Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B20 CRV Clip

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B20 CRV Clip

Does anyone know where I can find a front clip? Do I use the stock tranny from the crv into my car? (89 Dx Crx) Everything bolts directly in? Ecu, Harness, etc? Does anyone know where I can find a walk through on swapping a B series into a crx? With pictures and everything? I just got my 90 Crx back, I had a shop swap the B18c5 into it. But I want to do my Dxs work myself.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B20 CRV Clip (OniAznAngel)

Try the EF/CRX forum. Why do you want a whole front clip?
Old 03-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you have a c5 in your crx, and now you want a b20...ok...
Old 03-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B20 CRV Clip (xerox445)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xerox445 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you have a c5 in your crx, and now you want a b20...ok...</TD></TR></TABLE>

u dunt get it???? b20vtec with itr head and cams and valvetrain oOOoooOOOO sexy torquey mother that will be
Old 03-02-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Re: B20 CRV Clip (bruceHungLO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bruceHungLO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

u dunt get it???? b20vtec with itr head and cams and valvetrain oOOoooOOOO sexy torquey mother that will be </TD></TR></TABLE>

no i dont get it.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B20 CRV Clip (envision2teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envision2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

no i dont get it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

to u buddy ever think about how much a stock b20vtec pulls????? a freind of mine ran 12.8 on slicks in a hatch bone stock b20vtec with a gsr head imagine a itr head wit cams and valvetrain with the torque of a b20z block. better yet the power of the b20z with a built bottom end also. &lt;- me
Old 03-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think the guy(oringinal post) is talking about two different cars..

and no it will not plug right up...plus you will need a new tranny and mount kit...
Old 03-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B20 CRV Clip (DOHCtorTHRUST)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHCtorTHRUST &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think the guy(oringinal post) is talking about two different cars..

and no it will not plug right up...plus you will need a new tranny and mount kit...</TD></TR></TABLE>

but wouldnt the mount kit from his old itr swap fit into the b20????? also he already has a tranny from that swap.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bruceHungLO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but wouldnt the mount kit from his old itr swap fit into the b20????? also he already has a tranny from that swap. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, he has 2 different cars. One has a B18 swap, the other, he'd like to use to drop a B20 motor into.

Does anyone know where I can find a front clip? Do I use the stock tranny from the crv into my car? <U>(89 Dx Crx) </U>Everything bolts directly in? Ecu, Harness, etc? Does anyone know where I can find a walk through on swapping a B series into a crx? With pictures and everything? <U>I just got my 90 Crx back, I had a shop swap the B18c5 into it. But I want to do my Dxs work myself.</U>
Old 03-03-2004, 11:32 AM

rodrez...u r my hero... ^__^ Yes two different cars. Funny how I end up here huh? I started off a few yrs ago at 16 as a muscle head. 68 SS Chevelle, 396. Was my dads n didnt really need to do much but maintain it. But as of late after looking at all the new cars and all that wiring, its kind of confusing. But will never learn unless I screw up and try right? Was jsut asking for a walk through, and if anyone knew where I could source out a clip or complete change over. Yes the B18c5 in my 90 is a different car from my dx. I ask a lot of questions ^__^;;;. Reason also in another post i asked if anyone knew how to do a power steering conversion along with a swap, was cause for some reason my 90 crx has had it installed, Turns out my dads friends shop that did the install, oddly they specialize in low riders, domestic engine drop ins, and body work...as well took as much as they could from the front end ITR clip and squeezed stuff into the crx.

Just want to do my own work for the dx. Dont want to have a shop do it again. Wheres the fun then? Wouldnt have the satisfied feeling one gets from actually doing the work themself.

Thx for everyones post. Anyone elses 2 cents and ideas are welcomed, and any much need help would be appreciated thx!

