Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

b18c1 specs

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b18c1 specs

ok, so as a few of you know i am doing a b18c1 turbo kit into my delsol (engine swap and all). now, the b18c1 came out of a 94 integra gsr (obviously) and i finally got it out of the car, and torn down ready for rebuild. i was wanting to upgrade my pistons but when i started looking out there i had no way of knowing which to get. does anyone know the stock bore and compression? and should the turbo pistoons i buy be the same bore and compression as the factory originals were since they were obviously NOT turbo to begin with ? thanks for the help guys.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Re: b18c1 specs (Alibasteous)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alibasteous &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok, so as a few of you know i am doing a b18c1 turbo kit into my delsol (engine swap and all). now, the b18c1 came out of a 94 integra gsr (obviously) and i finally got it out of the car, and torn down ready for rebuild. i was wanting to upgrade my pistons but when i started looking out there i had no way of knowing which to get. does anyone know the stock bore and compression? and should the turbo pistoons i buy be the same bore and compression as the factory originals were since they were obviously NOT turbo to begin with ? thanks for the help guys. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, the idea of changing your pistons for turbo is so that you decrease your compression ratio... is that what you meant?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:24 PM

Default Re: b18c1 specs (professor poon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by professor poon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, the idea of changing your pistons for turbo is so that you decrease your compression ratio... is that what you meant?</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's not THE idea, it's AN idea.

stock bore size for all bseries other than b20 is 81mm

compression is something you will have to determine on your own
Old 02-14-2006, 07:31 PM

Default Re: b18c1 specs (Alibasteous)

i just recently did mine. first off your want to make sure that you have good clyinder walls to work with. bring it to the machine shop and have them check the clyinder bore for taper or too much wear. then have them try to clean it by honing it. that is how you really find out if you can stick with standard bore or if you have to go with over size. if you're going to build the block do it right the first time. and if you're going to use a block gaurd than i recomend putting that in first cause i have heard of them distorting the clyinders.