Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Bad spot to run nitrous lines? (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad spot to run nitrous lines? (pics)

I'm running my nitrous lines and I'm paranoid about being around anywhere where it could pose a problem.. My first question is, ZEX sends zip ties to secure the line, is this strong enough to hold the line in place under the car? I've got even thicker ones as well. The other question, in these pics are the easiest spot I found to run my nitrous line, does this look bad? If I can get away with it I will, I'm worried about moving/flucuation parts. TIA

Old 03-19-2004, 11:21 AM
New User

Default Re: Bad spot to run nitrous lines? (IDriveAHonda)

Yeah, zip ties are the way to go!

The line looks fine. I would coat the line to protect from rust.

Or is that a stainless steal line? It should be... If it is rust is not an option.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you could just run the lines next to the stock fuel or brake lines
Old 03-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (dantastic)

thats looks good, run it with your factory hard lines for the rest of the wayback.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:34 PM
New User

In the 2 setups of Zex i have done, I ran both with the lines inside the plastic matting up against the center of the car and it works perfect! no loose slack or anything like that either. all you have to do is unscrew the screws so you can push the nitrous line inside the plastic piece and run the line to the front of your car! Works great and somewhat hides the lines! Good luck and enjoy
Old 03-19-2004, 04:36 PM

you could have just ran it threw the inside of car mine zex kit.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Re: (Icey112)

ah, that is EXTREMLY unsafe and at many drag strips will not allow a car to run like that. The line is under EXTREME pressure and if they ever happen to burst, you would be dead by the end of the quarter mile.

Is it likely to break? No, they dont brake often, but they have been known to break.
Old 03-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (asmallsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by asmallsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ah, that is EXTREMLY unsafe and at many drag strips will not allow a car to run like that. The line is under EXTREME pressure and if they ever happen to burst, you would be dead by the end of the quarter mile.

Is it likely to break? No, they dont brake often, but they have been known to break. </TD></TR></TABLE>

how would he die?? n2o is not a flamable gas.. it is just under pressure... i've known a kid who had his nitrous bottle in the trunk of his civic and somehow ( i dont know what or how it happend) the bottle exploded i guess... you could see the quater panels pushed out by the pressure..

this is not bullshit... i saw the car with my own eyes but i didnt get to talk to the owner.. another person told me what happend...

im guessing it would be worst to run the lines inside the car incase of a malfunction...
Old 03-19-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Re: (hadehatch)

it is not the flameability, nore the pressure. It is the toxicty (Sp?) of the gas. The entire cabin would fill up with extremly dence n2o gas, which would cause you to ixfixiate (sp againg?) in a very short periord of time.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

right.. that thought slipped my mind.. but im sure if you hear the line burst you can open the window or get the f out..
Old 03-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bad spot to run nitrous lines? (IDriveAHonda)

not to mention it would instantly rupture both of your ear drums from the increased pressure, but i would recommend running nect to your fuel lines those have volatile gas in them and they are safe but thats my opinion
Old 03-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by asmallsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it is not the flameability, nore the pressure. It is the toxicty (Sp?) of the gas. The entire cabin would fill up with extremly dence n2o gas, which would cause you to ixfixiate (sp againg?) in a very short periord of time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Asphyxiate . And it's only toxic (to the point of death or brain damage) if you're in a completely sealed environment. Otherwise, it'll do exactly what "laughing gas" from the dentist does to you: get you high as a kite real fast (laughing gas = N20).
Old 03-19-2004, 06:10 PM

Default Re: (dantastic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dantastic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you could just run the lines next to the stock fuel or brake lines</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-19-2004, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Asphyxiate . And it's only toxic (to the point of death or brain damage) if you're in a completely sealed environment. Otherwise, it'll do exactly what "laughing gas" from the dentist does to you: get you high as a kite real fast (laughing gas = N20).</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah but that add that sulfur smell to the N20 for bottles to keep people from sniffing it......man that **** stinks!!!!
Old 03-19-2004, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Spade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeah but that add that sulfur smell to the N20 for bottles to keep people from sniffing it......man that **** stinks!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

my friend had a bottle and we opened it ****** around a couple of times... never smelled bad.. i didnt know that they put anything in it.. thats smart though..
Old 03-19-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Re: (hadehatch)

**** Zip Ties Hold My Hold Car Together THOSE things saved me so many times

Zip Ties OWN
Old 03-19-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Re: (Quad-Damge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**** Zip Ties Hold My Hold Car Together THOSE things saved me so many times

Zip Ties OWN</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? I Used To Do That A Lot Too Until I Realized Regular Nuts And Bolts Work Better.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:55 PM

Default Re: (Cheivic)

thats a really bad place. If your crossmember ever flexes, that line is either going to burst or crush.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lmao how would you rupture your eardrums lmao its not a completely pressure tight seal inside a fukin civic. dam
Old 03-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Asphyxiate . And it's only toxic (to the point of death or brain damage) if you're in a completely sealed environment. Otherwise, it'll do exactly what "laughing gas" from the dentist does to you: get you high as a kite real fast (laughing gas = N20).</TD></TR></TABLE>

or make you pass out/fall asleep<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hadehatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

n2o is not a flamable gas.. </TD></TR></TABLE>
um part of N2o gas mixture is oxygen, and if exposed to an open flame...... well use your imagination. in no way am i saying he is building a fire in his car.
Old 03-19-2004, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Huggy Bear)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Huggy Bear &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

get you high as a kite real fast (laughing gas = N20).
</TD></TR></TABLE>

im down.. but yea, run them with the fuel,brake lines under you whip.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Icey112)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Icey112 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you could have just ran it threw the inside of car mine zex kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yea
Old 03-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Huggy Bear &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
um part of N2o gas mixture is oxygen, and if exposed to an open flame...... well use your imagination. in no way am i saying he is building a fire in his car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i thought o2 was released when n2o was exposed to high heat.. such as inside an engine.. you may be right im not sure.. but when it says on the bottle "not flamable" it seems like its not likely to explode/ignite..
Old 03-20-2004, 12:13 PM

Default Re: (second edition)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by second edition &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im down.. but yea, run them with the fuel,brake lines under you whip. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What the **** does whip mean. I think that is seriously the dumbest term I have ever heard. I am guessing it means car? ah, car is a short word then "Whip" so why the **** do you use the word whip. Whip is a sexual device for kinky people, or used to tame lions. If your using your car as a sexual devise, you should really get your car servised soon.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Huggy Bear &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">um part of N2o gas mixture is oxygen, and if exposed to an open flame...... well use your imagination. in no way am i saying he is building a fire in his car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oxygen is also part of H20... does that burn? No. It doesn't work that way.
If something burns it reacts with oxygen. water is burnt hydrogen en rust is very slowly burnt (oxidated) iron (F for ferro)

Quick Reply: Bad spot to run nitrous lines? (pics)