Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

bad timing?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad timing?????

I did a b16a swap into my 90 crx dx and it is running unbelievably rich (like a coating of black stuff on the back of my car) when I first take off the car is real sluggish until above 4000 rpm then its fine after that. I'm running a chipped PR3 ecu and I have a virgin PW0 ecu. The only code I'm getting are for knock sensor. They both do the same thing. I have changed the O2 sensors and the injectors however it is the same problem. It almost seems like the ecu is giving a constant pulse to the injectors putting to much gas. It hits Vtec fine and other than the rich problem its great. I'm thinking that its the timing, because when I went to check the timing on the car its not even showing the red or white mark at all. I twisted the dizzy and advanced the timing on the gun, however neither changed it I cant see the marks no matter what. I have figured that this is the major problem. I need to figure out whats wrong b4 gas goes above $5 a gallon because its killing me right now I only think I'm getting like 10 mpg. Can somebody help me without telling me to go buy an Vacf or hondata or anything like that I just need to know WTF is wrong.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:46 PM

Default Re: bad timing????? (90jdmcrxdude)

its doin this with both ecus? is the motor stock?
Old 05-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: bad timing????? (Ch3mik)

It does it with both ecus and its a stock motor, but I think I figured out the problem, the timing belt slipped a few teeth