Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Best theft deterent stereo wise

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best theft deterent stereo wise

So i was given a warning from my friend, that my stereo equipment in my hatch was gonna get stolen this week. It's a '93 hatchback.. its not much of a set-up, pioneer 12", mtx 280 watt amp, and jvc deck. I took out the sub/amp tonight because im scared now. But i hate the fact that i have bumps, and i can't bump becuase of some cheap ****** doesn't wanna work for his stuff. Does an alarm system go good with hatchbacks? the best way in is probably through the hatch .. what about is there a way to lock the hatch so it not openable or stop the rear seats from folding?

thanx
Old 02-20-2002, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best theft deterent stereo wise (bigmike)

W0W! some friend you got there...
Old 02-20-2002, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Best theft deterent stereo wise (B_zurC)

LOL.. well it wasn't my friend who's gonna steal it. He was talking with some chick he works with, and she apparently is hard core into stealing systems. And she was saying she's got her eye on a couple of cars that go to my school. She's like there's a teal green hatchback with a 12", and my buddy's like " uh.. i wouldn't jack that car.. he my friend" and so on... but i am still paranoid that it will happen.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Best theft deterent stereo wise (B_zurC)

some friends are good to hvae like that, they get you paranoid to where ur **** doesn't get stolen at all. i have a 93 coupe so it's alot less complicated with alarms because if some one opens the trunk, hood or any door, or for some reason go thru the sunroof i have sensors from every opening so they are screwed, with hb's u have a tailgate and the window open ****....and i dunno what u'd do as far as the rear goes, but i know it's easy as hell to open that window in the rear....i would go to a few (not just one) places that installs alarms. i'll ask a friend too who has a 92 cx with all that **** and he installs alarms, then i'll post here
Old 02-20-2002, 10:40 PM

LOL.. well it wasn't my friend who's gonna steal it. He was talking with some chick he works with, and she apparently is hard core into stealing systems. And she was saying she's got her eye on a couple of cars that go to my school. She's like there's a teal green hatchback with a 12", and my buddy's like " uh.. i wouldn't jack that car.. he my friend" and so on... but i am still paranoid that it will happen.
okay, heres what you do...assuming that your'e a man...you walk up and pop that bitch in the mouth...nuff said...
Old 02-20-2002, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Best theft deterent stereo wise (Slo_Teg)

yes alarm=good but its pointless unless you get a battery backup and at least 1 extra siren
i have the siren that came with the alarm and 3 mini piezos. put it this way. if your in the car and the alarm goes off your ears will bleed. ive had the unforutionate opportunity to have it go off with me just outside and windows down
was very painful to say the least
put 1 in the trunk and 2 on the interior.
theres a point where a thief wont risk hearing damage for your ****.
Old 02-20-2002, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Best theft deterent stereo wise (Slo_Teg)

haha, man or woman, if u know who is "talkin" bout jackin ur car, tell them "you touch my **** and they'll get killed".
1 thing i've found to be funny (i've had my days back then) is when a jacker sees ur car and sees two 12's sittin there, and hatches bein easy to get into, **** won't be hard to get. i would get a car cover for 1....and 2....write a note on a piece of paper saying "smile for the camera". when i saw that back in the days i was thinking "o ****, and bounced"....cuz even if u don't have a camera watching the car, they are gonna think there is one and they are gonna try and find it to take it out, but can't find it cuz there isnt one, so they'll leave.

as for Kamin, good point, i have battery backup, very very useful, and also the same amount of sirens...just arming and disarming my car echos thruout the neighborhood...let alone it goes off and it really hurts my ears. not only that, but when i have the pager too, and every time i go to bed, i put the pager by my ear on a shelf, and even the pager is loud, so i'll hear both the siren and pager goin off very loud....i'll come out with my bro and beat the **** out 'em.

[Modified by poison, 1:13 AM 2/21/2002]
Old 02-21-2002, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Best theft deterent stereo wise (poison)

how'd u put in those extra sirens? someone broke into my 93 hatch on valentines day. they just pulled out the window and reached in and unlocked the door. damn bastards. they're hella amateur too cuz the alarm went off and they ran away. my door was wide open too. i hate thieves!
Old 02-21-2002, 12:51 AM
DSC

Default Re: Best theft deterent stereo wise (Slow&Furious)

A big dog. Or park somewhere very visable, with a loud *** alarm.
Course the dog system works well too. Gotta worry about the poop though
Better yet take your stuff out.

[Modified by DSC, 9:51 AM 2/21/2002]
Old 02-21-2002, 02:58 AM
New User

Default Re: Best theft deterent stereo wise (DSC)

they can break your rear hatch window and pull out your ****
or window blend your driver door and kill your brain
or just park it inside
Old 02-21-2002, 06:33 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Best theft deterent stereo wise (95hatchy)

if your wondering if its possible to make an alarm go off when your hatch glass door is opened then yes it will go off.. i had my viper 800 esp alarm on old 92 si and it went off when the door was opened.. just make sure that who ever installs it, knows what they are doing and everythign will work correctly..
Old 02-21-2002, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have your friend mention this to the campus/school narc's!!! With the girls description (hell a damn picture) that way when she does come by to snag the **** they follow her and bust her stupid stealing ***.

Or do it the easy way and cut her hands off!!!
Old 02-21-2002, 06:51 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you do your own installation? If you install a few "L" brackets and bolts to bolt down the puppy, it may slow them down. Use nuts and bolts that are of odd sizes.

Imagine trying to take a sub that is bolted down to the seat back, for example. Yes, they may still do it given the time, but with the alarm going, they won't have the time to deal with that.

It doesn't take a lot, just a few. Timing is a big factor. If they have to stop and think extra on what to do, that's too much time.

I don't know enough about installation to advise you. But you can figure it out.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best theft deterent stereo wise (GoLowDrew)

Even with alarms my **** has been jacked a few times, so the best theft
deterrent that I've found-----drumroll please, don't have one, my car has
been left alone with the simple fact that I don't have a stereo while the
car next to mine has been broken into. I know they looked at my car first
b/c it was a lot nicer than the other cars around it.
Old 02-23-2002, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Best theft deterent stereo wise (DSC)

said it befor and ill say it again..yogi and puff..puff: 70 lb bitch shepherd, yogi: 130lbs of teeth they ll bite ur leg off then **** down ur throat..a good deterent to two brothas that tried to jack my stereo