Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

b18c into a 94 civic, wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default b18c into a 94 civic, wiring problems

I have 4 extra sensors in all ? Anyone know if that is right, also there is no starter cable with the o attachemt on it, do the newer starters use the clips ?

Here are some pics. These plugs are around the alternator area

This plug is around the starter

ok one of those can be for the butterfly valves, but what else ? I have the knock sensor accounted for. So I still have 3 extra sensors.

Also I have no starter wire, you know the one with the circular ring connector. I do have that extra clip by the starter, is that the wire maybe ?
Old 03-19-2005, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: b18c into a 94 civic, wiring problems (90blackcrx)

you might take few pics show the color of the plug. on the second pic. the grey plug could be for ect sensor and the black plug is for the purge soleniod.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c into a 94 civic, wiring problems (2lua)

The plug by the starter is green/black, red/white

The other 3 are

yellow/black,red/yellow

green/black,red/yellow

blue/red,white/red

I also have 2 other plugs, but I think there the iat and the knock sensor plug.

Also I have no starter wire, no circular wire ?
Old 03-19-2005, 03:55 PM

what wire harness are you using?
Old 03-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

98 gsr
Old 03-19-2005, 04:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The plug by the starter is green/black, red/white = ect

The other 3 are

yellow/black,red/yellow = evap

green/black,red/yellow = iat

blue/red,white/red =ckf

I also have 2 other plugs, but I think there the iat and the knock sensor plug.

Also I have no starter wire, no circular wire ?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ECT is engine coolant temp right, because I already have that plugged up with a sensor that is green and the wires are blue/black,black. Could I have um mixed up and one is the vtec oil pressure ?

So I have two other plugs that I don't know what they are for

1 is a green plug with 1 single wire, is that the knock sensor ? I looked in the manual though and it says it should have 2 cavities so maybe not.

The other plug is round and gray and I thought that was the iat sensor its blue/black,red/yellow . This one is closer to the iat, the other one is back by the iacv.

Also it was late and I called it a day, can someone tell me if the circular wire for the starter is part of the engine harness or chassis harness ?

Modified by 90blackcrx at 8:16 PM 3/19/2005
Old 03-19-2005, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are using 98 gsr isnt one by the alternator the crank fluctuation sensor, the round grey plug is for iat or purge valve
Old 03-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c into a 94 civic, wiring problems (hatchi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you are using 98 gsr isnt one by the alternator the crank fluctuation sensor, the round grey plug is for iat or purge valve</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup, that sounds right. u dont need the crank one or the purge one. I dont run them
Old 03-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c into a 94 civic, wiring problems (eg cookiemonster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg cookiemonster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yup, that sounds right. u dont need the crank one or the purge one. I dont run them</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, but what about the other ones ? The 1 buy the starter, and the other 1 by the alternator
Old 03-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any other recommendations ?
Old 03-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

when i got my motor installed it ran a ELD code for a bit. could it be one of those?

(Electrical Load Detector). i remember my Z6 never had a sensor like that...
Old 03-19-2005, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any other recommendations ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

one could be a PS pressure switch
Old 03-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c into a 94 civic, wiring problems (dantastic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dantastic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

one could be a PS pressure switch</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks, I'll look into it. Anyone else have any ideas ? Basically need to know which one is really the iat. Where is the iat located on the gsr ? The one plug will reach, the other plug won't, but they both will fit onto the connector.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2lua &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The plug by the starter is green/black, red/white = ect
</TD></TR></TABLE>

But I already have a plug in the coolant temp area, its a green plug and the 2 wires on it are are blue/black , black

So which one is the ect ?

Also I have 2 sensors around the iat
green/black,red/yellow sensor 1
blue/black,red/yellow sensor 2

So which one is the iat ?

lol and where the hell is the circular wire for the starter, maybe I was tired but its not on the engine harness, maybe its on the chassis harness.

Old 03-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok first off you working with a 00-01 GSr harness.... ~

2nd you have a shop and you cant find the starter wire... man i would be scared that you where putting in my Swap.... maybe you need to stop smoking before trying to do a swap. or you might want to go hit up honda-swap.com they have more lower I.Q people there you will fit right in..

Modified by ITR97-143 at 1:17 AM 3/20/2005
Old 03-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b18c into a 94 civic, wiring problems (ITR97-143)

anyway sorry to be a dick but god.

