Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Best suspenion?? IE -Lower Tie bar / sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best suspenion?? IE -Lower Tie bar / sway bar

Whats everyone favorite tie bar and sway bar combo, I'm getting my 5 bolt soon, so I'm gonna grab some SRR LCA's and prolly some sway/ tie bars.

WHich ones are really good for the money?
Old 02-09-2004, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Best suspenion?? IE -Lower Tie bar / sway bar (Sassafrass)

I can sell you my skunk2 sway bar & tie bar. What car is this for?
Old 02-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best suspenion?? IE -Lower Tie bar / sway bar (Takeoff)

Its for my 93 hatch with 5 bolt if that makes a difference, but I guess it wont, cause I wont be using the ITR LCA's
Old 02-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Comptech rear tie plus 3 way adjustable 22mm bar is the best setup you can get...hands down.

And don't complain about the 400 dollar price...it's probably one of the best suspension mods you could do
Old 02-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best suspenion?? IE -Lower Tie bar / sway bar (Emerika)

Where would be the best place to buy this?
Old 02-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Everyone here on H-T seems to like the Comptech Sway + Tie Bar combo. But they can be expensive. It only expensive because their lower tie bar is solid 1/2" of billet aluminum aluminum which helps prevent your subframe from tearing and it is also adjustable. You can also go with the Beaks kit with an ITR sway bar and get a tie bar. That seems to be a good setup for the money. Or you can try SRR sway and tie bar combo it is not as beefy as the Comptech 22mm vs. SRR 19mm. But it does the job. The 22mm of course will be a stronger bar overall. But the 19mm will also the job as well. Some have said that 22 is necesarry while others say that 22mm is overkill and can even cause damage to the frame during hardcore racing. Either way Comptech, SRR, or the ITR with Beaks kit you cant go wrong.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best suspenion?? IE -Lower Tie bar / sway bar (Eg6_RcR)

its all up to what you need and your driving style. I mean if we are talking about racing and the best for handleing two car car have completly different setup (suspension wise) and still run damn near identical lap times. the key is to get what suits you. and the only way you can find out is by trying different setups.

Personally i have the SRR wit the 19mm, and GC with 450f/350r with AGX and a spoon front strut bar. after adding the SRR i found that my driving style cause my back end to kick out ( i would always lift on the throttle mid corner) ( this isn't good to begin with) so i changed up but i feel that the 21mm would make me *** crazy. but im going to be switching up the spring rates, trying out the SRR, and then the Comptech to see what i like.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Default Re: Best suspenion?? IE -Lower Tie bar / sway bar (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Personally i have the SRR wit the 19mm, and GC with 450f/350r with AGX and a spoon front strut bar. after adding the SRR i found that my driving style cause my back end to kick out ( i would always lift on the throttle mid corner) ( this isn't good to begin with) .</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's fun tho isnt it
Old 02-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well from the sounds of it, I think I'm only going to need a 19mm bar, my car is basically just daily driver which will hopefully meet some ciruit this year but not a ton.

Plus the SRR LCA's and strut brace and sway bar is all $425 shipped, so I'm leaning towards that
Old 02-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** the LCAs.
**** the tie bars.

Get a Comptech rear swaybar for $375.

Drive thru.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best suspenion?? IE -Lower Tie bar / sway bar (SkyeC)

I think $375 might be a bit much for my budget for just a sway bar.
But I'll have to look into it for sure.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Solbros Owns Me

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sassafrass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think $375 might be a bit much for my budget for just a sway bar.
But I'll have to look into it for sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

375 is for the sway/tie combo
Old 02-09-2004, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

375 is for the sway/tie combo</TD></TR></TABLE>

and for the other $50, locate you a used set of integra lcas.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Best suspenion?? IE -Lower Tie bar / sway bar (=GAMEOVA=)

Just FYI.
passwordjdm.com has both the 22mm and 23mm rear swaybar with what looks like all of the mounting hardware. There are pics on the page it wouldint let me link them.

22mm=$79
23mm=$99

Note: I dunno if these are the best prices. So look around. But I do know if you go to acura and buy everything new it will cost more than $150
Old 02-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

... why are you getting the 5lug?
is there a specific wheel you want that you can only get in 5lug?

if not.. then its just a waste of money imo.

spend that dough on some better suspension
Old 02-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

Yup there is a specific wheel, the stock ITR wheel, and the 4 wheel disc upgrade.
Personally I would rather spend the money on the 5 bolt. I like it, thats enough for me.

But so you know up here in Canada, I dont know about where you are, a GSR 4 wheel disc brake conversion is $750.
Add after market rims and tires ( I dont like any 4 botl OEM wheels) and your looking at almost the same price as the 5 bolt.

So you can go ahead and hate on the 5 lug, but it doesnt bother me, I like it, always have, people who actauly have done it say its worth the money.

