Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

B17 into '94 CX HB - Mounts, Wiring, Shift Linkage, Engine Harnes???

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B17 into '94 CX HB - Mounts, Wiring, Shift Linkage, Engine Harnes???

I've gone through hundred of posts but there isn't much info on the b17 swap. I need solid answers from people who have swapped a b17. Thanks in advance.
BTW... The b17 is in my '90 ls teg and I can use any parts I need from that car and I will most likely use the Hasport kit unless I can use all my stock mounts.

1)Mounts - Will the top tranny and rear mounts fit?
2)Wring - I know that I will have to wire the vtec, but do the ecu's have the same pin-outs?
3)Shift Linkage - Which one will fit? b17 or stock cx or something else?
4)Engine Harness - Will it plug into cx main harness and if so does the wiring match up on the conectors? Also, will an si engine harness fit or will it have to be modified?

Any other important info?

My new toy:
Old 09-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: B17 into '94 CX HB - Mounts, Wiring, Shift Linkage, Engine Harnes??? (diycx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by diycx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've gone through hundred of posts but there isn't much info on the b17 swap. I need solid answers from people who have swapped a b17. Thanks in advance.
BTW... The b17 is in my '90 ls teg and I can use any parts I need from that car and I will most likely use the Hasport kit unless I can use all my stock mounts.

1)Mounts - Will the top tranny and rear mounts fit?
2)Wring - I know that I will have to wire the vtec, but do the ecu's have the same pin-outs?
3)Shift Linkage - Which one will fit? b17 or stock cx or something else?
4)Engine Harness - Will it plug into cx main harness and if so does the wiring match up on the conectors? Also, will an si engine harness fit or will it have to be modified?

Any other important info?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a B17 in my 93 CX, did all the work myself. As for your questions. You will need 94+ Integra mounts for the easiest drop in. If you are going to use the P61, which is correct for the B17, then you will only need to add three wires. Two for Vtec and one for the knock sensor. I would recommend using the stock B17 harness as it should all plug directly into your current main harness. The CX main does not include the three mentioned wires, so you will need to run them seperate or pin the connector if you want a factory look. Problem is the connector will only allow for two wires, it will not allow for the knock sensor as no EG ever came with a knock sensor equipped engine. For the shift linkage, use one from an integra. It will bolt right up, the Civic one will not work. You will also need a throttle cable as well unless you want to make a custom bracket. I used a throttle cable from a type r. Took less then 1 minute to install. Email me if you have more questions or need pics or other info.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn man, that hatch has one straight friggin body!

how much did you pay? and how many miles?
if you dont mind me asking
Old 09-12-2003, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

you'll need

mounts
integra 94-01
rear tranny bracket.
driver side top bracket and mount.
2 front torque mounts. (ac bracket, front tranny mount)

*top tranny mount you can use the one thats on the single cam.

engine harnesses :

92-95 si harness
3 wires need to be added.
knock sensor, from the sensor to the ecu.
vtec solenoid from the engine harness to the ecu.
vtec pressure switch from the engine harness to the ecu.

any obd1-obd2 vtec integra harness.
knock, vtec solenoid, vtec pressure switch.
run them from the engine harness to the ecu.

if you decide to use a chipped p28.
theres no need to run the knock sensor wire.

you can wire it directly to the ecu.
or add wires in the chassis harness and pin them to the ecu plug.
* for a factory look install.

shift linkage
94-01 integra
99-00 civic si
or jdm eg6 linkage.

FYI
only 92 cx's

and all si and vx hatchbacks
are wired for vtec within the chassis harness.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:40 AM

Default Re: B17 into '94 CX HB - Mounts, Wiring, Shift Linkage, Engine Harnes??? (Hybrid93Eg)

Awesome Info! Thanks guys. This thread should really help out future B17 guys very well.
One more Q. Since I can use stock dc mounts I don't have to buy the Hasport kit but what about the tranny conversion(cable/hydro).What did you guys do?. I would really like to keep my YS1 tranny and I've been looking at both my cars and it seems like I could just use my tegra pedal assembly but I'm not quite sure if it will bolt in.

Thanks again guys.

BTW... I fell asleep early yesterday so that's why I didn't respond

Tad: Yeah, it's in really good condition although it has 150,000 miles on it, but it looks and drives like brand new almost. I payed $2500 for it.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B17 into '94 CX HB - Mounts, Wiring, Shift Linkage, Engine Harnes??? (diycx)

[saved]good info for future references [/saved]
Old 09-13-2003, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by diycx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Awesome Info! Thanks guys. This thread should really help out future B17 guys very well.
One more Q. Since I can use stock dc mounts I don't have to buy the Hasport kit but what about the tranny conversion(cable/hydro).What did you guys do?. I would really like to keep my YS1 tranny and I've been looking at both my cars and it seems like I could just use my tegra pedal assembly but I'm not quite sure if it will bolt in.

Thanks again guys.

BTW... I fell asleep early yesterday so that's why I didn't respond

Tad: Yeah, it's in really good condition although it has 150,000 miles on it, but it looks and drives like brand new almost. I payed $2500 for it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I swapped in a CTR tranny. No need in my opinion to stay with cable. If I were you, I would sell the cable tranny and get a hydro one.