Old 03-19-2005, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lol and where the hell is the circular wire for the starter, maybe I was tired but its not on the engine harness, maybe its on the chassis harness.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe if you look a lil harder at the plugs you will see that the Starter wire is Black with a white strip and it is not a plug at all.... Its just a Female Connector same as the ones found on the back of speakers, with a thin rubber cover over it.............
Old 03-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITR97-143 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok first off you working with a 00-01 GSr harness.... ~
2nd you have a shop and you cant find the starter wire... man i would be scared that you where putting in my Swap.... maybe you need to stop smoking before trying to do a swap. or you might want to go hit up honda-swap.com they have more lower I.Q people there you will fit right in..
Modified by ITR97-143 at 1:17 AM 3/20/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

First off I'm doing this out of my garage and this is the first b18c that came in that I have worked on ( not a lot of people can afford it ) , and I found that starter wire you showed in the picture. I was talking about the other one, I was unsure about if it was on the wiring harness or the chassis. And whats the difference between a 98 gsr harness and a 00 gsr harness ?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITR97-143 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe if you look a lil harder at the plugs you will see that the Starter wire is Black with a white strip and it is not a plug at all.... Its just a Female Connector same as the ones found on the back of speakers, with a thin rubber cover over it.............
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm talking about the round connector, if this is on the engine harness either I over looked it 3 times or its not there, or its on the chassis.

And the main reason I asked all these questions, is because you sold this a guy a wiring harness and you modified it and never told him. You did a shitty wiring job on that 02 sensor, wires were touching each other. And you messed with a few other things, and he told me you never mention that to him at all, so whats up with that ? How come wires were touching each other that would of caused a fire ? Use some soder next time.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITR97-143 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Maybe if you look a lil harder at the plugs you will see that the Starter wire is Black with a white strip and it is not a plug at all.... Its just a Female Connector same as the ones found on the back of speakers, with a thin rubber cover over it.............
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe if you knew how to read you would understand what I was talking about, I never once said it was a plug, I called it a circular connector.

And about my i.q , you rip an engine out in 4 hours by yourself and also rip automatic pedals out, then start talking. I was a little tired when I made the thread. Amd that is what h-t is about, helping others.

And was there really any reason you had to act like an *** hole in this thread ? Did I come out and start calling the wiring harness a hack job ? Maybe it makes you feel tough.

Modified by 90blackcrx at 10:30 AM 3/20/2005

Modified by 90blackcrx at 10:31 AM 3/20/2005
Old 03-20-2005, 05:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITR97-143 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyway sorry to be a dick but god.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont be such a jerk!!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90blackcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

First off I'm doing this out of my garage and this is the first b18c that came in that I have worked on ( not a lot of people can afford it ) , and I found that starter wire you showed in the picture. I was talking about the other one, I was unsure about if it was on the wiring harness or the chassis. And whats the difference between a 98 gsr harness and a 00 gsr harness ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like to me you have no idea what you are doing. Doesnt matter if its a B16a,b20,b18b,B18c1,b16b,or a B18c-R/c5 the the install is the same. the main power for the Starter goes Str8 from the battery to the starter ...
there is only one diffrence from a 96-99 gsr wiring harness from a 00-01 and that is that they didnot install a tech wire for the Tach from the distro plug to the engine bay plug......

And the main reason I asked all these questions, is because you sold this a guy a wiring harness and you modified it and never told him. You did a shitty wiring job on that 02 sensor, wires were touching each other. And you messed with a few other things, and he told me you never mention that to him at all, so whats up with that ? How come wires were touching each other that would of caused a fire ? Use some soder next time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

First off dip **** ... i talked to your Customer about the harness and told him up front what it was and what was going on and that i was going to have to add one wire to the harness so his tach would work... ... ok ive got pics of that harness before i ever even sent it out. i never had to do any work to the o2 plug ? why would i it was in mint shape when i sent it out .. the only thing i did was add a wire from the Distro to the bay plug... and you also contacted me By PM on here when he bought the harness ... you even asked me what was missing from the plug and i told you ... i told you that i was going to add the wire for the tach before shipping it out and i even held it one more day just to ask you if you where going to use a obd1 disto or a obd2 i could switch out the plugs if needed...

And about my i.q , you rip an engine out in 4 hours by yourself and also rip automatic pedals out, then start talking. I was a little tired when I made the thread. Amd that is what h-t is about, helping others.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha are you slow or something .. damn 4 hours. unhooking everything and droping the motor out only takes 45 mins without breaking or cutting.
once the engine is out it only takes 35 mins to change a Auto car to a MT pulling the all the pedals changeing them installing the lines... dont make is seam like its hard when its not...