Old 03-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (OniAznAngel)

as mentioned before, the EF forum would be a greater help, but everyone here at H-T is always willing to help

to start off, the only thing that you can use fromt he whole CRV clip is just the long block, everything else either doesnt fit or is not OBD compiant. as for the wiring, you have to convert it to multi port fuel injection whereas your old setup up is dual point( i hope this is the same as the hatches, correct me if im wrong). you can search in the EF forum for more info on that.

as far as dropping it in, heres a tip: on the driver side where the altenator sits... you might want to bang that frame in jsut a bit so it will clear the new altenator.. also alot of pple usually cut off the front tranny mount off of the subframe.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your gona put a vtec head on a bone stock b20 block. your stupid.

b20= low compression motor that is not supposed to rev all the way up to 8200rpms.

so basiclly your gona end up with a slow motor.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:09 PM

you know slammed_93_hatch, you shouldnt flame other HT Members. Calling someone out right stupid for ASKING questions. Last time I checked this was a Forum. For discussions and questions, and in general for people to find information and ideas. No need to call me stupid.

I just DONT know as much as you, if thats even accurate. Hence I posted a question to get some info. Slow? If its a complete motor, maybe so. But who said anything about keeping it whole? B20 bottom end with a gsr or itr head would up the compression yes?

Oh and lighter shafts with arias pistons rings etc etc would make faster rotations right?

If you cant give me anything constructive to learn from then plz by all means DO NOT post. Cause then obviously youre not as civil nor knowledge filled as some of the other nicer members on here.

Also, some people arent concerned with the extremes of 150mph+ runs like I am prone to in my Corvette. Some people just want a good ride, thats strong and stout. That can offer a gas efficient day to day car.

Going through a fully built 396 Chevelle, fully built Corvette, 2 built s2ks, a built 240sx, a mild prelude....might make me stupid. But maybe cause I want to actually do my own work and need info...maybe thats stupid? Though I didnt build my s2ks my older siblings just dont have the time anymore for cars. So forgive me slammed_93_hatch for turning to the forum.

Also sorry for getting mad over one word. Just because I asked some questions.

Old 03-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, I've seen a few B20/Vtec set ups with stock blocks, but usually a GSR head to bring the compression up a little bit, they make decent power, but a set of higher compression pistons will make a huge difference, and also give you the opportunity to swap out the stock rod bolts for some ARP's, as the LS and CRV rod bolts tend to stretch and eventually break. You don't have to rev the motor out to 8200 or above to make good power, as the torquey (well, torquey for a Honda) CRV block will give you plenty of pull in the midrange. Keeping the rev's to 8k would still be a lot of fun
Old 03-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OniAznAngel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you know slammed_93_hatch, you shouldnt flame other HT Members. Calling someone out right stupid for ASKING questions. Last time I checked this was a Forum. For discussions and questions, and in general for people to find information and ideas. No need to call me stupid.

I just DONT know as much as you, if thats even accurate. Hence I posted a question to get some info. Slow? If its a complete motor, maybe so. But who said anything about keeping it whole? B20 bottom end with a gsr or itr head would up the compression yes?

Oh and lighter shafts with arias pistons rings etc etc would make faster rotations right?

If you cant give me anything constructive to learn from then plz by all means DO NOT post. Cause then obviously youre not as civil nor knowledge filled as some of the other nicer members on here.

Also, some people arent concerned with the extremes of 150mph+ runs like I am prone to in my Corvette. Some people just want a good ride, thats strong and stout. That can offer a gas efficient day to day car.

Going through a fully built 396 Chevelle, fully built Corvette, 2 built s2ks, a built 240sx, a mild prelude....might make me stupid. But maybe cause I want to actually do my own work and need info...maybe thats stupid? Though I didnt build my s2ks my older siblings just dont have the time anymore for cars. So forgive me slammed_93_hatch for turning to the forum.

