got one of those myself and i got a removable steering wheel with lock hub and a wheel lock for front and back tires (only use this when im going some where and parking my car for a long time) and kill switch in my car BEST ALARM IS FROM THE DEALERSHIP ! HANDS DOWN ! thats about it o and beake lock i also have one for the clutch .... mycar only once been broken into at night they didnt see the tire locks and i guess when they jumped in they seen they were screwed lmao and nothing was taken stupid thiefs .. well you could never have enough security .... im still look for more inventions to add on
Old 11-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i have three cutoff switches that are hidden where none of my friends have ever found. i allso take out my ECU unplug the battery. disconnect the fuel pump.(no back seats but do have cloth coveing.) pull the ECU fuse. and about to install an alarm. not shure what just yet. o i also park like an inch from the house and my roommate has his up against my rear end. its an ex-cop car. lol.

and im planning on getting lazer cut locks and ignition so. theives go suck it...

Last edited by fryguy190; 11-20-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:17 PM

you guys have some really creative alarm systems thank you ill figure something out to protect my car
Old 11-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the more anti theif devices you have in your car the less likely a thief is to want to try and steal your car unless they really really really want it then they are gonna have to toll it away. When I inspect my car, I think like a theif and if theres a way to get thru then I will try and figure out a way to prevent it from happening..
Old 11-20-2008, 09:53 PM

yea true i just bought my 93 honda civic coupe and the first thing i want to do iz get started on security because where i live hondaz get taken all the time.......does anyone know where i can get a kill switch??
Old 11-20-2008, 10:04 PM
quicchatch253

Originally Posted by lee0149
all i can say is if they really really want it they'll find a way. but for me i have two pitbull walking around my yard. so if someone jumps in they are doom. plus those clubs and alarm
and you think this would work? haha...."good" thieves Carry weapons wid dem and would kill the dogs haha...
Old 11-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ahaha this thread is the shyt..cracks me up..but loving the ideas..taking a few to put more security on my car..and yes my 30-06 that i snipe deers at 100+yds inside my closet..ahahah
Old 11-21-2008, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol. i have a shotty under my bed with buckshot loaded. and if i dont kill em. well a deer slug is sitting right next to it.... LOL
Old 11-21-2008, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say a wheel boot could be the best security.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wheel boots suck
Old 11-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Since OP is in San Diego don't own a Honda/Acura

You won't have be paranoid everyday thinking if your precious little Honda/Acura is still parked where you left it last.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had my 04 GSXR 600 stolen from me 2years ago and then I had my 00 SI stolen from me a year and a half ago and refused to let it happen again.

I now own another 99 SI but This time I have a viper alarm with the viper add on GPS tracking. Would be good enough for most but not for me. I am MECP certified and I hooked up a **** ton of relays and kill switches that you have to activate or NOT activate in order to start my car.

First thing when I get into my car I have a magnet on my keychain that I have to wave by a magnetic relay which is hidden behind plastic This one turns on the main relay. Then I have two more kill switches that are all buttons that are already factory in the car to turn on the fuel pump and finally the starter. I also have a semi hidden kill switch in the car that when switched on because the person might think it's a kill switch will kill the main relay and then blow a fuse so that the switch can't be turned back the other way. Therefore once they find out that there is a kill switch and find the dummy switch and flip it the car can't go anywhere even if I know what to do when I get back in the car until I replace the fuse.

Just some helpful hints but I don't want to give all the details for obvious reasons. I think the best part is the GPS and the magnet becuase not every thief is going to be walking around with a magnet in their pocket.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:22 AM
HT White Ops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fryguy190
lol. i have a shotty under my bed with buckshot loaded. and if i dont kill em. well a deer slug is sitting right next to it.... LOL
Um... you don't have to "kill em", you know?

That's the great thing about wheel guns (revolvers):
  • First two rounds: snake shot
  • Last four rounds: hollow points
Kinda silly to dispatch somebody over a car theft, IMHO!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:00 PM

thatz alot of killswitches but does anyone know where i can get one for my EG????
Old 11-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Quoted from B20

"Kill switches are great. Hiding or disusing the switch is key But I have some people put kill switches in obvious places... like the dash. Seriously... a big red aftermarket switch on the dash.. I mean why even bother? Another obvious spot is the lower drivers kick panel... almost always there. This is where you need to be creative for this to work! I have seen some guys run it into a OEM switch.. or run it so something else would have to be done to start the car. Like parking lights would need to be on to start it... maybe the defrost ect. So the idea of the kill switch is to kill the engine... there are a few ways to do this... switch the pump.. ignition ect. My favorite is the main relay. If you kill power to the main relay all sorts of things will not work. The luxury about this, is that the thief will have a hard tome finding this out cause of where the relay is. And remember just as you hide your switch.. you MUST do this with the wiring as well. Aftermarket wiring sticks out and is easily traced... the more OEM it looks the better."
Old 11-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just keep her leashed to the car at all times wont nobody go near her she's a beast!

Old 11-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe_hybrid
I just keep her leashed to the car at all times wont nobody go near her she's a beast!

LOL

Old 11-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ew man
Old 11-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a quick release, clutchlock, autopage alarm, and i use the club to lock my ebrake and shifter in 3rd gear. Park you car inwards all the time and turn the wheels either to one side. This way its harder to tow. More security to come (killswitches, boot etc.) im also diggin that ugly *** bitch up there.. ultimate protection..lol

Quick Reply: ...Best Way to Secure your car...