Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

best intake and lowering springs for del sol

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best intake and lowering springs for del sol

hey i plan on gettin a cold ait intake and lowering springs for my 93 del sol. and sorry for the NooB'ness. but id like to know wut is gonna be best! i want the intake to make noise. since i dont have enough for an exaust system yet. and ive seen pics of some intake that looks like a freakin whale ***** on del sols. wut kind is that? and also im only gonna have about $400. ok anyway. help please!

this is that big intake im talkin about. wut kind is it? does it sound good? is IT good? yea ok bye!

Modified by del sol: LEDGEND KILLER! at 3:30 PM 11/8/2004

Modified by del sol: LEDGEND KILLER! at 3:39 PM 11/8/2004
Old 11-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: best intake and lowering springs for del sol (del sol: LEDGEND KILLER!)

eibach is the best.

Old 11-08-2004, 02:23 PM

Default Re: best intake and lowering springs for del sol (del sol: LEDGEND KILLER!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...38634
is this a good intake? wuts the difference between a cold air intake and a short ram intake? wuts better?
Old 11-08-2004, 02:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

A CAI(cold air intake) sucks in cold air, hence the name cold air intake. In civic's (I dont know about del sols) the filter element is inside the fender away from the heat of the engine. A short ram is just like taking the stock filter box off and putting a cone (or whatever shape you like) filter on the end of it, but with better pipping. Short rams are inside the engine bay close to heat from the engine.

As for which is better, it depends on what kind of gains(which are very minimal on stock engines) you want. With a CAI you will see more gains in the upper rpm range. And with a short ram, you will see more gains in the mid rpm range. There are tons of threads about them, just do a search.

Edit: that isn't an exhaust that is the intake. And it is a Fake J's intake. From what I've read they are extremely loud.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:40 PM

Get an ICEMAN intake. They're awsome. Made from a plastic instead of a Metal. Makes a sweet sound when you gun the gas too!

Best lowering springs are H&R racing springs.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best intake and lowering springs for del sol (SweetSol)

that intake on ebay is fine, just replace the filter they give you with a K&N filter. Also be wary, that is not really a mugen intake, its just a generic intake with a mugen sticker.

The "***** shaped" intakes are all fake J's racing intakes.

Dont forget, because a CAI is low to the ground, if you live in an area where it rains a lot i would not suggest getting it. If water gets sucked in say goodbye to your engine.

An intake will cost you about $100 off ebay, the intake + shipping + good filter.

That leaves you about $300 for lowering, get eibach sportlines, theyll run you a little over 300 after shipping. http://www.nopionline.com/nopi...g.jpg

Old 11-08-2004, 02:56 PM

Default Re: best intake and lowering springs for del sol (SweetSol)

I have the J's knock-off and I love it. It's a little on the loud side (thats what you want, right?) so you'll love it too.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best intake and lowering springs for del sol (95_Ej2)

i had H&R springs on mine and I loved them, they weren't the race springs though. The reason I went with them was one they were H&R (quality stuff) and two they had specific spring rates for the del sol, not some civic springs that fit a del sol.

just my .02
Old 11-08-2004, 03:26 PM

Default Re: best intake and lowering springs for del sol (turbo sol)

i'm happy with my neuspeeds... and i'm also happy with my Original AEM CAI.. dont spend over even 200 on springs... you can find the same springs somewhere else cheaper....
Old 11-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: best intake and lowering springs for del sol (hondainspired)

Here's the J's knockoff if anyone wants it. http://www.sportcompactonly.co...&s=16
Old 11-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best intake and lowering springs for del sol (chowmien)

Old 11-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 11-08-2004, 03:59 PM

Default Re: best intake and lowering springs for del sol (DOHC4life)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHC4life &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A CAI(cold air intake) sucks in cold air, hence the name cold air intake. In civic's (I dont know about del sols) the filter element is inside the fender away from the heat of the engine. A short ram is just like taking the stock filter box off and putting a cone (or whatever shape you like) filter on the end of it, but with better pipping. Short rams are inside the engine bay close to heat from the engine.

As for which is better, it depends on what kind of gains(which are very minimal on stock engines) you want. With a CAI you will see more gains in the upper rpm range. And with a short ram, you will see more gains in the mid rpm range. There are tons of threads about them, just do a search.

Edit: that isn't an exhaust that is the intake. And it is a Fake J's intake. From what I've read they are extremely loud. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought short rams gave power in the high rpm range and CAI gave power in the mid to high rpm range. Also that that CAI gives better gains than a short ram intake but has a slower response than a short ram.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Springs, Tanabe Sustec Df's
Old 11-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: best intake and lowering springs for del sol (slowdx9585)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowdx9585 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!

Like everyone said, get a cheap intake (CAI or short ram, your choice) and put a good filter on there.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chowmien &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's the J's knockoff if anyone wants it. http://www.sportcompactonly.co...&s=16</TD></TR></TABLE>
this web site says they dont have any to fit a del sol. they only have ones for a civic. will the civic fake J intake fit in a del sol???? and can someone verify where the J intake would give any power. either in the low, mid, or high rpm range?

also since i dont have an exaust. will the intake kinda sound like a good exaust? since every one is saying its loud!

or does anyone have an audio clip of thier car with the J or fake J intake?

im very happy all of u are helping me with this!
Old 11-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=del sol: LEDGEND KILLER!]and ive seen pics of some intake that looks like a freakin whale ***** on del sols. QUOTE]

funny my ***** looks exact the same way!!!!........j/k
Old 11-08-2004, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: best intake and lowering springs for del sol (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">eibach is the best.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

neuspeed sport or race is teh betterbestess'ses (product of eibach) and AEM CAI
Old 11-08-2004, 07:55 PM

Tein S.Tech are the best .I have some brand new in the box.$165
Old 11-09-2004, 08:26 AM

Default Re: (fastsol)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Eibach!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:48 AM

Old 11-09-2004, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del sol: LEDGEND KILLER! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
this web site says they dont have any to fit a del sol. they only have ones for a civic. will the civic fake J intake fit in a del sol???? and can someone verify where the J intake would give any power. either in the low, mid, or high rpm range?

also since i dont have an exaust. will the intake kinda sound like a good exaust? since every one is saying its loud!

or does anyone have an audio clip of thier car with the J or fake J intake?

im very happy all of u are helping me with this! </TD></TR></TABLE>

as long as you have a side port intake manifold then it will fit