Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Been 2 months..about to resort to something stupid..help with my oil leak problem...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been 2 months..about to resort to something stupid..help with my oil leak problem...

Alright..I'm going to keep it short and sweet because I just don't give a **** anymore.

I bought a 94 Del sol 2 months ago..I guess that was my first problem right there...

Built B16A making 200hp, new bushings, brakes, tokico blues...all that ****. I didn't know ANYTHING about hondas and from what I saw..it looked great. I bought it.

Take it for an alignment. Wheel bearings bad. Start to rip it apart..so is every****ingthing else. Upper & lower ball joints, inner & outter tie rods, wheel bearings, upper control arms got replaced just because..

Get an alignment and realize I can't go over 60 because my wheels are bent.

Buy a set of used 16" wheels..

Find out that the "little" oil leak the p.o. told me about was a hell of a ****ing lie. I was a qt low after a week or so. I was parking on gravel so didn't notice.

Replaced the oil pan gasket 4 times using different rtv combinations and ****..woops warped pan. Buy a new one (its a moroso...aka not cheap).. woops overtightened it because my torque wrench sucks dick. Not warrantied, so I buy another one. Sealed perfectly.

****in still leaking oil. Mind you the cars been on jack stands for 2 months and I have only driven it for one mother ****ing week...some dd its been..

I take everything off and black light the bitch...its leaking from the oil pump.

I basically have 2 options here..

A) Bite the bullet, do it right..er. Pull the pan and everything else, replace the pump and/or seal and live happily ever after if it actually works.

B) Say **** it and JB weld the **** out of it. I know it doesn't look good by any means but I am really leaning towards this.

Normally, and even now, part of me wants to go route A. Its just that with this car it seems even doing things the best way possible doesn't work. That oil pan took absolutely everything out of me..

Will Jb weld/quicksteel work?

I am at a loss..

Oh, its got the stock oil pump if it matters..the only reason why I mention this is because I'm going turbo soon and might benefit from upgrading the pump..

/rant

Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Been 2 months..about to resort to something stupid..help with my oil leak problem

I'm going to say if it's something you plan to keep long term especially turbo then fix it right. If it's just in a pinch and temporary JB weld would be fine. I've seen people JBweld cracks in their tranny. I assume this area doesn't get hot enough to burn off the JB?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Been 2 months..about to resort to something stupid..help with my oil leak problem

You should just do it right the first so you wont have to the second time around. Buying the del sol wasnt your 1st mistake not inspecting it correctly was!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by virgineg6
You should just do it right the first so you wont have to the second time around.
Woulda, shoulda, couldn't.

Originally Posted by NACvicSi
I'm going to say if it's something you plan to keep long term especially turbo then fix it right. If it's just in a pinch and temporary JB weld would be fine. I've seen people JBweld cracks in their tranny. I assume this area doesn't get hot enough to burn off the JB?
Cars getting sold in Oct. when I ship out to boot.

Its not really a pinch..just not sure if I want to go through all of the effort of resealing with hondabond just for it to possibly not seal up again.

Have jbweld on my tranny, lmao

Withstands 500F..engine better not be getting that hot..