Old 03-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITR97-143 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Sounds like to me you have no idea what you are doing. Doesnt matter if its a B16a,b20,b18b,B18c1,b16b,or a B18c-R/c5 the the install is the same. the main power for the Starter goes Str8 from the battery to the starter ...
there is only one diffrence from a 96-99 gsr wiring harness from a 00-01 and that is that they didnot install a tech wire for the Tach from the distro plug to the engine bay plug......
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah that's why I asked, I was unsure. And if I would of stayed and looked on the other engine I would of saw the starter wire, that was my mistake because I was tired.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITR97-143 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i never had to do any work to the o2 plug ? why would i it was in mint shape when i sent it out...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah it looked good from the outside, but I saw 1 wire that was clearly added onto the harness, the wire was outside of the wire loom but under electrical tape, Honda does not do that

hahaha are you slow or something .. damn 4 hours. unhooking everything and droping the motor out only takes 45 mins without breaking or cutting.
once the engine is out it only takes 35 mins to change a Auto car to a MT pulling the all the pedals changeing them installing the lines... dont make is seam like its hard when its not...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

35 mins to change a car from auto to manual, are you high ? Maybe if you have 12 guys working on the car. I don't think you ever had to convert one or else you would know how hard it is to take the pedals out, ask anyone that has done a conversion and they will tell you the hardest thing is the pedals.

And 45 to pull an engine, once again your talking out of your ***. Lets see, it takes at least 20 minutes to pull both axles, 20 minutes to disconnect all the lines. So there is 40 minutes and I have not even mentioned all the little stuff.

All talk Mr.E thug, and it must make you feel tough calling people names over the Internet but hey if it makes you feel good do it.

Nice sig to, it fits you well, just keep thinking you know it all, it gets you far in life

Old 03-21-2005, 10:04 AM

he asked a question, not for a dick in his ***. damn.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay, write this down.

Other swaps might be a little different to you since you've never done a GS-R.
I'm surprised at the responses so far. The dick-head comments are not what H-T is supposed to be about. It forces everyone to read senseless filler (Bullshit) when they are trying very hard to recieve some answers.

The large eyelit (round) starter power you are looking for will be located by following the cars positive battery/charging harness.

The first picture depicts the Crankshaft Position/Fluctuation Sensor (CKP/CKF) plug

The Black one pictured here is Evaporative Purge Control Solenoid Plug located on the top of OBD2 GS-Rs.
The Gray one is the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Plug located on the back of the manifold closer to the passenger side.

This is the Coolant Temperature Sensor that plugs into the Front Side of the Head

Modified by EG-B20vtec at 1:39 PM 3/21/2005
Old 03-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah it looked good from the outside, but I saw 1 wire that was clearly added onto the harness, the wire was outside of the wire loom but under electrical tape, Honda does not do that
</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh so what is it ? i added a wire (Yes i did) but now it all looks fine other then that ? wow what a nice lie about the O2 plug....
hey if you dont like what i did you can take it all apart and put it inside the loom ... i didnt have to put that wire on the harness at all i did it to make Your job ez but wait you already installed the wiring harness on the motor..... Must have not have looked that Bad....

35 mins to change a car from auto to manual, are you high ? Maybe if you have 12 guys working on the car. I don't think you ever had to convert one or else you would know how hard it is to take the pedals out, ask anyone that has done a conversion and they will tell you the hardest thing is the pedals.

And 45 to pull an engine, once again your talking out of your ***. Lets see, it takes at least 20 minutes to pull both axles, 20 minutes to disconnect all the lines. So there is 40 minutes and I have not even mentioned all the little stuff. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I Take it you have never worked in a shop in your life. you might try going and working for somebody for Flat rate and you will see what Being fast is all about
If your not fast you don't make any money you would probably starve at the Rare your going. Its the 21 St. now? And that motor is still not in and wired and given back to the customer. Damn................ How may swaps have you really done?

All talk Mr.E thug, and it must make you feel tough calling people names over the Internet but hey if it makes you feel good do it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah i did call you a dipshit for the lie about the O2

Nice sig to, it fits you well, just keep thinking you know it all, it gets you far in life

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah it does fit me well at least im not posting up on honda-tech on how to figuare out what a main starter wire is and yes it has gotten me far in life ... at least in not sitting infront of the computer on honda-tech trying to figuar out how to install a b18c-r into a eg .............

Modified by ITR97-143 at 1:05 PM 3/21/2005

Quick Reply: b18c into a 94 civic, wiring problems