Thanks for your opinion though, everyone is entitled to one

Just curious though, if I was to buy the comptech sway/tie bar combo etc..
and you say not to buy the 5 bolt getting something better, what would you suggest?????

func-tion - Thanks for that info, I'll check it out!
Old 02-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best suspenion?? IE -Lower Tie bar / sway bar (=GAMEOVA=)

Ohh ya, is there any difference between teg and eg LCA's?

Also the reason I was going to buy SRR LCA's was cause I cant use the ITR ones from the 5 bolt because of my SRR coilovers wont work.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Best suspenion?? IE -Lower Tie bar / sway bar (Eg6_RcR)

Where can one get a beaks kit? Is this for front only? What about rear, I have a 93 hatch, cx i think. what kind of rear will work?
Old 02-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Boba Connoisseur

Default Re: (Sassafrass)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sassafrass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
and you say not to buy the 5 bolt getting something better, what would you suggest?????
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you're a ricer so I retract my previous comment. Get something colorful instead.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SkyeC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkyeC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think you're a ricer so I retract my previous comment. Get something colorful instead. </TD></TR></TABLE>

OK

But getting back to the topic on hand.........

KarbinFourteen- there was a post in the "sponsor market" that was selling beaks kit. If I'm right you will only need it for a ITR rear sway bar. You'll need one for a 92-95 civic. I think
Old 02-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you search dude there is a couple post on here with people ripping the subframe with the 22 and 23 with a beaks.

and to all the **** TARDS saying one is the BEST your stupid. You don't know how he drives, how his car is setup, and what his car is used for.

I have driven cars with the comptech and i didn't like how it affected the car. now thats not on my car. but i like how the 19mm bar effected the handeling of my car, still is *** happy if you not carefull. But im not going to say the the 22mm bar sucks, ive never used it and the 19mm is all i have used. and so far i love it. Now unless you have had both the 19mm and the 22mm on your car then i don't think you can really say which is better, with facts to back it up but of course you can always spout off you opinion.

Over the summer i plan to purchase the comptech setup and use it. then i will be able to say which on i like on my car. but i still can't tell this guy to go and get it because he probably drives differently then me and has different purpose for his car.

so i say stop posting worthless bullshit about what you bout trying to justifie the money you spent. if you have the other setup sure go ahead say you have and say how much you like but don't knock this guy for wanting something different

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Emerika &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it's fun tho isnt it </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes it is but it anit gona get me around the track any faster
Old 02-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sassafrass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup there is a specific wheel, the stock ITR wheel, and the 4 wheel disc upgrade.
Personally I would rather spend the money on the 5 bolt. I like it, thats enough for me.

But so you know up here in Canada, I dont know about where you are, a GSR 4 wheel disc brake conversion is $750.
Add after market rims and tires ( I dont like any 4 botl OEM wheels) and your looking at almost the same price as the 5 bolt.

So you can go ahead and hate on the 5 lug, but it doesnt bother me, I like it, always have, people who actauly have done it say its worth the money.

Thanks for your opinion though, everyone is entitled to one

func-tion - Thanks for that info, I'll check it out!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ahh, hey sounds like a solid plan to me
i just hate it when people dump all that money into a 5lug setup, just to see 5 lugs on their wheels

your plan sounds propper to me though,
and the comptech sway/tie is one of the best. I love its tie bar especially.
alot better than an ITR bar with beaks kit.
I've seen subframes tear WITH the beaks kit.
but that comptech tie bar is so solid, I dont see anything like that ever happening.

might I recommend getting some wheels spacers and extended lugs then.
so you get the benifits of a wider stance, like you would with an aftermarket wheels offset. should be able to do it for under 100bux.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Solbros Owns Me

people put too much faith in the Beaks kit IMO

it would be a nice mod with a GSR sway....but going to a 22mm sway with a non-sway subframe....I would build my own tie bar or support setup.

I'm going to anyways even tho I'm running a 14
Old 02-09-2004, 04:57 PM

Default Re:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KarbinFourteen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Where can one get a beaks kit? Is this for front only? What about rear, I have a 93 hatch, cx i think. what kind of rear will work?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.beaksproducts.com
Think they are for the rear only and you still need to get endlinks I think.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sassafrass &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Ohh ya, is there any difference between teg and eg LCA's?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

From what Ive read only the eg sedans came with rear lca's that had bolt holes for for sway bar, All 94-01 dc lca's have the hole for a sway bar, and another option is some delsol's came with rear lcas that had the hole.

Old 02-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey, thanks allot everyone for your input, most of it information except for one user

Anyways, I think I have decided to go with a 19mm bar right now. I dont think I'll need that bigger bar as of yet, but eventually in the future I certainly may.

Quick Reply: Best suspenion?? IE -Lower Tie bar / sway bar