Also sorry for getting mad over one word. Just because I asked some questions.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

no you know what your right this is a forum to ask questions but this **** has been covered alot. so don't go asking redundent questions and the stupid comment was not direct at you is was directed at the guy who posted nummerous time about putting a vtec head a b20 block. no were in there did he say anything about modifiing the block. if he said vtec head on a built b20 block then i would have love to agree.

second off no not every wants to do your super cool 150mph run but if you don't want extremes then why are ya gona build a b20vtec?

and again i didn't call you stupid. i also don't care about the work you or your bro's do.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:10 PM

Who said a B20Vtect is extreme? :D Let me ask you this. Which would you rather drive for the sake of things. A Crx with a stock and weak engine. And just a daily beater. Or a Crx that is good on the short rides, and just a blast to drive cause it pulls nicely. I dont know how else to explain it, just that I want this rex to look nice, learn from building it, and have the power that i want to, just for the sake of how it feels to drive. Sorry if I was vague on my questions Slammed.

Old 03-03-2004, 11:45 PM

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your gona put a vtec head on a bone stock b20 block. your stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and again i didn't call you stupid.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, that sure makes a lot of sense.

Anyway OniAznAngel, good luck with your engine; sounds like it's going to be one mean ride.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slammed_93_hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slammed_93_hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your gona put a vtec head on a bone stock b20 block. your stupid.

b20= low compression motor that is not supposed to rev all the way up to 8200rpms.

so basiclly your gona end up with a slow motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe ur smoking crack i kno 2 people that did bone stock lsvtec and a bone stock crvtec and both of them went 12.8s all motor and they were given royal treatment on abuse and they still run today( been about over a year and change with both motors). **** even the magazines are showing the a stock crvtec with gsr head itr cams and hondata making 186@WHP... yea thats a slow motor
Old 03-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bruceHungLO)

you go cliff!
Old 03-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmotorsports.com topendmotorsports.com
Old 03-04-2004, 01:49 PM

I hate hms.... &gt;.&lt; Top end looks clean and reputable, thx Eclpze97

Old 03-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The b20vtec motor IS a somewhat extreme swap to do. It it NOT as simple as vtec head and b20block. I researched this for months because I was going to do it, but it is simply too expensive to do it right. Check http://www.b20vtec.com for a lot of good info. The bottom line is, as exciting as it seems to put an itr valvetrain and head on a b20 block, the block simply cannot handle it without a resleeve. The b20 sleeves are thinner than any other bseries motor, it just can't handle the high revs. There ARE people out there with running b20vtec on stock blocks, tuning is key, but overall even an ls motor is more practical. Just do your research first, im not telling you not to, I'm just telling you to know what your getting yourself into.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sickSOLvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sickSOLvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The b20vtec motor IS a somewhat extreme swap to do. It it NOT as simple as vtec head and b20block. I researched this for months because I was going to do it, but it is simply too expensive to do it right. Check http://www.b20vtec.com for a lot of good info. The bottom line is, as exciting as it seems to put an itr valvetrain and head on a b20 block, the block simply cannot handle it without a resleeve. The b20 sleeves are thinner than any other bseries motor, it just can't handle the high revs. There ARE people out there with running b20vtec on stock blocks, tuning is key, but overall even an ls motor is more practical. Just do your research first, im not telling you not to, I'm just telling you to know what your getting yourself into. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ive done some research into the whole thin sleeves on teh b20vtec setups and been asking people who have ran stock bottom end b20vtecs in all motor and they all had the same thing to say, nothing wrong with their setups jsut dont rev it beyond so and so. most of them are around 8700 rpms(which i dunt plan on it).
from what i have seen crvtecs i plan on building a mildy done head with a stock bottom b20z end with a vtec girdle and Vafc hack with prelude 310cc injectors. gsr head with no decking the head or cam adjustment. just ITR valvetrain and cams with a redline of 8400 rpms
the only people i have heard voice problems about the sleeves are all boosted b20vtecs and b20 non vtecs with stock bottom ends. but u are right tuning is a very big key when it comes to almost anything not stock tho